Green Generation B/C

amp 3914
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Green Generation B/C

Post by amp 3914 »

What are the main topics related that should be studied and are there any techniques for studying these topics?
Jake R
Division: B
State: TX

Post by Jake R »

amp 3914 wrote:What are the main topics related that should be studied and are there any techniques for studying these topics?
what i do is i go down each topic in the rules, put each thing on the cheat sheet (a basic preview of everything) and when i'm done i fill it with detail, i'm talking about the cheat sheet because i mainly learn from the process of making the cheat sheet, but everyone is different, but that's just how i do it. i also have an ap environmental science book that i read.

also this is my first year doing it so you might also want to hear from other people as well, i was just sharing what i do to study.
event placing(a space means different competitions.) invitationals/regionals/state

2016 year:
Texas wildflowers: 1st 1st 3rd/1st/coming up
experimental design: 19th 6th/3rd/coming up
roller coaster: 1st 2nd/5th/coming up

placed 3rd in triple e (warm bodied) at ut invitational
c-trast
Division: C
State: NY

Post by c-trast »

Definitely try to master AP Environmental knowledge for this event.
'16 Ward Melville

Hydrogeology, Protein Modeling, Remote Sensing (NYS Trial)
Regionals: -/1/3
CulturallyScientific
Division: Grad
State: CA

Post by CulturallyScientific »

It's also always a good idea to keep an eye out for current events related to the environment. Even just looking up "environmental news" or skimming through some headlines online can lead you to lots of different current environmental issues that make for great examples on test questions.
'16, she/her, environmental-scientist-to-be: green gen, invasives, disease, ex. design, widi.

"…everything flows in an eternal present." (James Joyce)
sciolylover13
State: AL

Post by sciolylover13 »

Does anyone have any pictures they recommend putting on a cheat sheet? I already have all the cycles, pyramids, and some other miscellaneous things. Thanks!! :D
2015-2016 events:Chattahoochee/Dodgen/Regionals/State/Nats?
Anatomy and Physiology: 4/////
Green Generation: 6/////
Air Trajectory: NA/////
Crime Busters: 2/////
Dr3Ham
State: GA

Post by Dr3Ham »

sciolylover13 wrote:Does anyone have any pictures they recommend putting on a cheat sheet? I already have all the cycles, pyramids, and some other miscellaneous things. Thanks!! :D
I don't have any real pictures, but what you need are charts and diagrMs for the 4 cycles and biomes.
Bearden(Online)/Hooch/FCS/Dodgen/Regs/States/Nats
Every building event ever////////
Wind Power and Disease Detectives are pretty cool/////
I'm also gonna take a shot at Crimebusters YOLO////:D
kennethgu

Post by kennethgu »

sciolylover13 wrote:Does anyone have any pictures they recommend putting on a cheat sheet? I already have all the cycles, pyramids, and some other miscellaneous things. Thanks!! :D
I think that once you have the main pictures of the cycles/pyramids, you can just write the other things on your cheat sheet. I recommend using font size 5 and using bold, italics, and underlines. Using those and colors makes information easy to find in the competition when you are in a rush for time. Hope this helps! :D
sciolylover13
State: AL

Post by sciolylover13 »

kennethgu wrote:
I think that once you have the main pictures of the cycles/pyramids, you can just write the other things on your cheat sheet. I recommend using font size 5 and using bold, italics, and underlines. Using those and colors makes information easy to find in the competition when you are in a rush for time. Hope this helps! :D
I usually use size 4 in calibri. I also highlight a lot of main terms. Thanks though!!
2015-2016 events:Chattahoochee/Dodgen/Regionals/State/Nats?
Anatomy and Physiology: 4/////
Green Generation: 6/////
Air Trajectory: NA/////
Crime Busters: 2/////
laidlawe18
State: RI

Post by laidlawe18 »

Hi I was curious about a technicality in the rules.

In section 3.a.ii. (and many other similar sections), it talks about biomes, but it only mentions four biomes. Does that mean we only need to know about those four, or are those just examples to get us going, and we should actually have a comprehensive knowledge of those biomes plus a bunch of others. Same thing for the human impact section and a few others.

Thanks!
SenseiSushi
State: PA

Post by SenseiSushi »

laidlawe18 wrote:Hi I was curious about a technicality in the rules.

In section 3.a.ii. (and many other similar sections), it talks about biomes, but it only mentions four biomes. Does that mean we only need to know about those four, or are those just examples to get us going, and we should actually have a comprehensive knowledge of those biomes plus a bunch of others. Same thing for the human impact section and a few others.

Thanks!
The four ones they listed are the major categories of terrestrial biomes. For example, the forest category includes tropical rainforest, deciduous forest, and boreal forest. On most of the tests I took, they have asked about the specific types.
Userpage
2014 States: R&M-4th, Sounds of Music-5th
2015 States: Crime Busters-2nd, Green Gen-2nd
2015 Nationals: Green Generation-1st
2015 Swap Meet: Cheese Hat
2016 States: Green Gen-1st, Exp Des-5th, Scrambler-6th
2016 Nationals: Green Generation-1st

Return to “2016 Study Events”