1. Describe the action of lysozyme on a bacterial cell.
2. How do molecules access a gram-negative bacterial cell through the layers of the membrane?
3. What is LPS, and what role does it play in the body's immune response?
4. Explain the difference between an endo- and exotoxin.
5. Name two major components of gram-positive walls, excluding peptidoglycan.
6. What two molecules is peptidoglycan composed of?
7. Why do bacteria produce antibiotics?
8. Penicillins, cephalosporins, and chloramphenicols are beta-lactam antibiotics. Describe their action.
9. What does "wide spectrum" mean in the context of antibiotics?
WEST WINDSOR-PLAINSBORO HIGH SCHOOL SOUTH '18
EMORY UNIVERSITY '22
SONT 2017 5th Place Medalist [Microbe Mission]
"One little Sciolyer left all alone,
He went out and hanged himself and then there were none."
Congratulations to WW-P South for winning 14th place at Nationals!