Who else waiting on State Tournment Date?

hscmom-again
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Who else waiting on State Tournment Date?

Post by hscmom-again »

Colorado has no scheduled date for our State Tournament. What other states out there are waiting on a date?
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: Who else waiting on State Tournment Date?

Post by Unome »

hscmom-again wrote:Colorado has no scheduled date for our State Tournament. What other states out there are waiting on a date?
Georgia C hasn't been announced, though I have some strong suspicions. SoCal and NorCal typically aren't announced for a while longer. That's probably the majority of those that haven't been announced yet.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
John Richardsim
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
State: MI

Post by John Richardsim »

I don know how old that announcement on the CO state website is, but if it is at a new location, I wouldn't say a late announcement is particularly unusual (if it isn't announced by the end of the year, I'd probably say it's past due).

Places where the state tournament location is very consistent are usually announced pretty early (iirc even before the 2016 tournament, New Mexico had posted dates for their state tournaments through 2020).
Froggie
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: CA

Post by Froggie »

John Richardsim wrote:Places where the state tournament location is very consistent are usually announced pretty early (iirc even before the 2016 tournament, New Mexico had posted dates for their state tournaments through 2020).
WHAT
HOW
I'm really surprised as you can tell
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie
meierfra
Coach
Coach
Division: C
State: MI

Post by meierfra »

The Michigan tournament is always the weekend before finals at Michigan State University. So even if Michigan Science Olympiad hasn't posted the dates, you can look it up on MSU's website, where they have their academic calendar posted through 2022.
Schrodingerscat
Administrator
Administrator
State: KS
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Schrodingerscat »

Froggie wrote:
John Richardsim wrote:Places where the state tournament location is very consistent are usually announced pretty early (iirc even before the 2016 tournament, New Mexico had posted dates for their state tournaments through 2020).
WHAT
HOW
I'm really surprised as you can tell
I believe Kansas has a standing reservation (or at least always renew and presumably with precedence) for the first Saturday in April for years and into the foreseeable future. Even when it is Easter weekend...
igotoschool

Post by igotoschool »

hscmom-again wrote:Colorado has no scheduled date for our State Tournament. What other states out there are waiting on a date?

april 21st at cherry creek hs
Last edited by igotoschool on March 8th, 2018, 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rêveur

Post by Rêveur »

I've heard some hearsay about Northern California's tournament being on the 14th of April, but I haven't seen an official update on the NorCal SciOly website.
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

Rêveur wrote:I've heard some hearsay about Northern California's tournament being on the 14th of April, but I haven't seen an official update on the NorCal SciOly website.
It's been posted on on of the regional websites (I remember seeing that and updating the wiki).
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
SOPomo

Post by SOPomo »

Unome wrote:
Rêveur wrote:I've heard some hearsay about Northern California's tournament being on the 14th of April, but I haven't seen an official update on the NorCal SciOly website.
It's been posted on on of the regional websites (I remember seeing that and updating the wiki).
From what I received from the Sacramento regional director after signing up, it's been tentatively set for April 14th. Doesn't mean it won't change, but that's what's been sent out in the official flyers so far.

Return to “2018 Regionals & States”