syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: NY

Re: Astronomy C

Post by syo_astro »

Unome wrote:
PM2017 wrote:In regards to the conversation above, I've seen teams bring things like clipbaords, or desk extensions to place all their items. My partner was telling me she even saw one of these at state.

I'm not sure about the legality of these items, so since we are on this topic we might as well discuss these as well.
I would say it's up to the event supervisor. Personally, I would not allow either of those. My limits on things outside of the rules basically comes down to pencils (and lead), erasers, and pencil sharpeners.
Agreed...I don't know how the rules could allow that or why you'd even want to sift through that much on the spot o.o. But...again, rules clarif / FAQ if one really finds it necessary?

I also agree that ESs react differently. I feel like most will try to spot issues right away and just take away any sketchy materials, but some are...notoriously less lenient (especially as the session goes on) to keep consistency.
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
Neruos73
Division: C
State: VA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Neruos73 »

Does Astronomy math require any calculus?
Division B:
Disease Detectives, Microbe Mission,  and WIDI
Disease Detectives, Experimental Design, Fast Facts, and Roller Coaster
Division C:
Anatomy and Physiology, Astronomy, and Disease Detectives
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

Neruos73 wrote:Does Astronomy math require any calculus?
It should not, although in some places calculus may be helpful for a better conceptual understanding.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

Return to “2018 Study Events”