Well, I guess I'll post since no one else is posting. Here goes:
1. The enzyme _____ _____ catalyzes the conversion of carbon dioxide and water into carbonic acid.
2. _____ _____ states that at a constant temperature, the amount of a given gas that dissolves in a given type and volume of liquid is directly proportional to the partial pressure of that gas in equilibrium with that liquid. (Hint: it's a gas law)
3. With respect to partial pressure of oxygen, what will happen if the concentration of 2,3-bisphosphoglycerate in the body increases? How will this affect the body?
4. If a person has a tidal volume of 600 mL and breathes 12 times per minute, calculate the approximate alveolar ventilation rate.
5. Compare and contrast the epithelial linings of the pharynx and small intestine.
6. What substance emulsifies fats for digestion? Where is this substance produced and what hormone triggers its production?
7. Intrinsic factor is produced by _____ which is secreted by _____ in the _____. What is the function of intrinsic factor?
8. _____, _____, and _____ are the three main proteolytic enzymes in the small intestine that cleave polypeptides into subunits known as peptides.
9. Cholesterol and colipase are examples of _____ molecules, meaning that they have hydrophobic and hydrophilic ends.
10. Where can Peyer's patches be found in the body?
11. Differentiate between cytotoxic T-cells and natural killer cells.
12. What cytokine stimulates the differentiation of B-cells?
13. Compare and contrast between MHC Class I and MHC Class II.
14. What is the most common and versatile antibody (immunoglobulin)?
15. Describe the mechanisms of cell-mediated and humoral immunity.
Btw you don't have to answer all of the questions -- answering a few will suffice
"Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood." -- George Orwell, 1984
Events 2019: A&P, Heredity, Picture This, P&P
Events 2020: A&P, Chem Lab, Codebusters, Designer Genes, DD