Write It Do It B/C

samlan16
Division: Grad
State: GA
Has thanked: 0

Re: Write it Do it Overtime

Post by samlan16 »

Although General Rule 5 says that the least restrictive penalty must be applied in all cases, the fact is that the WIDI rules state that writers may have no more than 25 minutes to write. Because of this rule, the proctor may have interpreted your writing in overtime as cheating, and SO's scoring guidelines say that any cheating is grounds for disqualification. (You are lucky to have only gotten last place as the penalty because they should have given you 27th per the guidelines.)

I hate to break it to you, but your ranking will most likely hold.
Old fart who sort of did things sort of for some schools.
magicpunkrocknerd
Been thanked: 0

Re: Write It Do It B/C

Post by magicpunkrocknerd »

Bit of advice here, do this event with a partner you know really well. This can make all the difference. I did this with a best friend last year and we got 3rd at regionals with no practice. I did it again with someone I hardly knew at state and it went poorly. There are a lot of different variables, but having a partner you know very well can help a ton.
cemsc10
Division: B
State: OH
Been thanked: 0

Re: Write It Do It B/C

Post by cemsc10 »

magicpunkrocknerd wrote:Bit of advice here, do this event with a partner you know really well. This can make all the difference. I did this with a best friend last year and we got 3rd at regionals with no practice. I did it again with someone I hardly knew at state and it went poorly. There are a lot of different variables, but having a partner you know very well can help a ton.
I know one team had these twins on it, and they would always place!
An disease detective who happens to experiment with meteorology when she is sick of testing her scrambler.

Return to “2016 Lab Events”