Helicopters C

Raleway
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
Has thanked: 0

Re: Helicopters C

Post by Raleway »

Nano1llus10n wrote:I think Dave is now taking preorders for the chinook design.
Was this publicly announced or just hearsay? Because his website says nothing :(
Sleep is for the week; one only needs it once a week :!: :geek: :roll: :?: :idea:

God bless Len Joeris | Balsaman
Nano1llus10n
State: TX
Been thanked: 0

Post by Nano1llus10n »

Raleway wrote:
Was this publicly announced or just hearsay? Because his website says nothing :(
I got an email saying he's starting to take preorders and that the delivery will probably in late October.
[b]Event:[/b] MIT/R/S/N
[b]Anatomy and Physiology:[/b] 8/3/2/26
[b]Helicopters:[/b] 11/-/2/43
[b]Microbe Mission:[/b] 13/2/2/8
[b]Event:[/b] R/S/N
[b]Anatomy and Physiology:[/b] 1/2/8
[b]Designer Genes:[/b] 1/2/4
[b]Protein Modeling:[/b] 1/3/2
[b]Wright Stuff:[/b] 2/2/9

Seven Lakes High School '21
Raleway
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Raleway »

Nano1llus10n wrote:
Raleway wrote:
I got an email saying he's starting to take preorders and that the delivery will probably in late October.
:O Thanks for the heads up
Sleep is for the week; one only needs it once a week :!: :geek: :roll: :?: :idea:

tm-scioli

Post by tm-scioli »

I noticed wardsci posted a kit. Anybody have any idea what it's like/whether it's worth getting?
DoctaDave
Division: Grad
State: CA

Post by DoctaDave »

tm-scioli wrote:I noticed wardsci posted a kit. Anybody have any idea what it's like/whether it's worth getting?
Ward science kits are never competitive and are always overpriced. Dave's kits are much better in quality and will build much better helicopters.
andrew lorino
State: NY

Post by andrew lorino »

DoctaDave wrote:
tm-scioli wrote:I noticed wardsci posted a kit. Anybody have any idea what it's like/whether it's worth getting?
Ward science kits are never competitive and are always overpriced. Dave's kits are much better in quality and will build much better helicopters.
Amen. The Ward's kits usually consist of a haphazard selection of overly dense wood, no instructions, and poor accessories. FFM is far superior.
Raleway
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Raleway »

DoctaDave wrote:
Ward Kits can provide an introduction into helicopters but it will not be competitive. FFM, like stated, provides far better quality at a reasonable price.

daydreamer0023

Post by daydreamer0023 »

Raleway wrote:
DoctaDave wrote:
Ward Kits can provide an introduction into helicopters but it will not be competitive. FFM, like stated, provides far better quality at a reasonable price.
Can I add that Dave's instructions are part of the reason I was able to do as well as I did in this, even though it was my first legitimate build event ever?
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale." - Marie Curie

Enloe '19 || UNC Chapel Hill '23

See resources I helped create here!
Nano1llus10n
State: TX

Post by Nano1llus10n »

daydreamer0023 wrote:
Raleway wrote:
DoctaDave wrote:
Can I add that Dave's instructions are part of the reason I was able to do as well as I did in this, even though it was my first legitimate build event ever?
This is also my first time doing a build event/helicopters. Although his instructions weren't as clear as they could have been, they gave me a general idea/base to work off of and helped me to start playing with some mods.
[b]Event:[/b] MIT/R/S/N
[b]Anatomy and Physiology:[/b] 8/3/2/26
[b]Helicopters:[/b] 11/-/2/43
[b]Microbe Mission:[/b] 13/2/2/8
[b]Event:[/b] R/S/N
[b]Anatomy and Physiology:[/b] 1/2/8
[b]Designer Genes:[/b] 1/2/4
[b]Protein Modeling:[/b] 1/3/2
[b]Wright Stuff:[/b] 2/2/9

Seven Lakes High School '21
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

Nano1llus10n wrote:
daydreamer0023 wrote:
Raleway wrote:
This is also my first time doing a build event/helicopters. Although his instructions weren't as clear as they could have been, they gave me a general idea/base to work off of and helped me to start playing with some mods.
I suggest sharing any confusing instructions with Dave so he can improve their clarity when making kits for this season.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs

Return to “Helicopters C”