Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: NC
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Post by venules »

The exact test format may vary by state, but the content should match what's listed on the event sheet. Just go more in-depth with what you've learned so far :)
NCSO Alumna, '13-19 | Duke University '23
Nerd_Bunny
Division: C
State: ID

Post by Nerd_Bunny »

We just had the state competition in Idaho, and out team won! We'd really like to up Idaho's representation at Nationals, so my A&P partner and I really want to build on our knowledge. What textbooks and other resources have y'all been using? We need a few more sources for our A&P studying other than practice tests, which have been the source for the bulk of (at least my) knowledge.
Events: A&P, DD, Circuit Lab
States/Nats
2017 DD: 1/16
2018 A&P: 1/29
2019 A&P: 1/22
2019 PM: 1/22 
If you're curious...yes, I like rabbits.
cword
Division: B
State: MS

Post by cword »

Hey guys, would y'all advise me on the types of questions likely to be at Nationals? I'm stressing over the idea that there's going to be stuff i'm missing in my notes.
States/Nats

A&P: 1/8
DD: 1/36
Microbe: 2/43
Herp: 2/50
(i think you can guess what i actually worked on lol)
rafaelnadal
Division: C
State: TX

Post by rafaelnadal »

has the lymphatic system ever been one of the systems for anatomy before? im trying to look for it in a old rules manual but i cant find it.
CyFalls HS '19

2017 State: 2nd place We've Got Your Number

2018: 7L/Clements/Rice/Districts/Reg/States

Anatomy & Physiology:: 10/-/15/2/1/-
Experimental Design: 6/2/10/-/-
Microbe Mission: 12/5/8/4/2/-
Mousetrap Vehicle 17/6/9/5/2/-
We've Got Your Number: -/2/-/1/1/-
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

rafaelnadal wrote:has the lymphatic system ever been one of the systems for anatomy before? im trying to look for it in a old rules manual but i cant find it.
Not in at least I decade, if at all.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
venules
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NC
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by venules »

The closest you can get to lymphatic in previous tests is the immune system, because some tests have questions about lymph and lymph nodes. That may be why they created this rotation, honestly, because every system seems to tie to the previous rotation in a way. (Another example: last year was endocrine, and this year you had to know a bit about hormones for digestive.)
NCSO Alumna, '13-19 | Duke University '23
endoplasmic

Post by endoplasmic »

When they say one double-sided sheet of notes, would it be acceptable to print two one-sided pages of notes and put it in a sheet protector? (since that would still be only one sheet amount of notes) I’ve been doing that all year just for the ease of printing and proctors have never once had an issue with it...until State. Even then, I thought it would be okay to just glue the two papers together but according to the proctor, it wasn’t. Just wondering.
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

endoplasmic wrote:When they say one double-sided sheet of notes, would it be acceptable to print two one-sided pages of notes and put it in a sheet protector? (since that would still be only one sheet amount of notes) I’ve been doing that all year just for the ease of printing and proctors have never once had an issue with it...until State. Even then, I thought it would be okay to just glue the two papers together but according to the proctor, it wasn’t. Just wondering.
I think there's a National FAQ disallowing it, but I can't remember for sure.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Person
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Person »

endoplasmic wrote:When they say one double-sided sheet of notes, would it be acceptable to print two one-sided pages of notes and put it in a sheet protector? (since that would still be only one sheet amount of notes) I’ve been doing that all year just for the ease of printing and proctors have never once had an issue with it...until State. Even then, I thought it would be okay to just glue the two papers together but according to the proctor, it wasn’t. Just wondering.
As Unome said, there is a national FAQ stating that "only 1 sheet of paper printed on front and back is allowed for specific events. Teams may not bring 2 sheets of paper printed on 1 side, even if they are stapled together or in a sheet protector".

See here: https://www.soinc.org/anatomy-and-physiology-div-c
I am a Person.
♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
endoplasmic

Post by endoplasmic »

Person wrote:
As Unome said, there is a national FAQ stating that "only 1 sheet of paper printed on front and back is allowed for specific events. Teams may not bring 2 sheets of paper printed on 1 side, even if they are stapled together or in a sheet protector".

See here: https://www.soinc.org/anatomy-and-physiology-div-c
Ripppp I never knew about that...costly mistake :// Thanks!

Return to “2018 Study Events”