Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Scioly Achievement List

Post by pb5754 »

Anomaly wrote:
pb5754[] wrote:
Anomaly wrote: I think I'm at exactly 20 for this year (that's including ribbons, without ribbons will be 16).
What are ribbons for?
Generally the lower places, so anything below 6th place (7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th)
Oh...
I've never seen these in NJ so lol
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South '21
2021 Nationals: Astronomy - 1st, Geologic Mapping - 1st, Team - 6th
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

With three or more invitationals, 20+ isn't too hard. I first reached 20 in one year in 2015, with six total tournaments.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
TheChiScientist
Division: Grad
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by TheChiScientist »

^Lol, same.
Might as well do this...
REVERSE ENGINEERING ACHIEVEMENT: My blueprints for thermo :lol: (Also medaled ;) )
BLIND STAB ACHIEVEMENT: UChicago Invitational Hovercraft test was where I forgot how to do Mechanical advantage and I wrote some random BS and got almost full points. :?
SWEEP ACHIEVEMENT: Almost did it but no nationals for us so who knows? ;)
ANTI-AESTHETICS ACHIEVEMENT: Basically every hovercraft I ever made had tape, hot glue and stab wounds.
UN-STREET SMART ACHIEVEMENT: UChigaco became a maze for a good half hour.
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS ACHIEVEMENT: Shoutout to my friends at NT Ashernoel and DarthBuilder. :)
ENVIRONMENTALLY CONSCIOUS ACHIEVEMENT: Basically my hovercrafts last year.
ANTI-STOIC ACHIEVEMENT: :shock: Me when I get a 1st place medal. (Conant Invitational was funny)
GENEROUS DONOR TO SCHOOLS AWARD: Lost my favorite ruler at Conant.
PHLOGISTON ACHIEVEMENT: Almost burned down my hovercraft when I caused short circuit thanks to bootleg wiring on my part. :roll:
POPULARITY AWARD: Our school goes to 8 invitationals.
STOCK MARKET CRASH ACHIEVEMENT: Our school when 5 people chose Prom over State...
REVENGE ACHIEVEMENT: Hinsdale Central at regionals.We beat them by 3 points. :lol:
ACCESS DENIED ACHIEVEMENT: I forget which one...

Some of my own that I thought up of...
ENEMY SPY ACHIEVEMENT: Give notes/designs to an enemy team.
STOCK MARKET CRASH ACHIEVEMENT: Get first at regionals and then tank at State.
MIRACLE WORKER ACHIEVEMENT:Place bottom half at regionals and then get top 5 at state.
ACCESS DENIED ACHIEVEMENT: Have your team beat out all other teams by massive point margins.
ACCESS GRANTED ACHIEVEMENT: Have your team win first by only 5 points or less.
REVENGE ACHIEVEMENT: Have your team beat a team you previously lost to.
FULL HOUSE ACHIEVEMENT: Get the exact same place in all your events at a competition.
PLAYER DOWN ACHIEVEMENT: Sustain an injury at a competition.
BIOHAZARD ACHIEVEMENT: Compete even while fighting an illness.
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
linzhiyan
State: MO

Post by linzhiyan »

CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT: Start studying for an event 24 hours before competition- Literally every first competition each season

SPEEDWRITE ACHIEVEMENT: Finish half of your test or more in the last 15 minutes- Every dynamic planet test. I never know how much time I have left so I end up taking my time on the first half and then freak out when they say that I only have 15 minutes left...

EULER ACHIEVEMENT: Take a calculation-based test without a calculator- It wasn't actually calculator based, but the rule sheet said that we could bring in a calculator. Every version of the Dynamic Planet test I've taken before state didn't require the use of a calculator, so at state, I decided to not bring in a calculator, but I ended up needing it. :cry:

NEWTON-LEIBNIZ ACHIEVEMENT: The equation (or information) is not on your cheat sheet, so you derive it (or reason it out) during the test- Dynamic planet during regional... UGH :cry:

MULTIPLE GUESS ACHIEVEMENT: Completely guess an answer for a multiple choice/matching question and be right- Pembroke Hills invitationals...

