SciOly Assassination 122: The Most Magical Place On Earth (Not)

hippo9
Division: C
State: IN

Re: SciOly Assassination 122: The Most Magical Place On Earth (Not)

Post by hippo9 »

linzhiyan wrote: EDIT1: This is to avoid double posting (I seem to be doing this a lot nowadays don't I?) Anyways, is Things2do a female? I think I remember reading something about that on the forums... Anyways, in one of the threads (I forget which one) someone asked if the Assassination games can be the question marathon thread for Codebusters. Things2do replied saying "turns it into a ruined wish thread". The next clue that came out was written in 2 different codes. Yesterday, Things2do also said that she? wanted to do Codebuster as one of her? events next year. Also, she? got first in meteorology in 2015. In conclusion, I'm starting to suspect Things2do.
Ok, so this was on YDRC, syo_astro was the one who suggested that assassination games be turned into the codebusters question marathon, and it was ME who replied with the ruined wish thread comment. Also, I'm not a girl sooooo…, and neither is Things2do if I remember correctly.
EDIT: Also, I protect myself because I'll be gone most of the weekend.
2018: Battery Buggy, Road Scholar, Roller Coaster
2019: Chem Lab, Code, Disease, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds
2020 and 2021: Astro, Chem Lab, Code, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds

When you miss nats twice by a combined two points :|
linzhiyan
State: MO

Post by linzhiyan »

hippo9 wrote:
linzhiyan wrote: EDIT1: This is to avoid double posting (I seem to be doing this a lot nowadays don't I?) Anyways, is Things2do a female? I think I remember reading something about that on the forums... Anyways, in one of the threads (I forget which one) someone asked if the Assassination games can be the question marathon thread for Codebusters. Things2do replied saying "turns it into a ruined wish thread". The next clue that came out was written in 2 different codes. Yesterday, Things2do also said that she? wanted to do Codebuster as one of her? events next year. Also, she? got first in meteorology in 2015. In conclusion, I'm starting to suspect Things2do.
Ok, so this was on YDRC, syo_astro was the one who suggested that assassination games be turned into the codebusters question marathon, and it was ME who replied with the ruined wish thread comment. Also, I'm not a girl sooooo…, and neither is Things2do if I remember correctly.
Oh, oops, sorry...
Edit1: Sorry Things2do and hippo9...
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
重要事情说三次
Things2do
Division: Grad
State: TN
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Things2do »

hippo9 wrote:
Right, I'm a guy. Although there's something about my hair being to the bottom of my shoulders until I got a haircut. Now it's to the top of my shoulders.

Here's the clue for reference
John 5:46-47
Eagle Scout
Colorado School of Mines

"[A] new project car is always a good idea. [Y]ou always need a new project car[.]" - jaspattack

Let's go, Brandon!
See Wiki
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by syo_astro »

Ignoring previous posts...Hm. The buzzfeed article is another ID clue as it starts with Mulan again. I can't figure out what the ID clue means, though...I'll try to take another look. As for the clue...surprised I'm not called soy;P. On that note, West may refer to East as a joke (most likely with the IRC context).

Now, there are sort of "three" clues going on:
-The two medals either refers to the scioly.org medals thread (viewtopic.php?f=24&p=354600#p354600 or that there are *two* targets (or some conversation / thread I'm unaware of). I am mentioned there...so maybe protect me or one of the users there? Unless the medal refers to something else...
-Next, there is the book, which is known as a "Caldecott Medal Book". Other notable facts are that it's published by Putnam Books, possibly referring to the competition that I know cat (and other people who like math) has mentioned (I can't find much relevance in the author/story). The medal seems to be most relevant based on the previous lines mentioning medals. Various children's stories have gotten it, like Where the Wild Things Are, Flotsam, Kitten's First Full Moon (d'awww). I'm not sure what the connection is, but someone should search posts.
-Lastly, there is the "swivel chairs vs. rolling chairs"...a topic I admittedly had not pondered. Swivel chairs have been brought up by knottingpurple (viewtopic.php?f=268&t=10929&p=331010&hi ... ir#p331010) and Jaol (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2574&p=279027&hili ... ir#p279027), and rolling chairs by samlan (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2574&p=279638&hili ... rs#p279638)...but neither seem to relate to anything. At most, samlan is brought up in both contexts, so maybe that's the best protect?

Therefore, I protect samlan16...because of chairs.
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
linzhiyan

Post by linzhiyan »

Things2do wrote:
hippo9 wrote:
Right, I'm a guy. Although there's something about my hair being to the bottom of my shoulders until I got a haircut. Now it's to the top of my shoulders.

Here's the clue for reference
Ok, I know that I've already apologized before, but I can't get over it. Things2do, I'm sorry for falsely, wrongly, and unreasonably accusing you, wrongly assuming your gender, and putting wrong evidence on you. Hippo9, I'm sorry for forgetting who actually said that thing and wrongly accusing someone else for it and putting that in as evidence. To everyone, I'm sorry for spamming this thread with unreasonable evidence of suspects. All of this was unreasonable (and probably spam, again) and I really am sorry.
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
重要事情说三次
allopathie
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by allopathie »

Could it be referring to this thread? viewtopic.php?f=23&t=43
gneissisnice was the first one to reply that she/he had gotten two at nats.
Harriton '18, Penn '22.
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

*insert fancy story here* NeilMehta has died.

Before we start, here’s some inspiration:
“We all have big changes in our lives that are more or less a second chance.”

radioactivated, OrigamiPlanet, yxu08, Galahad, Benewcomb, IvanGe, and venules went walking around Animal Kingdom at Disney. They enjoyed seeing the animals for TWO hours before heading back and going to Magic Kingdom.
Suddenly…
venules tripped.
“Are you okay?” IvanGe asked.
“I’m fine, just forgot to tie my shoe!” replied venules.

48 hours.
(Hopefully, this clue isn't as terrible)
mogus
dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by dxu46 »

Assassinator wrote:*insert fancy story here* NeilMehta has died.

Before we start, here’s some inspiration:
“We all have big changes in our lives that are more or less a second chance.”

radioactivated, OrigamiPlanet, yxu08, Galahad, Benewcomb, IvanGe, and venules went walking around Animal Kingdom at Disney. They enjoyed seeing the animals for TWO hours before heading back and going to Magic Kingdom.
Suddenly…
venules tripped.
“Are you okay?” IvanGe asked.
“I’m fine, just forgot to tie my shoe!” replied venules.

48 hours.
(Hopefully, this clue isn't as terrible)
The first letters of the people spell ROYGBIV. Optics anyone?
Things2do
State: TN

Post by Things2do »

dxu46 wrote: The first letters of the people spell ROYGBIV. Optics anyone?
I did it. But then again, so did a lot of people...
John 5:46-47
Eagle Scout
Colorado School of Mines

"[A] new project car is always a good idea. [Y]ou always need a new project car[.]" - jaspattack

Let's go, Brandon!
See Wiki
linzhiyan

Post by linzhiyan »

Two is in all caps, double target?
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
重要事情说三次

Return to “Assassinator Games”