Way Too Early Predictions

Locked
Paypog
Member
Member
Posts: 141
Joined: February 26th, 2018, 1:22 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Location: Somewhere tryna sleep
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by Paypog » January 17th, 2019, 3:23 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Paypog wrote:
Unome wrote:Div B:
1. Solon
2. Kennedy
3. Daniel Wright
4. WW-P Community
5. Piedmont
6. Meads Mill
7. Beckendorff
8. Gelinas
9. Springhouse
10. Tower Heights
11. Highlands
12. Longfellow
13. Jeffrey Trail/Kraemer
14. MI team 2
15. Hamilton
16. Ladue
17. Marie Murphy
18. Shady Side
19. Dodgen
20. Kealing
21. FSA
22. Bay Academy
23. Bedford
24. Chippewa
25. Fred J. Carnage
Dang. Unome do you really think SSA is gonna place that low after 13th last year?
you say you guys suck this year and then you go and criticize the predictions for being too low in expectations ;)
Yeah and seeing you seem to actually care what I'm saying just brings me more satisfaction.
2018 Events: Anatomy (Big oof), Ecology (Mild oof), Experimental Design( :D :D ), Herpetology (Mild oof)
2019 Events: Anatomy (oof), Experimental Design (oof), Herpetology (oof), Circuit Lab (oof)
2020 Events: Anatomy, Ornithology, Ping-Pong Parachute

Paypog
Member
Member
Posts: 141
Joined: February 26th, 2018, 1:22 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Location: Somewhere tryna sleep
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by Paypog » January 17th, 2019, 3:24 pm

Unome wrote:
Paypog wrote:
Unome wrote:Div B:
1. Solon
2. Kennedy
3. Daniel Wright
4. WW-P Community
5. Piedmont
6. Meads Mill
7. Beckendorff
8. Gelinas
9. Springhouse
10. Tower Heights
11. Highlands
12. Longfellow
13. Jeffrey Trail/Kraemer
14. MI team 2
15. Hamilton
16. Ladue
17. Marie Murphy
18. Shady Side
19. Dodgen
20. Kealing
21. FSA
22. Bay Academy
23. Bedford
24. Chippewa
25. Fred J. Carnage
Dang. Unome do you really think SSA is gonna place that low after 13th last year?
No, I just threw this together in a few minutes. I didn't realize they were 13th last year, thought it was like 16th or something.
Oh Kk. I don't necessarily know if we are going to go up in overall placement, but I really think that if our team comes together, we can put up a fight this year.
2018 Events: Anatomy (Big oof), Ecology (Mild oof), Experimental Design( :D :D ), Herpetology (Mild oof)
2019 Events: Anatomy (oof), Experimental Design (oof), Herpetology (oof), Circuit Lab (oof)
2020 Events: Anatomy, Ornithology, Ping-Pong Parachute

Rossyspsce
Member
Member
Posts: 204
Joined: June 3rd, 2018, 5:32 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by Rossyspsce » January 17th, 2019, 7:18 pm

Unome wrote:1. Troy
2. Solon (pending future results, might move them up)
3. Mounds View (pay attention)
4. Mason/Centerville (even odds on either in my opinion)
5. Acton-Boxborough
6. Harriton
7. Clements (2 places lower if Seven Lakes, 4 places lower if LASA)
8. Mira Loma
9. Boca Raton
10. Columbia
11. WW-P North
12. Enloe
13. Northville (seems similar strength as last year)
14. Camas
15. Stevenson
16. Grand Haven (9th-16th was really close for me)
17. Ward Melville
18. Bayard Rustin/Lower Merion (best bets on these two)
19. New Trier
20. Clark (hype)
21. Madison West (Hamilton is getting strong)
22. Pembroke Hill
23. Carmel
24. Chattahoochee
25. Brookwood
Placing Camas at 14th is interesting, due to the bombs they've had at the two invitationals they've had so far. Also, they got second to Bothell, who went to nationals as of 2016. Inglemoor also seems a strong competitor in the state of Washington. Not sure how much this carries, but Inglemoor also holds the 2015-17 ms state champions, who would now be juniors and seniors with nationals experience.

idk probably wrong but anyone else have thoughts?

User avatar
pikachu4919
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 710
Joined: December 7th, 2012, 2:30 pm
Division: Grad
State: IN
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Location: SEPA
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by pikachu4919 » January 17th, 2019, 7:50 pm

