State: MO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scores

Post by sciolyFTW_aku »

dragon_fruit35 wrote:
Unome wrote:
sciolyFTW_aku wrote:
Well, the size limitations are 60 cm by 60 cm by 60 cm at the Regionals, State, and National level. Also, the time range for the TT is 90-120 seconds at nationals.
Yes, but the original comment seemed to imply that DankMcIntosh is presetting his device to a certain time, rather than making it adjustable and setting it in the thirty minute setup period.

Wait is the high end 120 seconds now? Didn't it used to be 180 at some point? Or was that only Div C?
I think 180 was when they stop time no matter what, like that's the maximum amount of time it can go if it fails. So if your timewaster was still running after the Target Time, they wouldn't stop it until 180s.
Yup :D
B-)
DankMcIntosh
Division: Grad
State: ID

Post by DankMcIntosh »

Unome wrote:
sciolyFTW_aku wrote:
Unome wrote: I'd think that it shouldn't really matter what specifically the target time is, so long as you can adjust your device to anything within the 60-180 second range... (or have I misinterpreted the rules? This is like the distances in the vehicle events right?)
Well, the size limitations are 60 cm by 60 cm by 60 cm at the Regionals, State, and National level. Also, the time range for the TT is 90-120 seconds at nationals.
Yes, but the original comment seemed to imply that DankMcIntosh is presetting his device to a certain time, rather than making it adjustable and setting it in the thirty minute setup period.

Wait is the high end 120 seconds now? Didn't it used to be 180 at some point? Or was that only Div C?
Well, I am just wary to have an 'adjustment feature' because I don't want to mess anything up :D And also Unome, the high end is 120 seconds at least in Div. B.
ID - States/Nationals 2017
Meteo -/-
Invasives -/-
Fast Facts -/-
Mission Possible
2016 Events ID - States/Nats 2016
Meteorology 4/42
WIDI 1/-
Mission Possible 12/44
Road Scholar -/51
St. Joseph's Catholic School 2013-16
dragonfruit35
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: VA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by dragonfruit35 »

DankMcIntosh wrote:
Unome wrote:
sciolyFTW_aku wrote:

Well, I am just wary to have an 'adjustment feature' because I don't want to mess anything up :D And also Unome, the high end is 120 seconds at least in Div. B.
Well, you do get 30 minutes to set up and adjust everything.
tjhsst '20
virginia tech '24
2x codebusters national medalist

"it's not a pen, it's a principle!" - annie edison
sciolyFTW_aku
Division: C

Post by sciolyFTW_aku »

Yea, also, since they let you know the TT at impound, you should be able to be ready to adjust your Mission bybthe time your 30 minutes start.
B-)
DankMcIntosh

Post by DankMcIntosh »

Yes, true dragon fruit. We just totaled it up and tentatively we have 790 + the time scores. :|
Meteo -/-
Invasives -/-
Fast Facts -/-
Mission Possible
Meteorology 4/42
WIDI 1/-
Mission Possible 12/44
Road Scholar -/51
sciolyFTW_aku

Post by sciolyFTW_aku »

DankMcIntosh wrote:Yes, true dragon fruit. We just totaled it up and tentatively we have 790 + the time scores. :|
How many transfers do you have?
B-)
DankMcIntosh

Post by DankMcIntosh »

11 transfers + start task + end task + dimensions + TSL and Setup. this doesn't include the time points.
Meteo -/-
Invasives -/-
Fast Facts -/-
Mission Possible
Meteorology 4/42
WIDI 1/-
Mission Possible 12/44
Road Scholar -/51
sciolyFTW_aku

Post by sciolyFTW_aku »

At Nationals, I got a score of about 1120. I had 17 transfers, with dimensions of about 32 by 23 by 18, but my time waster went 27 seconds over, I lost 25 points for because an object going up an inclined plane didn't go far enough before acting as a wedge, and lost 65 ( :evil: ) points for touching something.
B-)
dragonfruit35
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: VA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by dragonfruit35 »

sciolyFTW_aku wrote:At Nationals, I got a score of about 1120. I had 17 transfers, with dimensions of about 32 by 23 by 18, but my time waster went 27 seconds over, I lost 25 points for because an object going up an inclined plane didn't go far enough before acting as a wedge, and lost 65 ( :evil: ) points for touching something.
How'd you lose 65 points? I thought it was 15 point penalty for touching.
tjhsst '20
virginia tech '24
2x codebusters national medalist

"it's not a pen, it's a principle!" - annie edison
sciolyFTW_aku

Post by sciolyFTW_aku »

dragon_fruit35 wrote:
sciolyFTW_aku wrote:At Nationals, I got a score of about 1120. I had 17 transfers, with dimensions of about 32 by 23 by 18, but my time waster went 27 seconds over, I lost 25 points for because an object going up an inclined plane didn't go far enough before acting as a wedge, and lost 65 ( :evil: ) points for touching something.
How'd you lose 65 points? I thought it was 15 point penalty for touching.
No, you lose 15 points for the touch itself and lose points for the transfer(s) it was involved in. Since it was in between 2 transfers, I lost 50 points, plus 15 points for the touch itself.
B-)

Return to “Mission Possible B”