Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
TheChiScientist
Division: Grad
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Scioly Achievement List

Post by TheChiScientist »

I got a new achievement!
Symbiotic Relationship: You can't succeed in your event without your partner and your partner also needs you to succeed.
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
linzhiyan
Division: C
State: MO

Post by linzhiyan »

Symbiotic Relationship: Fast facts last year... my partner and I divided the topics pretty evenly, with some of the main ones overlapping just in case one forgets...
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
重要事情说三次
jimmy-bond
State: OH
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by jimmy-bond »

Symbiotic Relationship: My FF partner hated anything bio, and though it's more weighted, he still needed me for the 2-3 bio topics on every exam.
PCHS, HI '21 | CWRU, OH '25
Code(16), DD(40), FQ(39),4&6(36), WQ(27)
CriB(26), DP (11), FF(1), MM(14), P&P(6)
CriB(36), DD(35), FF(2), MM(20)
Killboe
State: AR
Has thanked: 0

Post by Killboe »

HOST ACHIEVEMENT : Did all 80 questions, he was just sitting their watching me answer all the questions lol.
PARASITE ACHIEVEMENT : Only pressed the button in Battery Buggy
CONSISTENCY ACHIEVEMENT : Disease Detectives
OctoPiGenius
Division: B
Been thanked: 0

Post by OctoPiGenius »

BLIND STAB ACHIEVEMENT: For fast facts, I made up a scientist named "Lady Appleton" for female scientists. Strange thing, she was actually an author or something, and they said that it counted as a female scientist! That was a major victory royale right there.

ANOTHER BLIND STAB ACHIEVEMENT: Some of my teammates were also in fast facts, and for the category "Stars", they wrote in "Death Star". Amazingly, the event supervisor COUNTED IT! That was a pure miracle right there. I don't know how it happened, but that was really cool.
In Astronomy, Ornithology, ExpD, Forensics.

2019 NATS:
1st in ExpD, 1st in Herp, 3rd in Solar System

2018 NATS:
5th in Fast Facts, 2nd in Herp, 1st in Solar System

2017 NATS:
1st in Invasive, 2nd in RFTS

2016 NATS:
1st in Crime

2018 Captain of Solon Division B team
OctoPiGenius

Post by OctoPiGenius »

SWEEP ACHIEVEMENT: Solar System last year. 1st in Regionals, State, and Nationals.
In Astronomy, Ornithology, ExpD, Forensics.

2019 NATS:
1st in ExpD, 1st in Herp, 3rd in Solar System

2018 NATS:
5th in Fast Facts, 2nd in Herp, 1st in Solar System

2017 NATS:
1st in Invasive, 2nd in RFTS

2016 NATS:
1st in Crime

2018 Captain of Solon Division B team
waffletree
Division: C
State: PA

Post by waffletree »

NEWTON-LEIBNIZ ACHIEVEMENT: like half of the questions when I first competed in hovercraft in 6th grade

REVERSE ENGINEERING ACHIEVEMENT: when I messed up my blueprint after it was finished so I built to tower by drawing dots on my desk and lining them up, then remade the blueprint afterwards. haha that was like one of my worst towers

BEAT THE CURVE ACHIEVEMENT: I forget where but there was this competition where the gym for wright stuff was really small, so everyones planes crashed into walls, and my partner and I's plane crashed too but it didn't crash as bad as others did so we got 2nd with like a time of 40sec.

EVENT POLYGON ACHIEVEMENT: States 2017

UN-STREET SMART ACHIEVEMENT: every time at states I spend forever walking around because idk where im going

ANTI-AESTHETICS ACHIEVEMENT: yea my first hovercraft taken to competition in 6th grade was a paper plate taped to a trash bag.

clearly 6th grade me was an idiot
builder cult vp // #treegang
LittleMissNyan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by LittleMissNyan »

SORT OF A CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT: I stayed up until literally midnight 2 days before last competition to make our Battery Buggy because we didn't have one, just a bunch of parts. The next day I speed-tested it on a rocky sloped parking lot and wrote down some random numbers for the practice log in a notebook with less than 10 proper runs and the proctor marked it as complete.

BEAT THE CURVE ACHIEVEMENT: Mystery Architecture. We had to make a bridge with a minimum clearance of 15 cm with 4 big sheets of chipboard and a whole roll of duck tape. We got 4th, but I would still count that as a win.
Sassies 146 and 160 🥖 🔪
Eagle Scout
bUiLdEr cULt
PM2017
State: CA

Post by PM2017 »

LittleMissNyan wrote:SORT OF A CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT: I stayed up until literally midnight 2 days before last competition to make our Battery Buggy because we didn't have one, just a bunch of parts. The next day I speed-tested it on a rocky sloped parking lot and wrote down some random numbers for the practice log in a notebook with less than 10 proper runs and the proctor marked it as complete.

