Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: CA

Re: Herpetology B/C

Post by Froggie »

Almandine wrote:
Kyanite wrote:
Almandine wrote:Fellas, anyone have a rough idea what the test will be like at regionals? Also if anyone has practice tests that'd be dandy.
The test will be fast paced and intense, I recommend taking the Princeton or MIT tests to get a rough estimate of the difficulty.
They aren't in the test exchange, is there another way of obtaining them?
Princeton tests are online on their website (I think), however you cannot/should not get MIT tests.
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie
matematika
Division: B
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by matematika »

There are quite a few questions on these amphibians and reptiles being used in the medical field on tests that I have taken -- where do you find this exquisite and peculiar information?
2017 - Herpetology, Dynamic Planet, Solar System
CrayolaCrayon
State: PA

Post by CrayolaCrayon »

matematika wrote:There are quite a few questions on these amphibians and reptiles being used in the medical field on tests that I have taken -- where do you find this exquisite and peculiar information?

I'd do research on the venoms. There's always some use for them (neuro, hemotoxins).

If you ever have to guess what the medical use is, 90% of the time it's the venom with some sort of disease.
MIT '25
MIT Wright Stuff ES '22
BirdSO Wright Stuff ES '22
matematika
Division: B
State: NY

Post by matematika »

Yeah, or the African horned frog.
2017 - Herpetology, Dynamic Planet, Solar System
Kyanite
Division: Grad
State: WA

Post by Kyanite »

Almandine wrote:
Kyanite wrote:
Almandine wrote:Fellas, anyone have a rough idea what the test will be like at regionals? Also if anyone has practice tests that'd be dandy.
The test will be fast paced and intense, I recommend taking the Princeton or MIT tests to get a rough estimate of the difficulty.
Really? I swore Princeton's was in there.
Person
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Person »

Almandine wrote:
Kyanite wrote:
Princeton tests can be found here.
I am a Person.
♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
jsegal
State: NC

Post by jsegal »

I tend to find the best information on Wikipedia there are more pros than cons for using this site in my opinion.
Froggie
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Froggie »

Does anyone have a good way of IDing rat snakes and every other type of snake? My partner and I have seen so many different types of rat snakes (it’s become a joke; if you don’t know it, it’s a rat snake).
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie
fabishkf
State: WI

Post by fabishkf »

Rat snakes are pretty easy to identify as they have a sort of square-ish shaped head, keeled scales and a flat underside that makes the cross-section of their body look sort of like a loaf of bread.
madison west '21 hamilton '17
top 5 favorite events: rocks and minerals, fossils, geomapping, microbe mission, herpetology
Kyanite
State: WA

Post by Kyanite »

Froggie wrote:Does anyone have a good way of IDing rat snakes and every other type of snake? My partner and I have seen so many different types of rat snakes (it’s become a joke; if you don’t know it, it’s a rat snake).
Rat snakes are pretty hard to ID, I go off of the eyes for them, they appear to me to have a more raised eye when compared to Thamnophis or Nerodia whose eyes are slightly more tucked into the head.

Return to “2018 Study Events”