Division: Grad
State: FL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scioly Summer Study Session 2016

Post by Fluorine »

Magikarpmaster629 wrote:
mnstrviola wrote: Astronomy Notes
Looks like I was beat to it :/ Also Anatomy comes before Astronomy alphabetically and it's kinda bothering me
If your thinking of doing anatomy notes someone might have that covered *coughs* i am working on some that are nearly done.
dcrxcode
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: IN

Post by dcrxcode »

I think even if an event/resource is "covered," you can still submit it for SSSS.
Fluorine
State: FL

Post by Fluorine »

dcrxcode wrote:I think even if an event/resource is "covered," you can still submit it for SSSS.
Sorry for that confusion. I know that you can double down on SSSS notes. I was just telling Magikarpmaster that if he is considering some Anatomy notes maybe do something else (more of a joke than anything). I think it benefits everyone more when the SSSS resources span more events but there is nothing wrong with doing the same events. Again the more the resources the better :D
Alumni of FAUHS SO | Logistics Direcotor @ Cornell Scioly
Wind Power, Anatomy, Invasive Species, Materials Science, Optics, Entomology,
 Cell Biology, Fossils, Experimental Design, Protein Modeling
mnstrviola
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
State: CA

Post by mnstrviola »

fixed the order :P

yup, the more resources the better! it would be nice to have variety, but it's also good if you submit a resource for an event you have expertise in (if it's a returning event). it's really up to you and we do not consciously "admit by event type".
Magikarpmaster629
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MA

Post by Magikarpmaster629 »

mnstrviola wrote:fixed the order :P

yup, the more resources the better! it would be nice to have variety, but it's also good if you submit a resource for an event you have expertise in (if it's a returning event). it's really up to you and we do not consciously "admit by event type".
Thanks! I submitted my Astronomy notes.
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)

A wild goose flies over a pond, leaving behind a voice in the wind.
A man passes through this world, leaving behind a name.
Magikarpmaster629
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MA

Post by Magikarpmaster629 »

I submitted my notes a week ago and I haven't heard back from anyone. I'd like to know if something is wrong with them so I can fix it before the deadline.
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)

A wild goose flies over a pond, leaving behind a voice in the wind.
A man passes through this world, leaving behind a name.
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by syo_astro »

Magikarpmaster629 wrote:I submitted my notes a week ago and I haven't heard back from anyone. I'd like to know if something is wrong with them so I can fix it before the deadline.
Well, the deadline isn't for some time to be fair, so I wouldn't worry too much (unless you're busy with summer stuff >.>). The issue is I tend to be a bit more nitpicky than most, so notes take me a long time because there's more information and I spend more time during the year editing tests (I think I got the test review back in a few daysish, but the other notes also took me around 10 days). Sorry about that, but I promise I've been working on the review, I'll try to get it to you ASAP.

Hope to get more submissions soon! So far only three astro and none for the other events I mod...
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
mnstrviola
State: CA

Post by mnstrviola »

Hey guys! Two things as we approach the end of summer:

Deadlines
Last day for sending in new submissions: August 10. After then, we will only be accepting revisions of past submissions.
Last day for sending in revisions: August 20. After then, we will only be reviewing leftover submissions and sending out acceptances.

Once we send out our final acceptance, I will take inventory and upload most accepted submissions to the wiki as soon as the 2017 rollover occurs.
Some users have requested their submission not be uploaded to the wiki. Instead, these resources will be sent out in an email to accepted users, in case anyone missed them.

Uploading Rejected Submissions
We toyed with this idea last year, and are thinking of doing so this year. Here are our reasons:
  1. The standards for acceptance have risen every year. (This year's accepted resources are really top-quality stuff!!)
  2. We have often rejected submissions due to minor errors that, for various reasons, the user was unable to revise.
  3. Along with providing a summer exchange system, SSSS aims to increase the resources available to the SciOly community as a whole by generating tests/notes early in the season.
So if your submission has not been accepted by the end of SSSS, we still might want to upload it to the wiki. If you request otherwise, please send me a PM by August 20 or include a note in your submission/revision.

That's it for now. There's still a lot of time to send in your submission/revision! PM/comment if you have any questions.
Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their summer :)
bhavjain
Division: C
State: PA

Post by bhavjain »

Just submitted an Anatomy test. Hope to hear back from you soon!
2017 Science Olympiad - (Invites TBD/Reg/State/Nats) - Division C

Anatomy: (-/-/-/-)
Astronomy: (-/-/-/-)
Disease Detectives: (-/-/-/-)
Ecology: (-/-/-/-)
Microbe Mission: (-/-/-/-)
Remote Sensing: (-/-/-/-)
Rocks & Minerals: (-/-/-/-)
Towers: (-/-/-/-)
bhavjain
Division: C
State: PA

Post by bhavjain »

I sent my submission 4 days ago...any status or suggested revisions?
2017 Science Olympiad - (Invites TBD/Reg/State/Nats) - Division C

Anatomy: (-/-/-/-)
Astronomy: (-/-/-/-)
Disease Detectives: (-/-/-/-)
Ecology: (-/-/-/-)
Microbe Mission: (-/-/-/-)
Remote Sensing: (-/-/-/-)
Rocks & Minerals: (-/-/-/-)
Towers: (-/-/-/-)

Return to “SSSS & SEC”