2018 Princeton University Invitational

Area to advertise for your competitions!
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: FL

Re: 2018 Princeton University Invitational

Post by windu34 »

pikachu4919 wrote:Oh yeah that reminds me...

https://www.when2meet.com/?6490390-EsTJc

If you're going to be there, we're gonna try to arrange a somewhat big scioly.org meetup with whoever's there. For those who'll still be around after awards, there may be plans to go get ice cream at the Bent Spoon (on recommendation from knottingpurple)
Sounds good I would definitely be interested!
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
University of Florida Science Olympiad Co-Founder
Florida Science Olympiad Board of Directors
[email protected] || windu34's Userpage
Raleway
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
Has thanked: 0

Post by Raleway »

Time for some predictions!

1. Montgomery: Very nice composite performance at MIT and will be only bringing one team as per what I see on the team list. This also assumes WWPN and WWPS will be unstacked

2. Bayard Rustin: Although they haven't attended many noticeable invitationals so far, their results warrant a higher standing than WWPN and WWPS.

3. Camas: Oops I forgot Camas.

4. WWPN: Just beat WWPS at Yale.

5. JP Stevens: Amazing performance at regionals, actually beating a WWP school! They should be hungry and coming in strong.

6. WWPS: Seem weaker than last year but Princeton should give them a chance to reassert their strength in what basically is a pre-state tournament with some strong teams in other states.

7. Conestoga: Did better than Boca at MIT; Boca should be right behind them here

Rest of the field seems pretty even. Would put East Brunswick and South Brunswick in a jumble behind Conestoga (maybe Princeton High School but from what I see in the NJ States result last year, they were disappointing).
Last edited by Raleway on January 27th, 2018, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleep is for the week; one only needs it once a week :!: :geek: :roll: :?: :idea:

God bless Len Joeris | Balsaman
whythelongface
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ
Been thanked: 0

Post by whythelongface »

Raleway wrote:Time for some predictions!

1. Montgomery: Very nice composite performance at MIT and will be only bringing one team as per what I see on the team list. This also assumes WWPN and WWPS will be unstacked

2. Bayard Rustin: Although they haven't attended many noticeable invitationals so far, their results warrant a higher standing than WWPN and WWPS.

3. WWPN: Just beat WWPS at Yale.

4. JP Stevens: Amazing performance at regionals, actually beating a WWP school! They should be hungry and coming in strong.

5. WWPS: Seem weaker than last year but Princeton should give them a chance to reassert their strength in what basically is a pre-state tournament with some strong teams in other states.

6. Conestoga: Did better than Boca at MIT; Boca should be right behind them here

Rest of the field seems pretty even. Would put East Brunswick, South Brunswick, and Camas in a jumble behind Conestoga (maybe Princeton High School but from what I see in the NJ States result last year, they were disappointing).
Problems:
1. WWPN and WWPS will most likely be stacked.
2. JPS did not beat WWPS, their stacked team lost to the unstacked WWPS team by one point at Regs.

I have no idea how well Monty will do against WWP, but I cannot foresee JPS beating South, or any WWP school lagging that much behind Rustin. North actually beat them at Conestoga/BVF.
WEST WINDSOR-PLAINSBORO HIGH SCHOOL SOUTH '18
EMORY UNIVERSITY '22
SONT 2017 5th Place Medalist [Microbe Mission]

"One little Sciolyer left all alone,
He went out and hanged himself and then there were none."

Congratulations to WW-P South/Grover for winning 2nd/1st place at NJ States!
Raleway
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C

Post by Raleway »

Oof time to revise all my standings...

1. Camas (GGSO)
2. Montgomery (MIT)
3. Bayard (GGSO)
4. WWPN (Yale)
5. WWPS (Yale)
6. Conestoga (MIT)
7. Boca Raton
8. Charter Wilmington
9. JP Stevens (Regionals)
10. South Brunswick High School
11. East Brunswick High School
Sleep is for the week; one only needs it once a week :!: :geek: :roll: :?: :idea:

God bless Len Joeris | Balsaman
maxxxxx
State: PA

Post by maxxxxx »

whythelongface wrote: Problems:

2. JPS did not beat WWPS, their stacked team lost to the unstacked WWPS team by one point at Regs.

I have no idea how well Monty will do against WWP, but I cannot foresee JPS beating South, or any WWP school lagging that much behind Rustin. North actually beat them at Conestoga/BVF.
Notice how he never said they did. Although it's nice to see they make you feel a little uneasy ;)
Lower Merion Class Of 2017
whythelongface
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Been thanked: 0

Post by whythelongface »

maxxxxx wrote:

Notice how he never said they did. Although it's nice to see they make you feel a little uneasy ;)
Ah, assumptions. You know what they make of you and me... I keep forgetting they beat North. Still, placing JPS ahead of South and behind North doesn't make too much sense...
WEST WINDSOR-PLAINSBORO HIGH SCHOOL SOUTH '18
EMORY UNIVERSITY '22
SONT 2017 5th Place Medalist [Microbe Mission]

"One little Sciolyer left all alone,
He went out and hanged himself and then there were none."

Congratulations to WW-P South/Grover for winning 2nd/1st place at NJ States!
knottingpurple

Post by knottingpurple »

whythelongface wrote:
maxxxxx wrote:

Ah, assumptions. You know what they make of you and me... I keep forgetting they beat North. Still, placing JPS ahead of South and behind North doesn't make too much sense...
Lol I'm loving the salt from all sides, this is hilarious. (But also you maybe should all just chill and just go study and prove each other wrong when we get there.)
WWP South, graduated 2018
Current undegrad in physics @Oxford University
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: FL

Post by windu34 »

Good luck to everyone competing tomorrow! I will be supervising Remote Sensing, feel free to stop by!
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
University of Florida Science Olympiad Co-Founder
Florida Science Olympiad Board of Directors
[email protected] || windu34's Userpage
pikachu4919
State: IN
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pikachu4919 »

windu34 wrote:Good luck to everyone competing tomorrow! I will be supervising Remote Sensing, feel free to stop by!
^^^^

I’ll be supervising Forensics, also feel free to stop by!
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!
lumosityfan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: TX
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by lumosityfan »

Reminder that I'm doing a live awards spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
John P. Stevens Class of 2015 (Go Hawks!)
Columbia University Class of 2019 (Go Lions!)

Return to “2018 Invitationals”