BS ACHIEVEMENT: Make up your own theory to a Short Essay question and get full points for the question- Literally every dynamic planet test, although I don't think I've ever gotten full points before

HOST ACHIEVEMENT: Win an event with a completely useless partner- Smithton Invitationals in fast facts. My partner didn't even know he was doing the event until 2 days before and he's never done the event before. I basically did the entire test by myself and ended up winning first :D :D

STUDY EVENT PARASITISM ACHIEVEMENT: Use a binder/notes/cheat sheet made by a previous team member instead of your own- Pembroke hills invitationals dynamic planet. One of my friends did this event last year, so I just used his cheat sheet without even looking over it beforehand. Turns out, there was a LOT of stuff missing from it...

UNCONTESTED ACHIEVEMENT: Beat the 2nd place team by a ridiculous margin- Roller coaster at regional. I think my roller coaster was the only one that actually qualified...

UN-STREET SMART ACHIEVEMENT: Get lost on the way to competition/at competition site when trying to find your rooms- Every single competition. It doesn't matter how many times I've been there. There's a reason why I do

EDIT: I just remembered, MEGA-CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT: Start studying for an event the day of competition. I found out that I was doing Write it Do it at one of the invitationals two days before the competition and instead of studying for it, I was too busy studying for fast facts because I knew I had a useless partner for that. I didn't even read the rules for Write it Do it until about 30 minutes before I had to take the test... My partner and I could've won, except instead of writing toothpick, I wrote really small popsicle stick and that caused us to get 6th :cry: :cry: Everything else was correct...
Last edited by linzhiyan on May 19th, 2018, 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
重要事情说三次
yxu08
Division: B
State: MO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by yxu08 »

linzhiyan wrote:UNCONTESTED ACHIEVEMENT: Beat the 2nd place team by a ridiculous margin
Also, last year our school beat Pembroke Hill by 1 point in states, qualifying for nats :D
megrimlockawesom
State: NC

Post by megrimlockawesom »

02 since i pretty much only have one partner
Ok this is epic 8-)
Events 2018: Battery Buggy (3rd at Nats), Rollercoaster (18th at Nats), Ping Pong (1st at states)
Events 2019: Codebusters, Ping Pong Parachute (2nd at Regionals OVERALL), Thermodynamics
Events 2020: Sounds of Music, Designer Genes, Ping Pong Parachute
megrimlockawesom

I was so close to a sweep at regionals, but i screwed up in BB
Ok this is epic 8-)
Events 2018: Battery Buggy (3rd at Nats), Rollercoaster (18th at Nats), Ping Pong (1st at states)
Events 2019: Codebusters, Ping Pong Parachute (2nd at Regionals OVERALL), Thermodynamics
megrimlockawesom

megrimlockawesom wrote:I was so close to a sweep at regionals, but i screwed up in BB
actually on 2nd thought nvm
Ok this is epic 8-)
megrimlockawesom

anti aesthetics in RC because i personally thought it looked ugly, but it worked during Cornell. nowadays it looks a but better
Ok this is epic 8-)
qlf9
State: VA
Been thanked: 0

Post by qlf9 »

I have a few I can think of lol
Beat the Curve: Road Scholar Regionals 2014 (4th), Green Generation Regionals 2015 (1st)
Uncontested: Meteorology States 2016 (1st), I heard my partner and I got ~30 points more than the 2nd place team.
'Murica: States 2016 (Reach for the Stars 3rd, Crave the Wave 2nd, Meteorology 1st)
Also, someone on my team this year would have gotten the Rage acheivement... she placed 1st in Astronomy, but the graders ranked the teams in reverse order and ended up giving the 1st place medal to the last place team -_-
TJHSST SciOly 2016-20
2019-20:
CMU/Regionals
Designer Genes 4/?
Fossils: 3/?
Water Quality 5/?

Return to “General Chat”