Experimental Design B/C

Locked
User avatar
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2139
Joined: January 5th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: Seattle, WA
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 222 times
Contact:

Experimental Design B/C

Post by bernard » August 31st, 2017, 12:20 pm

"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."

User avatar
WhatScience?
Member
Member
Posts: 395
Joined: July 16th, 2017, 4:03 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Experimental Design B/C

Post by WhatScience? » September 10th, 2017, 9:37 am

Congratulations! The official soinc.org page for XPD has listed the scioly.org wiki page for the event as an officially recommended resource. Thanks to all who have made the wiki the wealth of information it is.

User avatar
OrigamiPlanet
Member
Member
Posts: 147
Joined: August 6th, 2017, 12:15 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Experimental Design B/C

Post by OrigamiPlanet » September 19th, 2017, 12:22 pm

WhatScience? wrote:Congratulations! The official soinc.org page for XPD has listed the scioly.org wiki page for the event as an officially recommended resource. Thanks to all who have made the wiki the wealth of information it is.
Almost nothing has changed since last year's EXP D, right?
Div. C - Cumberland Valley High School

Events: Battle at Valley Forge/MC Barons
Codebusters (3/3); Dynamic Planet (3/1); Astronomy (-/2)

Substitute in Event
Geologic Mapping (-/2)

Email me for anything!

User avatar
NeilMehta
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Posts: 318
Joined: August 27th, 2016, 5:27 am
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Experimental Design B/C

Post by NeilMehta » September 19th, 2017, 1:05 pm

OrigamiPlanet wrote:
WhatScience? wrote:Congratulations! The official soinc.org page for XPD has listed the scioly.org wiki page for the event as an officially recommended resource. Thanks to all who have made the wiki the wealth of information it is.
Almost nothing has changed since last year's EXP D, right?
Two big changes:
-They no longer accept illegible responses
-B Division calculators must be NON-GRAPHING
Please correct me if I missed any
i can't feel my arms wtf i think i'm turning into a lamp

voted least likely to sleep 2018, most likely to sleep in class 2017+2018, biggest procrastinator 2018

User avatar
OrigamiPlanet
Member
Member
Posts: 147
Joined: August 6th, 2017, 12:15 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Experimental Design B/C

Post by OrigamiPlanet » September 19th, 2017, 1:27 pm

NeilMehta wrote:
OrigamiPlanet wrote:
WhatScience? wrote:Congratulations! The official soinc.org page for XPD has listed the scioly.org wiki page for the event as an officially recommended resource. Thanks to all who have made the wiki the wealth of information it is.
Almost nothing has changed since last year's EXP D, right?
Two big changes:
-They no longer accept illegible responses
-B Division calculators must be NON-GRAPHING
Please correct me if I missed any
I just checked the rules, I think they also put on the rules now that there will be a certain topic. I'm not sure if they listed this in the previous years or not though.
Div. C - Cumberland Valley High School

Events: Battle at Valley Forge/MC Barons
Codebusters (3/3); Dynamic Planet (3/1); Astronomy (-/2)

Substitute in Event
Geologic Mapping (-/2)

Email me for anything!

CandaceKress
Member
Member
Posts: 1
Joined: September 24th, 2017, 7:14 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Experimental Design B/C

Post by CandaceKress » September 24th, 2017, 7:21 pm

Are the events the same for middle and high school kids? This is my first year teaching.

User avatar
dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 798
Joined: April 11th, 2017, 6:55 pm
Division: C
State: MO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Experimental Design B/C

Post by dxu46 » September 24th, 2017, 7:23 pm

CandaceKress wrote:Are the events the same for middle and high school kids? This is my first year teaching.
Yes, with the exception of having to include significant figures in division C for quantitative data.

User avatar
NeilMehta
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Posts: 318
Joined: August 27th, 2016, 5:27 am
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Experimental Design B/C

Post by NeilMehta » September 24th, 2017, 7:37 pm

dxu46 wrote:
CandaceKress wrote:Are the events the same for middle and high school kids? This is my first year teaching.
Yes, with the exception of having to include significant figures in division C for quantitative data.
Also, division C participants are allowed to bring graphing calcs
i can't feel my arms wtf i think i'm turning into a lamp

voted least likely to sleep 2018, most likely to sleep in class 2017+2018, biggest procrastinator 2018

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4254
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Experimental Design B/C

Post by Unome » September 25th, 2017, 4:26 am

NeilMehta wrote:
dxu46 wrote:
CandaceKress wrote:Are the events the same for middle and high school kids? This is my first year teaching.
Yes, with the exception of having to include significant figures in division C for quantitative data.
Also, division C participants are allowed to bring graphing calcs
Didn't Div C also have to include some kind of statistical measures? (I could be remembering wrong, I haven't looked at this event in a while)
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

User avatar
OrigamiPlanet
Member
Member
Posts: 147
Joined: August 6th, 2017, 12:15 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Experimental Design B/C

Post by OrigamiPlanet » September 29th, 2017, 12:48 pm

Unome wrote:
NeilMehta wrote:
dxu46 wrote: Yes, with the exception of having to include significant figures in division C for quantitative data.
Also, division C participants are allowed to bring graphing calcs
Didn't Div C also have to include some kind of statistical measures? (I could be remembering wrong, I haven't looked at this event in a while)
Do you mean like line of best fit and etc.?
Div. C - Cumberland Valley High School

Events: Battle at Valley Forge/MC Barons
Codebusters (3/3); Dynamic Planet (3/1); Astronomy (-/2)

Substitute in Event
Geologic Mapping (-/2)

Email me for anything!

Locked

Return to “2018 Lab Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests