Wind Power B/C

chalker
Division: Grad
State: OH

Re: Wind Power B/C

Post by chalker »

soyuppy wrote: Will the rule and language be more specific regarding to placement of blade with respect to the fan. Whether blade can be moved parallel/away/toward the fan. Min/Max allow distance between blade and fan?
No min distance anymore. Not sure why a max distance would matter? Definitely cleared up the language allowing movement / positioning.

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair
soyuppy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by soyuppy »

chalker wrote:
soyuppy wrote: Will the rule and language be more specific regarding to placement of blade with respect to the fan. Whether blade can be moved parallel/away/toward the fan. Min/Max allow distance between blade and fan?
No min distance anymore. Not sure why a max distance would matter? Definitely cleared up the language allowing movement / positioning.
Yeah, Max does not have meaning in here. I was just being complete in referring to these parameters.
Look forward to seeing the updated rules.
daydreamer0023

Post by daydreamer0023 »

Will there be a change in the amount of resistance that the turbine has to face?
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale." - Marie Curie

Enloe '19 || UNC Chapel Hill '23

See resources I helped create here!
chalker
State: OH

Post by chalker »

daydreamer0023 wrote:Will there be a change in the amount of resistance that the turbine has to face?
Yes, we are widening the allowed range of resistors

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair
soyuppy

Post by soyuppy »

Has anyone tried using the stand science lab ring stand to test/mount/run the blade? Is it sturdy or stable enough to withstand the hi/low box fan speed?
soyuppy

Post by soyuppy »

soyuppy wrote:Has anyone tried using the standard science lab ring stand to test/mount/run the blade? Is it sturdy or stable enough to withstand the hi/low box fan speed?
calvin102111
Division: C
State: IN

Post by calvin102111 »

soyuppy wrote:
soyuppy wrote:Has anyone tried using the standard science lab ring stand to test/mount/run the blade? Is it sturdy or stable enough to withstand the hi/low box fan speed?
Can't say I have, but I know that my high school used it and they didn't have any trouble with it, so.
Captain for 2016/17 Season

Projected Events: Wind Power; Dynamic Planet; Ecology; Optics; R & M; WIDI
JonB
Coach
Coach
State: FL

Post by JonB »

soyuppy wrote:

It works. Just make sure it is a heavy version of a ring stand and you wont have any issues even at high speed with a great design. Sometimes you will have to hold the CD attachment because it will want to spin but that's about it (unless you glue it...)
soyuppy

Post by soyuppy »

JonB wrote:
soyuppy wrote:

It works. Just make sure it is a heavy version of a ring stand and you wont have any issues even at high speed with a great design. Sometimes you will have to hold the CD attachment because it will want to spin but that's about it (unless you glue it...)
What "heavy version of ring stand"? Do you know how heavy?
JonB
Coach
Coach
State: FL

Post by JonB »

soyuppy wrote:
JonB wrote:
soyuppy wrote:

What "heavy version of ring stand"? Do you know how heavy?

The larger the better? I can't tell you the weight off the top of my head.

Return to “Wind Power B/C”