Game On B

Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: Game On B

Post by Unome »

mustardsammich wrote:Hey guys. I just have a question. For invitationals, you use scratch online, right? But I read that for State, you use offline scratch. I just need a confirmation on which ones we will be using online or offline scratch.
The individual tournament determines whether online or offline Scratch is used. You should either contact the tournament director or ask your coach to do so.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
JohnSkyChung
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by JohnSkyChung »

For invitationals, they said that we can make any TYPE of game we want as long as it related to the scientific theme so can we make games that are state or national level? If we do will we get penalized or lose points please help me thank you. :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:
John Sky Chung
Carrot
State: OH

Post by Carrot »

JohnSkyChung wrote:For invitationals, they said that we can make any TYPE of game we want as long as it related to the scientific theme so can we make games that are state or national level? If we do will we get penalized or lose points please help me thank you. :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:
John Sky Chung
Yes, you can make games using higher level types as long as it follows the scientific theme. No, you will not get penalized or lose points.
ArTomas13

Post by ArTomas13 »

Is the event offline or online this year?
thundermaster1

Post by thundermaster1 »

ArTomas13 wrote:Is the event offline or online this year?
They should have you do it on the offline editor, but for our invitational, we used the online one just without logging in.
T.E.M.

Post by T.E.M. »

Jacobi wrote:
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F wrote:
jlordhe wrote:Why was this moved to Division B?
Events rotate around all the time. For example, Sounds of Music is in Division C now.

A more interesting question which might start a flame war is "Why was this an event in the first place?" ;)
Because all the computer science people (like me for example) were dying for an event that they could actually do. 8-) :D ;) :!:
there are people that don't do work and now they are freeing up space for the people that actually try to do work in other events bcus they doin game on now :idea:
SonicSpeed
Division: B
State: PA

Post by SonicSpeed »

Will we be using scratch 2.0, or scratch 3.0 in the competitions?
SOnIcSpeed[*][/u][/i][/color]
Grade:6
Orefield MS
Total medals/ribbons-9
Road Scholar- 3
ELG-2
Game On!-3
Heredity-1
Years in SO-2018-2019
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Invitationals: 3 Regionals: 1 States: 1
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: PA

Post by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F »

SonicSpeed wrote:Will we be using scratch 2.0, or scratch 3.0 in the competitions?
Based on what Unome said a page ago, it depends on the tournament. You should ask your coach.
See https://www.soinc.org/game
Incineroar999
Division: B

Post by Incineroar999 »

Hello. I'm a newbie and I have NO IDEA what I'm doing! Please help!! (ARE ANY OF YOU USING KIDOYO?)
LittleMissNyan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by LittleMissNyan »

Incineroar999 wrote:Hello. I'm a newbie and I have NO IDEA what I'm doing! Please help!! (ARE ANY OF YOU USING KIDOYO?)
Do you mean in this event? I have no idea what Kidoyo is and it's definitely not being used in Game On. This event is where you have to make a game with a certain theme in Scratch in a certain amount of time. You can ask people about events on all the different sub-forums, but go read the rules manual first!
Sassies 146 and 160 🥖 🔪
Eagle Scout
bUiLdEr cULt

Return to “2019 Lab Events”