Scioly Summer Study Session 2018

JionPark
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scioly Summer Study Session 2018

Post by JionPark »

Where is everyone? I thought a lot of people were excited for SSSS. drcubbin and syo_astro are the only users I see in the SSSS :?:
Name
State: NY
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Name »

JionPark wrote:Where is everyone? I thought a lot of people were excited for SSSS. drcubbin and syo_astro are the only users I see in the SSSS :?:
I personally don't have much time right now to do SSSS with finals coming up and other school related things. I will do SSSS when I get some more free time
South Woods MS, Syosset HS '21
BirdSO TD/ES
Past Events: Microbe, Invasive, Matsci, Fermi, Astro, Code, Fossils
1st place MIT Codebusters 2019-2020
1st place NYS Fermi Questions (2019), Astronomy and Codebusters (2021)
Science Olympiad Founder's Scholarship winner
linzhiyan
State: MO

Post by linzhiyan »

Where can we find the rules to events? Also, how many things can we submit? For example, can we submit both a test and notes for one event? What about submitting things for more than one event?
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
重要事情说三次
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

linzhiyan wrote:Where can we find the rules to events?
Specify some events and I can direct you to the relevant information.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
linzhiyan

Post by linzhiyan »

I don't know which one I'm going to do yet, but I'm looking at codebusters, sounds of music, fermi questions, anatomy and physiology, and forensics.
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
重要事情说三次
EmilyLouie7
Division: B
State: NY

Post by EmilyLouie7 »

Unome wrote:
linzhiyan wrote:Where can we find the rules to events?
Specify some events and I can direct you to the relevant information.
Well, there is the science olympiad manual for this year and some previous events, like fossils or heredity, should be on the SciOly wiki if that's what you are looking for. Hope this helps!
Bay Academy Science Olympiad. Did A and P, Disease Detectives, and Fast Facts. :)
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

linzhiyan wrote:I don't know which one I'm going to do yet, but I'm looking at codebusters, sounds of music, fermi questions, anatomy and physiology, and forensics.
Fermi Questions and Forensics - use the most recent (2018) rules. Past rules aren't posted online, although you can probably get them from older teammates, coaches, etc.

Anatomy and Physiology - expected systems are Cardiovascular (most recently in rotation during 2015), Excretory (most recently in rotation during 2013 in Div C), and Lymphatic (not in rotation in at least 10 years). I would recommend referencing the relevant sections of those rules if you have them.

Sounds of Music - most recent rules are 2014 Div B, though since significant changes are expected (based on past comments by chalker) I would recommend not focusing too much on details in scoring.

Code Busters - use these trial rules.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
linzhiyan

Post by linzhiyan »

Unome wrote:
linzhiyan wrote:I don't know which one I'm going to do yet, but I'm looking at codebusters, sounds of music, fermi questions, anatomy and physiology, and forensics.
Fermi Questions and Forensics - use the most recent (2018) rules. Past rules aren't posted online, although you can probably get them from older teammates, coaches, etc.

Anatomy and Physiology - expected systems are Cardiovascular (most recently in rotation during 2015), Excretory (most recently in rotation during 2013 in Div C), and Lymphatic (not in rotation in at least 10 years). I would recommend referencing the relevant sections of those rules if you have them.

Sounds of Music - most recent rules are 2014 Div B, though since significant changes are expected (based on past comments by chalker) I would recommend not focusing too much on details in scoring.

Thank you so much!
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
重要事情说三次
JionPark

Post by JionPark »

linzhiyan wrote:
Unome wrote:

Thank you so much!
Woah this is useful. Getting the code busters rules right away. :)
Does anyone have the rules for Water Quality? I would really appreciate it.
darthvader1521

Post by darthvader1521 »

We can submit whenever we want during the summer, correct? I just want to make sure that there isn't a deadline because I want to wait until school is out before making my test.

Return to “SSSS & SEC”