Post by ic3kreem »

I think Troy (MI) will place this year.
pikachu4919
Division: Grad
State: IN
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by pikachu4919 »

ic3kreem wrote:I think Troy (MI) will place this year.
If they can get out of MI bc Northville and Grand Haven are pretty strong competition
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!
NeilMehta
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Division: C
State: NY
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by NeilMehta »

Unome wrote:
maxxxxx wrote:Division C
1. Mira Loma
2. Seven Lakes
3. Clements
4. Troy
5. Mentor
6. Solon
7. Harriton
8. WWP-North
9. Northridge
10. Chattahoochee

Division B
1. Magsig
2. Meads Mill
3. Beckendorff
4. Solon
5. Churchill
6. Daniel Wright
7. Marie Murphy
8. Eagle Hill
9. Longfellow
10. Lakeshore
This sort of sounds like a joke, but I'm not entirely sure... :? (regarding Magsig, Northridge, Chattahoochee)
Probably my bias speaking, but I'm pretty sure Gelinas deserves a spot up there
i can't feel my arms wtf i think i'm turning into a lamp

voted least likely to sleep 2018, most likely to sleep in class 2017+2018, biggest procrastinator 2018
maxxxxx
State: PA

Post by maxxxxx »

NeilMehta wrote:
Unome wrote:
maxxxxx wrote:Division C
1. Mira Loma
2. Seven Lakes
3. Clements
4. Troy
5. Mentor
6. Solon
7. Harriton
8. WWP-North
9. Northridge
10. Chattahoochee

Division B
1. Magsig
2. Meads Mill
3. Beckendorff
4. Solon
5. Churchill
6. Daniel Wright
7. Marie Murphy
8. Eagle Hill
9. Longfellow
10. Lakeshore
This sort of sounds like a joke, but I'm not entirely sure... :? (regarding Magsig, Northridge, Chattahoochee)
Probably my bias speaking, but I'm pretty sure Gelinas deserves a spot up there
I was generally trying to somewhat abandon remaking last year's top 11 or 12 in each division, so that's why there are a lot of oddballs. I dropped 9 and 10 from each division because I felt like if anyone were to fall out of the top ten, it would be those teams(well 9th place was due to me thinking neither of those teams would make it), especially with the B division scores being a lot more spread out for those places than C division.
Lower Merion Class Of 2017
Nietzsche0521
Division: B
State: CA

Post by Nietzsche0521 »

[NerdyTotoro] wrote:
humanbeingofearth548 wrote:Division B
0. Muscatel (CA) :(
Nu bad representation.

1st. Muscatel (CA)

...their spirit and pride shall push all the best teams down to last.
Well, there is a team that consistently beats Kraemer at invitationals this year. ;)
Eggo

Post by Eggo »

joeystudies101 wrote:
joeystudies101 wrote:
joeystudies101 wrote:
Well, there is a team that consistently beats Kraemer at invitationals this year.

Whats the team that beats Kraemer

My school, Fisler may seem bad but we are coming after you. We don't care that we got 26th at Ladera.
Fisler has the best scioly team.
Joeystudies - I think they were hinting at JT, and yes you're right Fisler is not a weak team. If I remember from OC Regionals last year, you guys were doing pretty well in some of your events.
Anatomy, Disease Detectives, Circuit Lab, Mousetrap Vehicle
Medal Count: 51
Entomology

Post by Entomology »

Guys, let's please all be respectful. This violates the whole scioly spirit in general and the friendly relations our schools are supposed to have--you don't have to be best friends, but saying degrading things about other schools isn't exactly making you look good and it's not doing your team any favors...
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

Entomology wrote:Guys, let's please all be respectful. This violates the whole scioly spirit in general and the friendly relations our schools are supposed to have--you don't have to be best friends, but saying degrading things about other schools isn't exactly making you look good and it's not doing your team any favors...
To add some context to Ento's post, there was recently a bit of a skirmish about certain teams that got out of hand very quickly. We realize that sometimes emotions about one's own team can be very strong, and tensions can get high as competition season progresses, but it is imperative that all users are respectful of each other in order to keep things civil.

We will also add that deliberately inciting a confrontation, or making deliberately inflammatory remarks about other schools or users will NOT be tolerated, and is punishable by board warnings, temporary bans of varying length, or permanent bans, depending on the severity of the offense. We take this very seriously.

Luckily, these incidents don't occur on the forums very often, and we would like to keep it that way. We know that the vast majority of our users are respectful towards each other and the site, and we are deeply appreciative of this. :)
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
Magikarpmaster629
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MA

Post by Magikarpmaster629 »

Thanks Ento and East!

Anyway, going back to the discussion of Nationals predictions...

It looks like a lot of people have confidence in a Sanders win, followed by the frequent Nationals Champion Troy [CA] and classic Kansas team Olathe North.
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)

A wild goose flies over a pond, leaving behind a voice in the wind.
A man passes through this world, leaving behind a name.
H_zhang
Division: B

Post by H_zhang »

EastStroudsburg13 wrote:
Entomology wrote:Guys, let's please all be respectful. This violates the whole scioly spirit in general and the friendly relations our schools are supposed to have--you don't have to be best friends, but saying degrading things about other schools isn't exactly making you look good and it's not doing your team any favors...
To add some context to Ento's post, there was recently a bit of a skirmish about certain teams that got out of hand very quickly. We realize that sometimes emotions about one's own team can be very strong, and tensions can get high as competition season progresses, but it is imperative that all users are respectful of each other in order to keep things civil.

We will also add that deliberately inciting a confrontation, or making deliberately inflammatory remarks about other schools or users will NOT be tolerated, and is punishable by board warnings, temporary bans of varying length, or permanent bans, depending on the severity of the offense. We take this very seriously.

Luckily, these incidents don't occur on the forums very often, and we would like to keep it that way. We know that the vast majority of our users are respectful towards each other and the site, and we are deeply appreciative of this. :)

Uh can you tell people to stop insulting fisler then?

Return to “2017 Nationals”