Herpetology B/C

Froggie
Division: B
State: PA

Re: Herpetology B/C

Postby Froggie » April 1st, 2018, 9:13 am

Fellas, anyone have a rough idea what the test will be like at regionals? Also if anyone has practice tests that'd be dandy.
The test will be fast paced and intense, I recommend taking the Princeton or MIT tests to get a rough estimate of the difficulty.
They aren't in the test exchange, is there another way of obtaining them?
Princeton tests are online on their website (I think), however you cannot/should not get MIT tests.
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie

matematika
State: NY

Postby matematika » April 1st, 2018, 8:47 pm

There are quite a few questions on these amphibians and reptiles being used in the medical field on tests that I have taken -- where do you find this exquisite and peculiar information?
2017 - Herpetology, Dynamic Planet, Solar System

CrayolaCrayon
Division: C

Postby CrayolaCrayon » April 2nd, 2018, 2:30 am

There are quite a few questions on these amphibians and reptiles being used in the medical field on tests that I have taken -- where do you find this exquisite and peculiar information?

I'd do research on the venoms. There's always some use for them (neuro, hemotoxins).

If you ever have to guess what the medical use is, 90% of the time it's the venom with some sort of disease.
Wright Stuff National Runner-up 2019
USA F1D Team 2020

matematika
State: NY

Postby matematika » April 2nd, 2018, 7:41 am

Yeah, or the African horned frog.
2017 - Herpetology, Dynamic Planet, Solar System

Kyanite
Division: Grad
State: WA

Postby Kyanite » April 3rd, 2018, 8:49 pm

Fellas, anyone have a rough idea what the test will be like at regionals? Also if anyone has practice tests that'd be dandy.
The test will be fast paced and intense, I recommend taking the Princeton or MIT tests to get a rough estimate of the difficulty.
Really? I swore Princeton's was in there.

Person

Postby Person » April 4th, 2018, 6:26 am

Princeton tests can be found here.
I am a Person.
Past events: Solar Systems, Crave the Wave, ENTOMOLOGY, Dynamic Planet, Scrambler, Invasive Species, Forensics, Hydrogeology, Optics, Herpetology, Astronomy, Remote Sensing
#TehEntoCult ENTO IS LUV ENTO IS LYFE
Most Original Username 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

jsegal
State: NC

Postby jsegal » April 6th, 2018, 4:48 pm

I tend to find the best information on Wikipedia there are more pros than cons for using this site in my opinion.

Froggie

Postby Froggie » April 10th, 2018, 7:06 pm

Does anyone have a good way of IDing rat snakes and every other type of snake? My partner and I have seen so many different types of rat snakes (it’s become a joke; if you don’t know it, it’s a rat snake).
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie

fabishkf
State: WI

Postby fabishkf » April 11th, 2018, 6:14 am

Rat snakes are pretty easy to identify as they have a sort of square-ish shaped head, keeled scales and a flat underside that makes the cross-section of their body look sort of like a loaf of bread.
Madison West '21 Hamilton '17
Geology events

Kyanite
Division: Grad
State: WA

Postby Kyanite » April 11th, 2018, 8:46 am

Does anyone have a good way of IDing rat snakes and every other type of snake? My partner and I have seen so many different types of rat snakes (it’s become a joke; if you don’t know it, it’s a rat snake).
Rat snakes are pretty hard to ID, I go off of the eyes for them, they appear to me to have a more raised eye when compared to Thamnophis or Nerodia whose eyes are slightly more tucked into the head.

Return to “2018 Study Events”