Scioly Summer Study Session 2018

Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: Scioly Summer Study Session 2018

Post by Unome »

platypusomelette wrote:Hey yea me too. I sent 2 emails but haven't gotten any reply

Oh wait, it's showing up in my spam. Guys check your spam folder
sciencerules1234 wrote:Mods, sorry for the extra bugging... I was wondering if you guys have received my Potions and Poisons Test for the SSSS. My email is pretty flaky and doesn’t send sometimes, and I hope this isn’t one of those “times”. Thanks!
I can confirm that all 3 of your emails have been received and forwarded to the mods correctly. Both were recent, so I wouldn't worry too much unless you don't see something after 6 or 7 days.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
darthvader1521
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by darthvader1521 »

Hey, does anyone know when the tests and stuff here will be released to the general public? It says mid-August, but I was wondering if there was a more exact date.
foreverphysics
State: AL

Post by foreverphysics »

The official last date for submissions and resubmissions is August 21st, 2018.

All submissions will be processed by August 31st, 2018. Notes and tests will be uploaded throughout the first couple weeks of September.

Looking forward to all of your submissions!
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"
drypotion
State: LA

Post by drypotion »

How many submissions of tests
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: RI

Post by MadCow2357 »

So, I'm going to be submitting a Battery Buggy guide for SSSS :) . However, I had originally planned to make some major updates to the Battery Buggy wiki. Thus, my guide is more wiki-like than guide-like, if that makes sense. I'm wondering if I could still gain access to SSSS materials if I uploaded the sections of my guide directly onto the Battery Buggy wiki page to the supplement outdated and insufficiently detailed sections of the wiki. I would prefer to do this rather than submit a "guide", and have it be uploaded onto a separate wiki page. Obviously I would still have the SSSS mods evaluate my content, so I don't accidentally put a bunch of nonsense on the wiki.

If I get the chance I will also submit building instructions for my 2017 buggies and a "guide-guide", but I've been really busy.
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by syo_astro »

MadCow2357 wrote:...I'm wondering if I could still gain access to SSSS materials if I uploaded the sections of my guide directly onto the Battery Buggy wiki page to the supplement outdated and insufficiently detailed sections of the wiki...
Thank you very much for both participating in SSSS and wiki editing! If I'm interpreting your question right, is it just "can I submit to SSSS and edit the wiki with the submission?" If I read right, then the answer is absolutely. Just be sure to please submit as a pdf to make emailing the file / feedback significantly easier (that, and directly editing the wiki doesn't equal us receiving it, so it's easier to take note of).
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by MadCow2357 »

syo_astro wrote:
MadCow2357 wrote:...I'm wondering if I could still gain access to SSSS materials if I uploaded the sections of my guide directly onto the Battery Buggy wiki page to the supplement outdated and insufficiently detailed sections of the wiki...
Thank you very much for both participating in SSSS and wiki editing! If I'm interpreting your question right, is it just "can I submit to SSSS and edit the wiki with the submission?" If I read right, then the answer is absolutely. Just be sure to please submit as a pdf to make emailing the file / feedback significantly easier (that, and directly editing the wiki doesn't equal us receiving it, so it's easier to take note of).
Thanks, I will definitely get working on it then! By the way, I know you need the submission in pdf form, but I don't know if google docs has that ability. Would it be okay to submit my guide by adding the link in the email (google docs has a link sharing feature)?
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
hippo9
State: IN

Post by hippo9 »

MadCow2357 wrote: By the way, I know you need the submission in pdf form, but I don't know if google docs has that ability.
Sorry not my business, but google docs does allow you to export to a pdf file.
2018: Battery Buggy, Road Scholar, Roller Coaster
2019: Chem Lab, Code, Disease, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds
2020 and 2021: Astro, Chem Lab, Code, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds

When you miss nats twice by a combined two points :|
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by MadCow2357 »

hippo9 wrote:
MadCow2357 wrote: By the way, I know you need the submission in pdf form, but I don't know if google docs has that ability.
Sorry not my business, but google docs does allow you to export to a pdf file.
Oh thx hippo9 I'll do that then. Though I still don't really get why a pdf is easier :? .
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
venules
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NC
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by venules »

MadCow2357 wrote: Oh thx hippo9 I'll do that then. Though I still don't really get why a pdf is easier :? .
A PDF is compatible with all operating systems, rather than, say, a doc/docx file which works best on Windows.
NCSO Alumna, '13-19 | Duke University '23

Return to “SSSS & SEC”