Herpetology B/C

Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: Herpetology B/C

Post by Unome »

longshot0921 wrote:In the list below the rules it lists the genus Charina – rubber boa and rosy boa
Rosy boa is not under the genus of Charina.
It's possible that it was in that genus in the past (I don't know for certain, but I think it's very likely).
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: PA

Re: Error in the national herpetology list.

Post by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F »

longshot0921 wrote:In the list below the rules it lists the genus Charina – rubber boa and rosy boa
Taxonomy has lots of synonyms and is very fluid
Froggie
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Re: Error in the national herpetology list.

Post by Froggie »

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F wrote:
Taxonomy has lots of synonyms and is very fluid
Sometimes the taxonomy can change, so the list can have different taxonomy stuff from some websites.
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie
Kyanite
Division: Grad
State: WA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Kyanite »

Even if it may be wrong go off of the list they provide, its the same list the test writers will model their test's around.
longshot0921

Post by longshot0921 »

Since I don't have a printer friendly version of my field guide, can I just tape a piece of paper to it with three holes to attach to the 2-inch binder?
Anomaly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by Anomaly »

longshot0921 wrote:Since I don't have a printer friendly version of my field guide, can I just tape a piece of paper to it with three holes to attach to the 2-inch binder?
I probably wouldn't put a field guide in a binder, as that will probably use up most of the binder space that you have in there.
Orefield MS SO 2015-2018, Parkland HS SO 2019-2020
Medal/Ribbon Count
Invitational: 25
Regional: 16
State: 7
y o i n k s
Events: Anatomy and Physiology, Codebusters, Designer Genes, Protein Modeling
don't look at this its fake news now
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F »

Anomaly wrote:
longshot0921 wrote:Since I don't have a printer friendly version of my field guide, can I just tape a piece of paper to it with three holes to attach to the 2-inch binder?
I probably wouldn't put a field guide in a binder, as that will probably use up most of the binder space that you have in there.
You could always copy the relevant material onto your computer – that both helps you use space efficiently and helps you remember the general gist of things (although whether that's an efficient use of your time is debatable). Another option is scanning the pages.
jlordhe
State: CA

Post by jlordhe »

Can I use the factsheets I made last year?
Events I Might Do and Want to Do: Fossils, Wright Stuff, Herpetology, Water Quality, Boomilever
kate!
State: NY

Post by kate! »

jlordhe wrote:Can I use the factsheets I made last year?
First of all, this is unrelated but I thought you were Unome because of your profile picture.
Second of all, you absolutely can, but you may want to consider making some adjustments because a few genera were added and removed.
Also, if your binder is larger than 2 inches, you have to accommodate the new rule.
8th grade: I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems!
9th grade: I knew stuff about amphibians, reptiles, freshwater, and experiments!
10th grade: I knew stuff about oceanography, saltwater, birds, and fossils!
11th grade: I knew stuff about birds and fossils!
M017
Division: B
State: NE

Post by M017 »

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
You could always copy the relevant material onto your computer – that both helps you use space efficiently and helps you remember the general gist of things (although whether that's an efficient use of your time is debatable). Another option is scanning the pages.
This is exactly what I did last year. I just paraphrased what information it had.

Return to “2019 Study Events”