BEAT THE CURVE ACHIEVEMENT: Mystery Architecture. We had to make a bridge with a minimum clearance of 15 cm with 4 big sheets of chipboard and a whole roll of duck tape. We got 4th, but I would still count that as a win.
psshhh only midnight?

The week before our first invite last year I was up until 2 am every night, and up at 6. The night before the comp, I slept at 4:30 a.m., and woke up at 5:00 a.m. to go to the comp. (I somehow medalled in everything except mtv)
West High '19
UC Berkeley '23

Go Bears!
Rivkaaa
State: NY

Post by Rivkaaa »

boomvroomshroom wrote:Have you ever done any of the following?

CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT: Start studying for an event 24 hours before competition
MEGA-CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT: Start studying for an event the day of competition
ULTRA-CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT: Don't start working until the day of Nationals
SPEEDBUILD ACHIEVEMENT: Your engineering device breaks in transit, so you rebuild the whole thing at competition
SPEEDWRITE ACHIEVEMENT: Finish half of your test or more in the last 15 minutes
SPEED REDO ACHIEVEMENT: Accidentally skip a question/station on your answer sheet, so you end up having to redo everything after it
*Bonus points if you medaled; extra bonus points if you got gold!

FLYING SOLO ACHIEVEMENT: Take a test without a cheat sheet or binder
EULER ACHIEVEMENT: Take a calculation-based test without a calculator
ANCIENT EGYPT ACHIEVEMENT: Handwrite your whole cheat sheet…
ANCIENT SUMER ACHIEVEMENT: …on clay tablets
NEWTON-LEIBNIZ ACHIEVEMENT: The equation (or information) is not on your cheat sheet, so you derive it (or reason it out) during the test
GUESTIMATION ACHIEVEMENT: Your engineering device did not require use of a ruler/protractor/standard measurement tool
REVERSE ENGINEERING ACHIEVEMENT: Your blueprint was created after your engineering device was built
*Bonus points if you medaled; extra bonus points if you got gold!

BEAT THE CURVE ACHIEVEMENT: Know that you did horribly in an event, but still medal, probably because no one else knew what they were doing either
MULTIPLE GUESS ACHIEVEMENT: Completely guess an answer for a multiple choice/matching question and be right
BLIND STAB ACHIEVEMENT: Completely make up a number or term to a free-response question and actually be right
BS ACHIEVEMENT: Make up your own theory to a Short Essay question and get full points for the question

O2 ACHIEVEMENT: Win 2 events with the same partner
N2 ACHIEVEMENT: Win 3 events with the same partner
HOST ACHIEVEMENT: Win an event with a completely useless partner
PARASITE ACHIEVEMENT: Win an event as the completely useless partner
STUDY EVENT PARASITISM ACHIEVEMENT: Use a binder/notes/cheat sheet made by a previous team member instead of your own
EVENT POLYGON ACHIEVEMENT: You are partnered with B, who is partnered with C, and so on…until N is partnered with you
PARASITE POLYGON ACHIEVEMENT: see Event POLYGON, but you carry B, who carries C, who carries you

UNCONTESTED ACHIEVEMENT: Beat the 2nd place team by a ridiculous margin
RAGE ACHIEVEMENT: Actually get first in an event (raw score) but don't get the medal because graders screwed up
'MURICA ACHIEVEMENT: Win 3rd, 2nd, and 1st in same competition
SWEEP ACHIEVEMENT: Win 1st at Regionals, State, and Nationals
CONSISTENCY ACHIEVEMENT: Get the same placing in the same event
UN-STREET SMART ACHIEVEMENT: Get lost on the way to competition/at competition site when trying to find your rooms

POWER COUPLE AWARD: Medal in an event with your significant other
LOVE MAKES YOU DUMB AWARD: Don't medal in an event, probably because your significant other was doing that event, too
AYUMU ACHIEVEMENT: Memorize a textbook
AESTHETICS ACHIEVEMENT: Have the prettiest engineering device, regardless of how well it works
ANTI-AESTHETICS ACHIEVEMENT: Have the ugliest engineering device, preferably one held together entirely by tape – ultra bonus points if you end up winning

Feel free to add more achievements!
Clutch: ExpD in regionals
Speedwrite: WQ at LISO (still got 5th)
Speed Redo: CB
Newton Leibniz: PP at Valley
Beat the curve: CB at LISO; half our test was empty, but we still got 6th.
Mutiple guess: WQ
Host: CB last year
Parasite: ExpD at regionals
Un-street smart: many times
2018 events: Crime Busters, Potions and Poisons, Microbe Mission
2019 events: Crime Busters, Potions and Poisons, Water Quality
Bay Academy

Return to “General Chat”