New York 2018

Yackback
Division: Grad
State: NY
Been thanked: 0

Re: New York 2018

Post by Yackback »

btw awards is late because Mission is still going on/just finished

e: still going on, parade has started though so that’s good (although it’s going slow to let mission finish)

edit alot: 5:19pm really close to starting, and now they are pleading people to eat the snacks on the way out

edit: the assistant director is stalling, so it’s close

last edit: starting, although mission still isn’t done
Last edited by Yackback on March 10th, 2018, 2:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Stony Brook Science Olympiad 2018-
whythelongface
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ

Post by whythelongface »

Bazinga+ wrote:Predictions:
1- Great Neck South
Great performance last year missing 3rd by just 4 points, and considering Columbia and Ward Melville got lucky with tech they definately had a shot at top 2. This year the other top teams seem weaker and GNS is only getting better.
2- Mount Academy
Very strong team and has incredible tech and study this year from what I've heard. Considering other good teams are doing poorly this year definately will be in top 3.
3- Columbia
Still a very strong team although not as good as last year, still think they can pull a 3rd at states if they try really really hard.
4- FM
This team clearly went down hill to the point that they didn't bother going to MIT or U Penn invites because they knew they would get rekt. I wouldnt even put them in top 10 but I feel like putting them 4th out of respect.
5- Ward Melville
Very weak from what I've heard, with their middle school captain retiring and their tech carries/gods leaving. Their mousetrap vehicle is a cardboard box with 2 wooden dowels through it and their mission possible is basically a modified Hasbro Mouse Trap Game. Kinda wish they were blocked from states again this year so they wouldn't have to embarrass themselves this year, but I'll put them 5th out of respect and because of my history with this school.
Maybe be a bit more respectful with the predictions...?
WEST WINDSOR-PLAINSBORO HIGH SCHOOL SOUTH '18
EMORY UNIVERSITY '22
SONT 2017 5th Place Medalist [Microbe Mission]

"One little Sciolyer left all alone,
He went out and hanged himself and then there were none."

Congratulations to WW-P South/Grover for winning 2nd/1st place at NJ States!
Bazinga+
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
Has thanked: 0

Post by Bazinga+ »

whythelongface wrote:
Bazinga+ wrote:Predictions:
1- Great Neck South
Great performance last year missing 3rd by just 4 points, and considering Columbia and Ward Melville got lucky with tech they definately had a shot at top 2. This year the other top teams seem weaker and GNS is only getting better.
2- Mount Academy
Very strong team and has incredible tech and study this year from what I've heard. Considering other good teams are doing poorly this year definately will be in top 3.
3- Columbia
Still a very strong team although not as good as last year, still think they can pull a 3rd at states if they try really really hard.
4- FM
This team clearly went down hill to the point that they didn't bother going to MIT or U Penn invites because they knew they would get rekt. I wouldnt even put them in top 10 but I feel like putting them 4th out of respect.
5- Ward Melville
Very weak from what I've heard, with their middle school captain retiring and their tech carries/gods leaving. Their mousetrap vehicle is a cardboard box with 2 wooden dowels through it and their mission possible is basically a modified Hasbro Mouse Trap Game. Kinda wish they were blocked from states again this year so they wouldn't have to embarrass themselves this year, but I'll put them 5th out of respect and because of my history with this school.
Maybe be a bit more respectful with the predictions...?
I put wm and fm in top 5 out of respect, you want me to put them higher?
Innovation =/= success
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by syo_astro »

Bazinga+ wrote:I put wm and fm in top 5 out of respect, you want me to put them higher?
Bit tired, but you're really trolling of all people:P?
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
Bazinga+
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Bazinga+ »

syo_astro wrote:
Bazinga+ wrote:I put wm and fm in top 5 out of respect, you want me to put them higher?
Bit tired, but you're really trolling of all people:P?
Excuse me? I honestly do think wm and fm are sagnificantly worse this year. Sure they have a few decent study people but all in all I haven't been impressed by what I've seen at all. You can have your opinion and I can have mine.
Innovation =/= success
DarthBuilder
State: IL

Post by DarthBuilder »

This is a prediction. Nothing here is correct nor wrong, so don’t bash on each other for predicting.
Edit: This wasn’t supposed to be taken seriously guys.
Last edited by DarthBuilder on March 10th, 2018, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted
Yackback

Post by Yackback »

Division C states results:

1. Fayetteville-Manlius (162)
2. Columbia (172)
3. Ward Melville (186)
4. The Mount Academy (251)
5. Great Neck South (300)
6. Stuyvesant (338)
7. Syosset (373)
8. Spackenkill (406)
9. Kellenberg (420)
10. Staten Island Technical (431)

https://www.ezratech.us/competition/new ... es/results

E: Scores and scoresheet link added

E2: Ward Melville got 3rd in Mousetrap..
Last edited by Yackback on March 10th, 2018, 5:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stony Brook Science Olympiad 2018-
shrewdPanther46

Post by shrewdPanther46 »

lol rip bazinga
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by syo_astro »

DarthBuilder wrote:This is a prediction. Nothing here is correct nor wrong, so don’t bash on each other for predicting.
...? I was trying to keep it calm, but have a longer post, hopefully I'll inform of context. Bazinga went to WM and knows the team quite well. Even ignoring invites, they're an NYS C powerhouse that has been a very consistent top 3 team (along with FM, and Columbia more recently). There is currently a livestream that basically confirms this.

To clarify, my intent really isn't to "bash" (unless that is meant for someone else), just to casually call out something that sounds peculiar. Finally, you might say there is "no right or wrong", but I think that's simplifying things too much. Don't get me wrong, upsets definitely happen all the time, and nothing is a given. Heck, I knew I was definitely wrong when I posted my predictions. But if you read all the posts, Bazinga is very obviously joking when he says Ward has a mousetrap made of a cardboard box w/ 2 dowels...that still gets top 3.

I believe if you look at that, my post at least is well justified.
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
shrewdPanther46

Post by shrewdPanther46 »

If you look at it from bazinga's perspective, I understand why he was roasting the mousetrap....
because he could have done a WAY better job (given that he is a building(vehicle events too) l3g3nd lol)

Return to “2018 Regionals & States”