Thermodynamics B/C

vjindal
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Thermodynamics B/C

Post by vjindal »

arv101 wrote:How close are you guys getting to your actual final temperature with predictions at competitions? Some people are like 0.2 degrees off whereas others are 10-15 degrees off?
At MIT we were 1.2 degrees C low with our prediction.
2019:
Mousetrap
Wright Stuff
Sounds

MIT 2018:
Heli: 1st
Mousetrap: 6th

--- Helicopters --- https://youtu.be/nn-x44gB0oA
--- Robot Arm --- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmHcG-bar7w&t=76s
--- Wind Power --- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=603F7vPUbrg&t=34s
chopchpp
State: OH

Post by chopchpp »

vjindal wrote:Anyone know the top device scores at MIT? I heard some top teams went for ice bonus
In my block, the best score was 53.3C internal and 28C external (hrf = 1.903), however, this team did not go for the ice bonus
Justin72835
Division: Grad
State: TX

Post by Justin72835 »

vjindal wrote:Anyone know the top device scores at MIT? I heard some top teams went for ice bonus
Speaking of MIT, what did everyone think about the test? While I thought the multiple choice section was mediocre at best, the free response questions were pretty amazing (despite how difficult that last part was).
"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
But in ourselves, that we are underlings."

University of Texas at Austin '23
Seven Lakes High School '19
chopchpp

Post by chopchpp »

Justin72835 wrote:
Speaking of MIT, what did everyone think about the test? While I thought the multiple choice section was mediocre at best, the free response questions were pretty amazing (despite how difficult that last part was).
The last two free response questions were extremely difficult, but super fun to just try even if I had no hope of answering it. I heard the highest score was 90/168 on the test portion
Alex-RCHS
State: NC

Post by Alex-RCHS »

chopchpp wrote:
In my block, the best score was 53.3C internal and 28C external (hrf = 1.903), however, this team did not go for the ice bonus
What was the temperature and volume, if you don’t mind me asking?
About me!
Raleigh Charter HS (NC) 2018
UNC-Chapel Hill 2022
Justin72835

Post by Justin72835 »

Alex-RCHS wrote:
chopchpp wrote:
75 degrees, 60 mL, 30 minutes.

kendreaditya
State: PA

Post by kendreaditya »

Alex-RCHS wrote:
chopchpp wrote:
Speaking of that, does anyone know the staring temperature and volume for Boyceville, Colombia, and Westlake Invitational?
Pizzacats
Division: B
State: PA

Post by Pizzacats »

I am about 10 degrees off.
My signature is my signature
Justin72835

Post by Justin72835 »

chopchpp wrote:
Justin72835 wrote:
The last two free response questions were extremely difficult, but super fun to just try even if I had no hope of answering it. I heard the highest score was 90/168 on the test portion
Btw, do you remember where you heard about 90/168 being highest score on the test? I ask because our team actually got pretty close to this score.

chopchpp

Post by chopchpp »

Justin72835 wrote:
chopchpp wrote:
Justin72835 wrote: Speaking of MIT, what did everyone think about the test? While I thought the multiple choice section was mediocre at best, the free response questions were pretty amazing (despite how difficult that last part was).
Btw, do you remember where you heard about 90/168 being highest score on the test? I ask because our team actually got pretty close to this score.
This is largely speculative but we were talking to the 2nd place team and they said the ES told them so

Return to “2018 Lab Events”