Division: Grad
State: TX
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Post by isotelus »

cbrant554 wrote:
error101 wrote:anyone know where to get a decent arteries/veins diagram lmk thx
Look in professional medical books if you want the best but if your to lazy just look online there should be a good amount
And if you find, for example, 2 pictures with different information, download the better one and just use a art program to add in the other information so you don't have to waste space in your notesheet. This way, you can make a really good diagram with all the information you need.
SLHS '23
WangwithaTang

Post by WangwithaTang »

Does anybody know the equations that are needed for systolic and diastolic pressure?
amk578
Division: C
State: IN

Post by amk578 »

WangwithaTang wrote:Does anybody know the equations that are needed for systolic and diastolic pressure?
I don't think there's any finite equation for systolic and diastolic pressure, I think you just need to know what those each mean and how to apply those values in other equations.
2018 - Anatomy, Crime Busters, & Road
2019 - Anatomy, Disease, Heredity, & Road
2020 - Anatomy, DGenes, Disease, Forensics, Ping Pong Parachute, & Protein Modeling
2021 - Anatomy, Chem Lab, DGenes, Disease, Machines, & Protein Modeling
WangwithaTang

Post by WangwithaTang »

amk578 wrote:
WangwithaTang wrote:Does anybody know the equations that are needed for systolic and diastolic pressure?
I don't think there's any finite equation for systolic and diastolic pressure, I think you just need to know what those each mean and how to apply those values in other equations.
Okay, so , how do you apply these values in other equations. :|
Anomaly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by Anomaly »

WangwithaTang wrote:
amk578 wrote:
I think amk means to use those values to plug into other equations. For example, pulse pressure is diastolic subtracted from systolic, so you'd put the values for SP and DP into the equation SP-DP to get PP (pulse pressure)
Orefield MS SO 2015-2018, Parkland HS SO 2019-2020
Medal/Ribbon Count
Invitational: 25
Regional: 16
State: 7
y o i n k s
Events: Anatomy and Physiology, Codebusters, Designer Genes, Protein Modeling
don't look at this its fake news now
amk578

Post by amk578 »

Anomaly wrote:
WangwithaTang wrote:
amk578 wrote:
I think amk means to use those values to plug into other equations. For example, pulse pressure is diastolic subtracted from systolic, so you'd put the values for SP and DP into the equation SP-DP to get PP (pulse pressure)
Yeah, that's what I meant
2018 - Anatomy, Crime Busters, & Road
2019 - Anatomy, Disease, Heredity, & Road
2020 - Anatomy, DGenes, Disease, Forensics, Ping Pong Parachute, & Protein Modeling
2021 - Anatomy, Chem Lab, DGenes, Disease, Machines, & Protein Modeling
cbrant554

Post by cbrant554 »

amk578 wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
WangwithaTang wrote: Okay, so , how do you apply these values in other equations. :|
If you want to know how to put it in to other equations you are usually given them in the question and then asked how to calculate something like pulse pressure or something along the lines of it. So you shouldnt have to calculate it, the test should give you it in the question
WangwithaTang

Post by WangwithaTang »

cbrant554 wrote:
amk578 wrote:
Anomaly wrote: I think amk means to use those values to plug into other equations. For example, pulse pressure is diastolic subtracted from systolic, so you'd put the values for SP and DP into the equation SP-DP to get PP (pulse pressure)
If you want to know how to put it in to other equations you are usually given them in the question and then asked how to calculate something like pulse pressure or something along the lines of it. So you shouldnt have to calculate it, the test should give you it in the question
Thanks!
rubyatiy

Post by rubyatiy »

Raphael wrote:
jlordhe wrote:Is Anatomy a permanent event(one that does not rotate)?
I am Pretty PhenQSure It is permanent event as all the science Olympiad years it still has been the same but the topics inside it does change like this year its the lymphatic, excretory and vascular system. But last year it was way different! ;)
These are not the hypes ? are they ? you are not supporting with the cast and entire event
jleremy

Post by jleremy »

do i have to know the thickness and diameter of the blood vessels?
i know it says structure and function of arteries, arterioles, veins, venules, capillaries in the rule sheet....

Return to “2019 Study Events”