Illinois 2014

dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: MO

Re: Illinois 2014

Postby dxu46 » September 3rd, 2018, 11:33 am

Hasn't states already happened? Or are you talking about nats? If so, I predict that SAA will be the victim of a WQ misgrade and lose the duPont award. I know, call me crazy, but I have a feeling about this one.
I thought insiders would generally be bit more realistic with knowing where their own teams lie in the grand scheme of things, ik for sure Unome doesn't predict Chattahoochee to win nationals every year, and last season, I certainly felt that even though Carmel was showing some pretty strong performances at their competitions, I didn't for certain feel I could predict them to win, or who at all would win Indiana State for that matter (many people apparently had no doubt that Munster would win and they got 3rd) since Munster and Carmel hadn't competed in any of the same competitions at all until then, hence me not genuinely knowing where they stood in relation to each other although I knew that they both showed pretty strong track records at each of their respective tournaments. Those are just examples, I may seem pessimistic in comparison and you may seem optimistic in comparison, it's kinda hard to get a read on who's the most realistic and honestly, that's not easy to judge anyways.
Please. Our team would get trashed by Troy, Mason, and company. My comments were directed on ISO state. :D Based on logistics I feel that after Palatine my theory may be confirmed.
Wait, Mason hasn't made nats yet, you're predicting them for 2015? Makes sense, I think Solon won't make nats so Mason will go. Of course, it could be some other OH team too...

Anomaly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: PA

Postby Anomaly » September 3rd, 2018, 12:31 pm

I thought insiders would generally be bit more realistic with knowing where their own teams lie in the grand scheme of things, ik for sure Unome doesn't predict Chattahoochee to win nationals every year, and last season, I certainly felt that even though Carmel was showing some pretty strong performances at their competitions, I didn't for certain feel I could predict them to win, or who at all would win Indiana State for that matter (many people apparently had no doubt that Munster would win and they got 3rd) since Munster and Carmel hadn't competed in any of the same competitions at all until then, hence me not genuinely knowing where they stood in relation to each other although I knew that they both showed pretty strong track records at each of their respective tournaments. Those are just examples, I may seem pessimistic in comparison and you may seem optimistic in comparison, it's kinda hard to get a read on who's the most realistic and honestly, that's not easy to judge anyways.
Please. Our team would get trashed by Troy, Mason, and company. My comments were directed on ISO state. :D Based on logistics I feel that after Palatine my theory may be confirmed.
Wait, Mason hasn't made nats yet, you're predicting them for 2015? Makes sense, I think Solon won't make nats so Mason will go. Of course, it could be some other OH team too...
Once again people, this is the Illinois state thread smh
Orefield MS SO 2015-2018, Parkland HS SO 2019-2020
Medal/Ribbon Count
Invitational: 25
Regional: 16
State: 7
y o i n k s

Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Postby Unome » September 3rd, 2018, 1:24 pm

I suppose I should make the bold prediction that J.C. Booth will unexpectedly not have a team next year.
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

Anomaly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby Anomaly » September 3rd, 2018, 1:50 pm

I suppose I should make the bold prediction that J.C. Booth will unexpectedly not have a team next year.
Nonsense. Once nats going teams don't just *die* like that.
Medal/Ribbon Count
y o i n k s

kate!
State: NY

Postby kate! » September 3rd, 2018, 2:54 pm

Nonsense. Once nats going teams don't just *die* like that.
I think my prediction about Muscatel would surprise you.
Last year I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems, yay!
Now I know stuff about amphibians, reptiles, water, and more experiments, yay again!
I'm planning to learn stuff about oceanography, fossils, and more water, yay for the third time!

Anomaly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby Anomaly » September 3rd, 2018, 2:55 pm

But we're talking about Illinois here, not SoCal
Medal/Ribbon Count
y o i n k s

kate!
State: NY

Postby kate! » September 3rd, 2018, 2:57 pm

Fine... I'll just say that I think New Trier is going to reclaim their state championship title next year.
Last year I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems, yay!
Now I know stuff about amphibians, reptiles, water, and more experiments, yay again!
I'm planning to learn stuff about oceanography, fossils, and more water, yay for the third time!

Anomaly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby Anomaly » September 3rd, 2018, 3:00 pm

Fine... I'll just say that I think New Trier is going to reclaim their state championship title next year.
there we go
Medal/Ribbon Count
y o i n k s

TheChiScientist
Division: Grad
State: IL

Postby TheChiScientist » September 3rd, 2018, 3:28 pm

Did someone say Illinois! Oh, wait this is the Illinois forum... :lol: :D
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019
Medal Count:30 8-)
School:Crystal Lake Central High School Wiki
Assassinator #119 and Co-Conspirator in #120
President of The Builder Cult. Builders rise up!

pb5754[]
State: NJ

Postby pb5754[] » September 3rd, 2018, 3:44 pm

nvm

Return to “2018 Regionals & States”