State: KS
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Disease Detectives B/C

Post by gryphaea1635 »

The48thYoshi wrote:
Tailsfan101 wrote:
gryphaea1635 wrote:Hi everyone,

Can someone help me with question #18 on the UT Austin Invitational B test? My answer was 2.2 and the answer key says 1.83.

The link to the test is here: https://utexas.app.box.com/s/5ckx9zggsh ... 36465065/1

Thanks so much!
Huh, I got 2.2 also. Not quite sure if the answer is correct. Maybe someone else can help us out, hmm?
Link doesn’t work :?
Huh, it works on my computers rip. It's in the test exchange as well.
ESKKEEEETTTIIITT
WhatScience?
Division: C
State: NJ

Post by WhatScience? »

Tailsfan101 wrote:

Can someone help me with question #18 on the UT Austin Invitational B test? My answer was 2.2 and the answer key says 1.83.

The link to the test is here: https://utexas.app.box.com/s/5ckx9zggsh ... 36465065/1

Thanks so much!
Huh, I got 2.2 also. Not quite sure if the answer is correct. Maybe someone else can help us out, hmm?
I got 2.2 as well, did it from just using the formula I know and then checking the wiki to make sue I had the right formula. I did. It is def 2.2
Birdmusic
State: CA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by Birdmusic »

WhatScience? wrote:
Tailsfan101 wrote:

Thanks so much!
I got 2.2 as well, did it from just using the formula I know and then checking the wiki to make sue I had the right formula. I did. It is def 2.2
Same, my partner and I did it and got 2.2
I like birds.
Froggie
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Froggie »

Birdmusic wrote:
WhatScience? wrote:
Tailsfan101 wrote: Huh, I got 2.2 also. Not quite sure if the answer is correct. Maybe someone else can help us out, hmm?
I don't know if it's just my computer, but when I opened it there were only questions 1-17.
Did this happen to anyone/is there any way to fix that?
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie
Tailsfan101
Division: Grad
State: ID

Post by Tailsfan101 »

Froggie wrote:
Birdmusic wrote:
WhatScience? wrote: I got 2.2 as well, did it from just using the formula I know and then checking the wiki to make sue I had the right formula. I did. It is def 2.2
I don't know if it's just my computer, but when I opened it there were only questions 1-17.
Did this happen to anyone/is there any way to fix that?
Yeah, the same happened for me. I was looking at the answer sheet and went "What?"
I guess it's just another bad test...
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
rosek

Post by rosek »

Hi! It's my team's first ever time at States this year (NY) and I would do anything to get top 3 in Disease. I doubt we're getting to nationals since we barely got into states, but either way I would love to do our adviser proud. Anyone have any practice tests or notes or tips that me and my partner can use to get it?
Benewcomb
State: IN
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Benewcomb »

rosek wrote:Hi! It's my team's first ever time at States this year (NY) and I would do anything to get top 3 in Disease. I doubt we're getting to nationals since we barely got into states, but either way I would love to do our adviser proud. Anyone have any practice tests or notes or tips that me and my partner can use to get it?
Nerd_Bunny wrote:
WhatScience? wrote:Hey guys,
Does anyone have a good list of diseases that we should study (symptoms,duration..etc)
Here's a chart linked on soinc.org:
http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Food/Foodb ... 187482.pdf
And I hope you already have this, cause it helped me a lot.
love you <3
rosek

Post by rosek »

Benewcomb wrote:
rosek wrote:Hi! It's my team's first ever time at States this year (NY) and I would do anything to get top 3 in Disease. I doubt we're getting to nationals since we barely got into states, but either way I would love to do our adviser proud. Anyone have any practice tests or notes or tips that me and my partner can use to get it?
Nerd_Bunny wrote:
WhatScience? wrote:Hey guys,
Does anyone have a good list of diseases that we should study (symptoms,duration..etc)
Here's a chart linked on soinc.org:
We totally missed that chart! Thank you!!
Benewcomb
State: IN
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Benewcomb »

rosek wrote:
Benewcomb wrote:
Nerd_Bunny wrote: Here's a chart linked on soinc.org:
We totally missed that chart! Thank you!!
Also theirs a solve the outbreak game somewhere here you can play. Page 3
love you <3
Nerd_Bunny
State: ID

Post by Nerd_Bunny »

What are the formulas for Z-tests and T-tests? I've already got the chi-squares and the cochran Mantel-Haenszel tests down, and Fisher's exact test is coming along, but it's been hard for me to find resources about these tests in an epidemiology context. Thanks!
Events: A&P, DD, Circuit Lab
States/Nats
2017 DD: 1/16
2018 A&P: 1/29
2019 A&P: 1/22
2019 PM: 1/22 
If you're curious...yes, I like rabbits.

Return to “2018 Study Events”