Herpetology B/C

Kyanite
Division: Grad
State: WA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Herpetology B/C

Post by Kyanite »

Also use the wiki but not for the info on there but check the sources at the bottom of the page.
cbrant554
Division: C
State: IN

Post by cbrant554 »

I study sounds so much last year for there to only be one question at nationals for it learning from those mistakes this year.
venusaur711

Post by venusaur711 »

M017 wrote:I managed only a 1 1/2 inch binder last year and I didn’t even fill it all the way, that’s crazy how some people had 6 inch binders :shock:

I used a field guide, and the national list, not a binder. I won third place at state.
heihei

Post by heihei »

Hey! So I'm new to this whole forum thing, but I just wanted to say that the materials you can bring for Herpetology changed from last year. I didn't realize it until I read the materials list, so for anyone who also hasn't read through the paper yet, you can't bring a book anymore like last year. All information has to be in a three ring binder that can be up to two inches thick.
venusaur711

Post by venusaur711 »

heihei wrote:Hey! So I'm new to this whole forum thing, but I just wanted to say that the materials you can bring for Herpetology changed from last year. I didn't realize it until I read the materials list, so for anyone who also hasn't read through the paper yet, you can't bring a book anymore like last year. All information has to be in a three ring binder that can be up to two inches thick.
stupid new rules.
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: PA

Post by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F »

venusaur711 wrote:
heihei wrote:Hey! So I'm new to this whole forum thing, but I just wanted to say that the materials you can bring for Herpetology changed from last year. I didn't realize it until I read the materials list, so for anyone who also hasn't read through the paper yet, you can't bring a book anymore like last year. All information has to be in a three ring binder that can be up to two inches thick.
stupid new rules.
Haha I'm surprised you got third with just a field guide—in my state you would've gotten somewhere around 20th with just a field guide :(

Where'd you get a field guide that covered all the specimens anyway?
venusaur711

Post by venusaur711 »

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F wrote:
venusaur711 wrote:
stupid new rules.
Haha I'm surprised you got third with just a field guide—in my state you would've gotten somewhere around 20th with just a field guide :(

It's the Audubon society field guide to north american reptiles & amphibians, it was on amazon.
M017
Division: B
State: NE

Post by M017 »

venusaur711 wrote:
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F wrote:
venusaur711 wrote:
stupid new rules.

It's the Audubon society field guide to north american reptiles & amphibians, it was on amazon.
i used that book for most of my research. It was very descriptive and had great pictures!
waffletree
State: PA

Post by waffletree »

hi, im kinda new to herp, and im trying to do research on the torrent salamanders, and wondered what species i should be referring to; Olympic or Southern?
builder cult vp // #treegang
kate!
State: NY

Post by kate! »

waffletree wrote:hi, im kinda new to herp, and im trying to do research on the torrent salamanders, and wondered what species i should be referring to; Olympic or Southern?
Since we aren't required to identify down to the species, I suggest you include information on both because they make up the family, which is what you do need to identify.
8th grade: I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems!
9th grade: I knew stuff about amphibians, reptiles, freshwater, and experiments!
10th grade: I knew stuff about oceanography, saltwater, birds, and fossils!
11th grade: I knew stuff about birds and fossils!

Return to “2019 Study Events”