Texas 2017

Adi1008
Division: Grad
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Texas 2017

Post by Adi1008 »

Unome wrote:Good luck to teams competing at Rice tomorrow! (and especially to Mat-Su CTHS from Alaska!)
For those interested, here's the scoresheet from Rice (11/12/16): http://ricesoaa.weebly.com/uploads/7/8/ ... esheet.pdf
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

Adi1008 wrote:
Unome wrote:Good luck to teams competing at Rice tomorrow! (and especially to Mat-Su CTHS from Alaska!)
For those interested, here's the scoresheet from Rice (11/12/16): http://ricesoaa.weebly.com/uploads/7/8/ ... esheet.pdf
Wow, you guys really blew everyone else out of the water! (not that I didn't already have you guys at the top of my Nationals predictions)

probably still going to get second at state though.
Adi1008

Post by Adi1008 »

Unome wrote:Wow, you guys really blew everyone else out of the water!
ehhhhhhhh not really. None of the top three teams are anywhere close to full strength/stacked teams right now, and aside from MIT, there won't be any competitions that come close to a true representation of Texas. These results are meaningless in terms of ranking SL, LASA, and Clements
Unome wrote:not that I didn't already have you guys at the top of my Nationals predictions
We have to make nationals first, which'll be hella tough by itself. Any two of Clements, LASA, and Seven Lakes could go to nationals this year; it's not nearly as clear cut as many people seem to think.
ashmmohan
Division: C
State: FL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ashmmohan »

anyone have any tests from these invitationals?
rafaelnadal
Division: C
State: TX

Post by rafaelnadal »

CyFalls is going down the drain...all of our new kids dont care about placing and feel no need to improve...........after this year we may even go to like 15th at state because all our seniors are leaving

*sigh* we used to be competitive, RIP :(

BUT, maybe that can change :/
pikachu4919
State: IN
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pikachu4919 »

rafaelnadal wrote:CyFalls is going down the drain...all of our new kids dont care about placing and feel no need to improve...........after this year we may even go to like 15th at state because all our seniors are leaving

*sigh* we used to be competitive, RIP :(

BUT, maybe that can change :/
So the school I competed for back in my day was actually in a similar situation a couple of years ago - we literally had a 12-year drought on qualifying for nationals and by the time I entered high school it was pretty rough/somewhat hopeless to some people...my freshman, sophomore, and junior years, we always spoke of trying to make nationals - the first two (frosh/soph), we had some pretty big mess-ups at state which put us into 6th twice, and reeeeeeeeally bad politics among our leadership then also irritated many strong members, in which a lot of them decided to quit. But we changed lots of things my junior year (my first year as a captain) that improved many of the aspects that were holding us back, and we managed to get 2nd, unfortunately that was the first time in years that they cut Indiana's second bid, which SUCKED. SO MUCH. (then again Munster HS is one of the biggest SciOly powerhouses in Indiana, and especially so in my time, so it would've been a long shot for first back then anyways) But seriously, despite that it didn't get us into nationals, getting second gave us hope that the next year, we could possibly win state and therefore, make it to nationals. Sure, there were some rocky starts, but we just kept working at it. Sure enough, we made it my senior year, and I'm sure the captains there right now are working hard to go back to nats again. The fact that we made it back after so many years of not being able to has really revived our program, as many people are interested in doing it, and I'm sure if you guys don't give up hope and continue working to achieve something great, you will be able to pull through ;)

In other words....

Just believe in yourselves! I know it sounds like a cat poster, but it's true :lol: I hope I didn't steal too much of Adi1008's thunder with that :?

(ergh I don't remember how to upload attachments/couldn't find the function to do that so I couldn't post the meme I made for that :( oh well...)
JShap
State: PA

Post by JShap »

Does anyone have or know where to find the results spreadsheet from the UT Austin invite?
Adi1008

Post by Adi1008 »

pikachu4919 wrote:Just believe in yourselves! I know it sounds like a cat poster, but it's true :lol: I hope I didn't steal too much of Adi1008's thunder with that :?
You know it ;)
JShap wrote:Does anyone have or know where to find the results spreadsheet from the UT Austin invite?
Here it is:

(not 100% sure if it's readble, so just ask if you want to know anything specifically)

Thank you to everyone at UT for running such a great tournament! We had a wonderful time and will definitely come back next year :)
jkang
State: TX

Post by jkang »

JShap wrote:Does anyone have or know where to find the results spreadsheet from the UT Austin invite?
Official results are now available on our official site here! Sorry for the delay.
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

jkang wrote:
Official results are now available on our official site here! Sorry for the delay.
Everything's bigger in Texas, including homeschool teams :)

Return to “2017 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”