Pennsylvania 2019

waffletree
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Pennsylvania 2019

Post by waffletree »

GoldenKnight1 wrote:I like this change as it will help to balance out the regions but it has some deeper implications for SE and CE. It is not just Bucks County schools that will see a change but also Montgomery County Schools
Excerpt from letter:
In order to alleviate the situation, it has been decided to assign the Bucks County schools to the Central East Tournament at Kutztown University and to assign the Montgomery County schools that went to Kutztown University in years past back to the Southeast Tournament at Neumann University.
Thus teams like Perkiomen Valley and Upper Merion will be returning to the SE region. Unclear about Boyertown since they are both in Montgomery and Berks counties.

Depending on how the numbers work out I would think it likely to see CE C-div gain a spot to States and SE losing one. Thus for SE C-div it will likely become even harder for a new team to get one of those 7 state spots with the return of Perkiomen Valley which ranked 7th in the State last year and over the last 9 years has average 9th in the State. It seems the safe bet to predict that Harriton, LM, Rustin, Stoga, Penncrest, and PV will qualify from the SE region leaving one more spot.
Where did you get that 'excerpt from letter' from? is it on pascioly or something?
builder cult vp // #treegang
Anomaly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by Anomaly »

waffletree wrote:
GoldenKnight1 wrote:I like this change as it will help to balance out the regions but it has some deeper implications for SE and CE. It is not just Bucks County schools that will see a change but also Montgomery County Schools
Excerpt from letter:
In order to alleviate the situation, it has been decided to assign the Bucks County schools to the Central East Tournament at Kutztown University and to assign the Montgomery County schools that went to Kutztown University in years past back to the Southeast Tournament at Neumann University.
Thus teams like Perkiomen Valley and Upper Merion will be returning to the SE region. Unclear about Boyertown since they are both in Montgomery and Berks counties.

Depending on how the numbers work out I would think it likely to see CE C-div gain a spot to States and SE losing one. Thus for SE C-div it will likely become even harder for a new team to get one of those 7 state spots with the return of Perkiomen Valley which ranked 7th in the State last year and over the last 9 years has average 9th in the State. It seems the safe bet to predict that Harriton, LM, Rustin, Stoga, Penncrest, and PV will qualify from the SE region leaving one more spot.
Where did you get that 'excerpt from letter' from? is it on pascioly or something?
No, I think they sent it out to coaches.
Orefield MS SO 2015-2018, Parkland HS SO 2019-2020
Medal/Ribbon Count
Invitational: 25
Regional: 16
State: 7
y o i n k s
Events: Anatomy and Physiology, Codebusters, Designer Genes, Protein Modeling
don't look at this its fake news now
waffletree

Post by waffletree »

Anomaly wrote:
waffletree wrote:

No, I think they sent it out to coaches.
oh. i don't think our coach bothered to send it to us
although it probably won't it really affect our team too much anyway
builder cult vp // #treegang
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

Yep, it affects C division pretty significantly. Perkiomen Valley is a constant top-10 contender being added to a region that already has several. It's looking like even more of a gauntlet next year, especially if they lose their 8th state slot.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F »

I'm optimistic for Strath Haven HS this year... they might even make it to states ;)
zadvid

Post by zadvid »

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew how to access the previous national-level exams, for example the national exam in 2016, 2015, 2014, etc. Does anyone know how to access these national-level exams? I would like to find national exams that specifically pertain to Anatomy & Physiology.
I know that this chat encompasses Pennsylvania regional and state inquiries, but I was just wondering if anyone here knew anything about where to find the national level exams.

Thanks so much.
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F »

zadvid wrote:Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew how to access the previous national-level exams, for example the national exam in 2016, 2015, 2014, etc. Does anyone know how to access these national-level exams? I would like to find national exams that specifically pertain to Anatomy & Physiology.
I know that this chat encompasses Pennsylvania regional and state inquiries, but I was just wondering if anyone here knew anything about where to find the national level exams.

Thanks so much.
I believe they're available for purchase in the soinc.org store, though the topics for A&P have changed, so I'm not sure what you would want to use them for.
sciolyperson1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ

Post by sciolyperson1 »

zadvid wrote:Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew how to access the previous national-level exams, for example the national exam in 2016, 2015, 2014, etc. Does anyone know how to access these national-level exams? I would like to find national exams that specifically pertain to Anatomy & Physiology.

Thanks so much.
Giving away national level exams isn't allowed, you have to purchase them.
SoCal Planning Team & BirdSO Tournament Director
WW-P HSN '22, Community MS '18
Sciolyperson1's Userpage
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

Southeast and Northeast seem to have snazzy new websites (though the content appears the same).
Cow481 wrote:Everybody view spam the views. We must beat New Jersey.
Yeah, we're not going to do this.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
Cow481
Division: B

Post by Cow481 »

Anyone have way to early predictions?
Medals
Invitationals: 9
Regionals: 5
States: 1
Nationals: 1

National Medals
2018: 5th in Towers
2019: Could have gotten top 3 in Boomilevers and Gliders if my team made it :cry:

Return to “2019 Regionals & States”