Scrambler B

croman74
Division: C
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scrambler B

Post by croman74 »

Congrats on the medal. Hopefully you get to nats next year.
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." -Lyndon B. Johnson
i brk a lot of eggs
Division: B

Post by i brk a lot of eggs »

At the one I won ig ot a score of like 19 or 20. At regoinals i got third with like 20-30 cm away fro centerpoint. Our regional scrambler was run badly, I hads to ask about a centerpoint on the wall, ther was none and for the first few people they just eyeballed the center, THEN THEY DIDN'T ENFORCE THE SAFETY GOGGLE RULE!!!!!!!!!!! Our time started when we didn't even have the weight. I didn't get my score they don't give them to us at regionals. :mrgreen:
2009 State Results: 2010 State Results:
Disease Detective:7th Battery Buggy 2nd
Robo Cross: 6th Shock Value 2nd
Trajectory: 8th Wright Stuff 4 or 5
Scrambler: 16th Trajectory Nooo
Pleiades
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: AL

Post by Pleiades »

My team got 5th place. I believe we were 81cm from the wall. We were only 1 or 2 cm away from the wall but 80cm from the center of the wall. I dont know the exact score because i was in another event.
croman74

Post by croman74 »

I got 15th place, but I was 2nd tiered. The egg must be 2cm in front of the car, and ours was 1.9cm in front of the car. They didn't let me change it.
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." -Lyndon B. Johnson
Fuzzy Mint
State: WA

Post by Fuzzy Mint »

wow, they didn't let you change it? thats kinda mean, but i guess it is a competition.
so let me get this straight, there does not need to be a backstop? or is it just that the egg doesn't have to be touching the backstop?
*sigh* our team usually gets 4th at state, so we never get to go to nationals. but i hope we'll do better this year. does nationals all take place on 1 day or several?
croman74

Post by croman74 »

They didn't let me change it cause it was in ready-to-launch position. On the second run they let me change it, but since I had to retape it, the egg fell backwards onto the vehicle and just barely broke.
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
bob3443

Post by bob3443 »

Fuzzy Mint wrote:wow, they didn't let you change it? thats kinda mean, but i guess it is a competition.
so let me get this straight, there does not need to be a backstop? or is it just that the egg doesn't have to be touching the backstop?
*sigh* our team usually gets 4th at state, so we never get to go to nationals. but i hope we'll do better this year. does nationals all take place on 1 day or several?
you don't need a backstop, i don't think you can have a backstop with the egg touching
but you do NEED an egg mount
fmtiger124
State: NY

Post by fmtiger124 »

i brk a lot of eggs wrote:At the one I won ig ot a score of like 19 or 20. At regoinals i got third with like 20-30 cm away fro centerpoint. Our regional scrambler was run badly, I hads to ask about a centerpoint on the wall, ther was none and for the first few people they just eyeballed the center, THEN THEY DIDN'T ENFORCE THE SAFETY GOGGLE RULE!!!!!!!!!!! Our time started when we didn't even have the weight. I didn't get my score they don't give them to us at regionals. :mrgreen:
at 2008 states, we got hit with a building violation for something that the regional judges said was fine--what the heck
fmtiger124
State: NY

Re: Scrambler

Post by fmtiger124 »

Untrained_Doctor1 wrote:Hey guys, ive gota bit of a prob
my car is going straight and pretty fast and is a real good car
the only problem is that when it breaks it skids BAD
like the car will go to the stop and then move
any suggestions on a fix or whats going on
i use a wingnut break and one note that may be important is that the front is kinda a bit more heavy then the back....
your car is probobly too light then-we have a similar problem but the car just turns slighlty when the brake activates
Panther1212
Division: B

Post by Panther1212 »

I just want to say for everyone;s benefit: we were stopping within 3 cm in the hall at school where we were doing our tests, but at regionals the floor the run was on was a rubbery gym floor, and our wheels got more traction, so our brake never engaged :cry: . for states, we're testing on all kinds of floor surfaces like the tile hallway, a wood gym floor, a rubber gym floor, and bare cement. this year hopefully we'll get 1st instead of 2nd at states :D .

Return to “2009 Build Events”