Codebusters C

Name
Division: C
State: NY

Re: Codebusters C

Postby Name » January 13th, 2019, 4:26 pm

Anyone here wants access to an xenocrypt test urgently? I plan to complete a SciOly Codebusters test of pure xenocrypts seeing how difficult they are to find but I don't want to release it without a large number of ciphers if there isn't a large demand.
I'll take it but xenocrypts arnt THAT rare unlike something like RSA where I've seen it used exactly once. If anything get a teammate to search up Spanish quotes and use a monoalpabetic encoder
South Woods MS/Syosset HS '21
Favorite Past Events: Microbe, Invasive, Matsci, Fermi
Events!: Astro, Code, Fossils
Div C medals: 26

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: PA

Postby UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F » January 13th, 2019, 4:34 pm

Anyone here wants access to an xenocrypt test urgently? I plan to complete a SciOly Codebusters test of pure xenocrypts seeing how difficult they are to find but I don't want to release it without a large number of ciphers if there isn't a large demand.
I'll take it but xenocrypts arnt THAT rare unlike something like RSA where I've seen it used exactly once. If anything get a teammate to search up Spanish quotes and use a monoalpabetic encoder
Agreed, xenocrypts aren't that hard to find, especially if you speak Spanish (which I don't)

0ddrenaline
Division: Grad
State: MI

Postby 0ddrenaline » January 14th, 2019, 3:06 pm

I need to write my second test for an upcoming competition. Last time I created a different table for each word, with a different cell for the encrypted and decrypted letters. Then I needed to type each letter individually in each cell. This is very tedious and prone to mistakes. Any tips?

TheChiScientist
State: IL

Postby TheChiScientist » January 14th, 2019, 3:09 pm

I need to write my second test for an upcoming competition. Last time I created a different table for each word, with a different cell for the encrypted and decrypted letters. Then I needed to type each letter individually in each cell. This is very tedious and prone to mistakes. Any tips?
Make the table with the alphabet in alphabetical order and then just copy paste for all your tables. Then use a word counter to sorta all your letters and fill in accordingly. Send me a PM if you want to see an example of what I have with my Xenocrypt test. :D
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019
Medal Count:30 8-)
School:Crystal Lake Central High School Wiki
Assassinator #119 and Co-Conspirator in #120
President of The Builder Cult. Builders rise up!

GoldenKnight1
Coach
Coach
State: PA

Postby GoldenKnight1 » January 14th, 2019, 3:16 pm

Make the table with the alphabet in alphabetical order and then just copy paste for all your tables. Then use a word counter to sorta all your letters and fill in accordingly. Send me a PM if you want to see an example of what I have with my Xenocrypt test. :D
Or use the Test Generator from NCSO that is included on the National Website.

TheChiScientist

Postby TheChiScientist » January 14th, 2019, 3:19 pm

Oh, butterfly... Yea. No. Ignore what I just said. This is WAY better! Thx GoldenKnight! :)

Saucycedo

Postby Saucycedo » January 14th, 2019, 4:57 pm

Any tips on solving patristocrats faster?

0ddrenaline
State: MI

Postby 0ddrenaline » January 14th, 2019, 5:39 pm

Wow, I should have known to check there. Thanks!

jimmy-bond
State: HI

Postby jimmy-bond » January 19th, 2019, 5:49 pm

At a recent competition, there was a Baconian alphabet problem. Instead of A's and B's, they used the symbols <, >, [, ], {, }, (, and ). No hint was provided, and there were 52 letters in total. There were no repeating sets of symbols. How would someone tackle this problem?
If life gives you melons, you're dyslexic.

Why can't dinosaurs ski? Because they're dead.

Merry Chrysler.
Code Busters(16), DD(40), FQ(39), Forensics(36), WQ(27)
CriB(26), DP (11), FF(1), MM(14), P&P(6)
CriB(36), DD(35), FF(2), MM(20)

TheChiScientist

Postby TheChiScientist » January 19th, 2019, 6:00 pm

At a recent competition, there was a Baconian alphabet problem. Instead of A's and B's, they used the symbols <, >, [, ], {, }, (, and ). No hint was provided, and there were 52 letters in total. There were no repeating sets of symbols. How would someone tackle this problem?
I would attempt to see how grouping would create a logical response. On a test I took they used a Baconian with odd and even numbers as A and B. I suspect that in this case, A is most likely <, [, { and B is most likely >, ], }. If I could see how the test was formatted I could test this theory out but in a nutshell, you need to find patterns in Baconian ciphers. Also, don't forget to bunch everything into fives.

Return to “2019 Lab Events”