Events 2016-2017

For anything Science Olympiad-related that might not fall under a specific event or competition.
John Richardsim
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: MI
Has thanked: 0

Re: Events 2016-2017

Post by John Richardsim »

IKnowtheWrightStuff wrote:When will tentative events for 2016-2017 come out by the SciOly committee? And how accurate are the proposed events in the GoogleDoc? :?:
The tentative event table was put out earlier this month: https://www.soinc.org/sites/default/fil ... 6-7-16.pdf
Generally at this point it is highly unlikely that the tentative events will change. And yeah, as Entomology said, the topics for some of the events listed are a bit uncertain (mainly the topics for Ecology, since they aren't given in the table and unlike Astronomy we don't have a syo_eco on here to tell us...).
Private Wang Fire
State: OH
Been thanked: 0

Post by Private Wang Fire »

Does anyone know if attending SOSI the only way of getting a copy of the draft rules? I know SoCal's workshop mails them out too, but are there any others? Thanks!
MASON HIGH SCHOOL '18
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

Private Wang Fire wrote:Does anyone know if attending SOSI the only way of getting a copy of the draft rules? I know SoCal's workshop mails them out too, but are there any others? Thanks!
As far as I know, SOSI and the SoCal workshop are the only ways to get them.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Entomology
Division: C
State: CA

Post by Entomology »

Private Wang Fire wrote:Does anyone know if attending SOSI the only way of getting a copy of the draft rules? I know SoCal's workshop mails them out too, but are there any others? Thanks!
I think you have to eiether attend the workshop, or register for it at least to get the rules.
CCA '20 Captain
Herpetology, Fossils, Boomilever, Mousetrap Vehicle
Adi1008
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Adi1008 »

For SOSI you have to physically go there, they won't mail it to you
Stanford University
University of Texas at Austin '22
Seven Lakes High School '18
Beckendorff Junior High '14
SOPomo

Post by SOPomo »

NorCal has a one-day session July.... 30th? in SJ where you get all draft rules and go over each event quickly.
Private Wang Fire
State: OH
Been thanked: 0

Post by Private Wang Fire »

Entomology wrote:
I think you have to eiether attend the workshop, or register for it at least to get the rules.
Ah. Have you heard of anyone just registering to get the rules mailed to them? Is that like, ethical :?
MASON HIGH SCHOOL '18
Entomology
Division: C

Post by Entomology »

Private Wang Fire wrote:
Entomology wrote:
Ah. Have you heard of anyone just registering to get the rules mailed to them? Is that like, ethical :?
I guess it works though, right? I mean, you still pay for the workshop. I've never been to one myself though, so correct me if I am wrong.
CCA '20 Captain
Herpetology, Fossils, Boomilever, Mousetrap Vehicle
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

Private Wang Fire wrote:
Entomology wrote:
Well, you payed the money to register and you're getting less than you payed for (the draft rules but not the workshop) so why would you not just go to the workshop anyway if you've already registered?
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

Unome wrote:
Private Wang Fire wrote:
Entomology wrote:
Well, you payed the money to register and you're getting less than you payed for (the draft rules but not the workshop) so why would you not just go to the workshop anyway if you've already registered?
If you're in Maine, and California allows you to register for their workshop, going there will cost a lot of money. And I believe draft rules are intended only for coaches.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs

Return to “General Competition”