Ultimate Frisbee at Nats!

TheChiScientist
Division: Grad
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Ultimate Frisbee at Nats!

Post by TheChiScientist »

hippo9 wrote:I'm trying to imagine one of the top team's copter getting decimated by a frisbee right now...
Frisbee wanted by police for the murder of Troy's helicopter... :D
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
Alex-RCHS
State: NC

Post by Alex-RCHS »

I just want to specify that, while this does overlap with some parts of the STEM EXPO, you're certainly welcome to come for only part of the ultimate competition. Just let me know when you sign up.
About me!
Raleigh Charter HS (NC) 2018
UNC-Chapel Hill 2022
CC-1616
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by CC-1616 »

dxu46 wrote:Good idea. It'll get some Troy kids to stop studying so they'll do worse!
Nice try bud. lol
kyleemicheller
State: CO

Post by kyleemicheller »

So.. I'm not sure if you know anything about the CSU campus, but as I have lived in Fort Collins my entire life, I can absolutely guarantee that there is ample room to set up a game or two on the IM fields on the south side of Moby arena.

https://map.concept3d.com/?id=748#!ct/2 ... 5355,15346

Here is a link to an interactive map of the CSU campus, and I hope that can give you an idea of how large the field space really is. Also, I do believe that some students on my team (Fossil Ridge, Div C) are planning on getting a team together. Colorado Spirit! :D

edit: i forgot the link haha
fossil ridge high school
nats: (ucf/lincoln/wrightstate/colostate)
events: (mission p/heli/ecology)
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

kyleemicheller wrote:So.. I'm not sure if you know anything about the CSU campus, but as I have lived in Fort Collins my entire life, I can absolutely guarantee that there is ample room to set up a game or two on the IM fields on the south side of Moby arena.

Here is a link to an interactive map of the CSU campus, and I hope that can give you an idea of how large the field space really is. Also, I do believe that some students on my team (Fossil Ridge, Div C) are planning on getting a team together. Colorado Spirit! :D

I think this is the current location.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Alex-RCHS

Post by Alex-RCHS »

Unome wrote:
kyleemicheller wrote:So.. I'm not sure if you know anything about the CSU campus, but as I have lived in Fort Collins my entire life, I can absolutely guarantee that there is ample room to set up a game or two on the IM fields on the south side of Moby arena.

I think this is the current location.
Correct.
About me!
UNC-Chapel Hill 2022
Alex-RCHS

Post by Alex-RCHS »

Alex-RCHS wrote:Hey everyone! Here's some info about the ultimate frisbee competition.

General Info: The competition is absolutely confirmed and is scheduled to take place from 12:15 to 3:15* (Colorado time, of course) on Friday, May 18 on the Intramural Fields.** If enough teams sign up, I might push the start time up to 11:45.

Team Composition: Please note that teams will be composed of 7 people. If you don’t have 7 people on your team interested in playing, then I’ll try to accomodate you anyway. If you have less than 7 people then I might split you up or combine you with another team/some extra alumni. We'll make it work. If you have more than 7 people, no worries. We might split you into 2 teams, or you can just sub some people out between halves. Again, we'll make it work. Also, I'm restricting this competition to Division C competitors and alumni only. Sorry, but I want to keep the level of competition fair for everyone.

Signing up: Here is a form to officially sign your team up to compete. Even if you've already expressed your interest to me personally, I still need you to sign up here. I need this done by Saturday, May 12 at 11:59 PM in order to have time to construct a schedule and contact all of the teams. Additionally, I reserve the right to close this form early if too many teams sign up. (I don't think I'll have to, but I'm putting it out there just in case.)

Rules: Here's a link to the rules that we'll be using.*** After considering the level of experience involved and the spirit of this competition, I've adapted the regular Ultimate rules to best fit our situation. We're going to be following the rules loosely with the main goal being to have fun. Save your competitive fire for Saturday. That said, if you have any suggestions for me, I'm always happy to hear them.

Lastly, please bear with me through this whole process. Remember that I volunteered to organize this for the benefit of competitors. Furthermore, this is in the thick of AP season, nationals studying, and college paperwork. I'm doing my best to get all the organizing done well and efficiently, so I'll appreciate your patience, cooperation, and participation in this competition.

*A note about timing: There's a "Friday Night Fiesta" from 4:00-6:00. My understanding is that it's some type of dinner. Since I want to give everyone ample time to shower (strongly encouraged, but not necessary) and change (please, at least do this) I don't want the ultimate competition to run past 3:15.
**Here's a map. I don't know which field it's on yet, but I'll let you know soon. They're pretty close together anyway.
***I may change the rules if someone points out something in there that doesn't make sense (or if I just feel like it). But I probably won't.
Reminder to please sign up today if you’re interested!
About me!
UNC-Chapel Hill 2022
Fridaychimp
State: TX

Post by Fridaychimp »

I just checked the weather, and there's a 90% chance of rain in Fort Collins on the 18th, with thunderstorms expected in the afternoon. :cry:
Seven Lakes Junior High '17, Seven Lakes High School '21
CMS AC
Division: B
State: NJ

Post by CMS AC »

Rip builds... wasn't this like last year?
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

Fridaychimp wrote:I just checked the weather, and there's a 90% chance of rain in Fort Collins on the 18th, with thunderstorms expected in the afternoon. :cry:
There's nothing better than Ultimate in the rain :D
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

Return to “2018 Nationals”