Bread wrote:
Unome wrote:Div B:
1. Solon
2. Kennedy
3. Daniel Wright
4. WW-P Community
5. Piedmont
6. Meads Mill
7. Beckendorff
8. Gelinas
9. Springhouse
10. Tower Heights
11. Highlands
12. Longfellow
13. Jeffrey Trail/Kraemer
14. MI team 2
15. Hamilton
16. Ladue
17. Marie Murphy
18. Shady Side
19. Dodgen
20. Kealing
21. FSA
22. Bay Academy
23. Bedford
24. Chippewa
25. Fred J. Carnage
Aww, No div-B Indiana team getting top 25? Unlucky.
I would have to disagree on Unome on that, I would put TJ as the team making it out (unless some huge upset occurs at State this year), and I would put them somewhere in the range of....17-23, personally, given how dominant they've been in Indiana over their probably around 30-year history. And correct me if I'm wrong, you've also started going to invites this year? (people have predicted other teams to win over TJ within IN simply because of lack of invitational data on TJ, but they've always gotten proved wrong at State). I would say the same range of predictions with Carmel, if they can get through state and get their game on for nats. I thought last year might have been an off-year (or even just a single off-day) for them, despite their really good performance at the state tournament (much better than when my year broke our 10+ year drought). I can't say for sure until I've seen how they stack up at UMich Invitational. However, they do look pretty strong this year, given the handful of results we have for them so far in comparison to teams like Lake Central, Bloomington South, and John Adams (we won't find out about comparison to Munster until UMich and we won't find out about comparison to Bloomington North until Regionals). They sent underclassmen teams to Whiting and got 1st and 2nd (and tied scores), which is really impressive and has never happened before this year ever since I started at Carmel, which was ...now 6.5 years ago (time flies, eh?). I'm pretty sure that they have a good chance of making it out of Indiana this year, and if they do, I'm sure they can probably move up more than one place from their 24th place finish last year.
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '20
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics


Not throwin' away my shot!
MY CABBAGES!

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4269
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by Unome » January 18th, 2019, 5:24 am

pikachu4919 wrote:
Bread wrote:
Unome wrote:Div B:
1. Solon
2. Kennedy
3. Daniel Wright
4. WW-P Community
5. Piedmont
6. Meads Mill
7. Beckendorff
8. Gelinas
9. Springhouse
10. Tower Heights
11. Highlands
12. Longfellow
13. Jeffrey Trail/Kraemer
14. MI team 2
15. Hamilton
16. Ladue
17. Marie Murphy
18. Shady Side
19. Dodgen
20. Kealing
21. FSA
22. Bay Academy
23. Bedford
24. Chippewa
25. Fred J. Carnage
Aww, No div-B Indiana team getting top 25? Unlucky.
I would have to disagree on Unome on that, I would put TJ as the team making it out (unless some huge upset occurs at State this year), and I would put them somewhere in the range of....17-23, personally, given how dominant they've been in Indiana over their probably around 30-year history. And correct me if I'm wrong, you've also started going to invites this year? (people have predicted other teams to win over TJ within IN simply because of lack of invitational data on TJ, but they've always gotten proved wrong at State). I would say the same range of predictions with Carmel, if they can get through state and get their game on for nats. I thought last year might have been an off-year (or even just a single off-day) for them, despite their really good performance at the state tournament (much better than when my year broke our 10+ year drought). I can't say for sure until I've seen how they stack up at UMich Invitational. However, they do look pretty strong this year, given the handful of results we have for them so far in comparison to teams like Lake Central, Bloomington South, and John Adams (we won't find out about comparison to Munster until UMich and we won't find out about comparison to Bloomington North until Regionals). They sent underclassmen teams to Whiting and got 1st and 2nd (and tied scores), which is really impressive and has never happened before this year ever since I started at Carmel, which was ...now 6.5 years ago (time flies, eh?). I'm pretty sure that they have a good chance of making it out of Indiana this year, and if they do, I'm sure they can probably move up more than one place from their 24th place finish last year.
Ah, that was who my second Bedford was supposed to be...
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

Killboe
Member
Member
Posts: 205
Joined: January 29th, 2018, 7:04 am
State: AR
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by Killboe » January 18th, 2019, 9:05 am

Div B:
1. Solon
2. Daniel Wright
3. Kennedy
4. Community
5. Mead Mill
6. Highlands
7. Springhouse
8. Gelinas
9. Springhouse
10. Tower Heights
11. Beckendorff
12. FSA
13. Jeffrey Trail/Kraemer
14. Longfellow
15. Piedmont
16. Mi team 2
17. Marie Murphy
18. Shady Side
19. Dodgen
20. Kealing
21. Ladue
22. Bay Academy
23. Bedford
24. Chippewa
25. Fred J. Carnage

User avatar
IvanGe
Member
Member
Posts: 199
Joined: September 29th, 2016, 1:56 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Location: Ward Melville
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by IvanGe » January 18th, 2019, 9:33 am

Killboe wrote:Div B:
1. Solon
2. Daniel Wright
3. Kennedy
4. Community
5. Mead Mill
6. Highlands
7. Springhouse
8. Gelinas
9. Springhouse
10. Tower Heights
11. Beckendorff
12. FSA
13. Jeffrey Trail/Kraemer
14. Longfellow
15. Piedmont
16. Mi team 2
17. Marie Murphy
18. Shady Side
19. Dodgen
20. Kealing
21. Ladue
22. Bay Academy
23. Bedford
24. Chippewa
25. Fred J. Carnage

why is springhouse on there twice?
gelinas 2016-2019, wmhs'22

nats '19:
5th - potions
5th - fossils
9th - buggy

Bread
Member
Member
Posts: 78
Joined: September 18th, 2018, 3:13 pm
Division: C
State: IN
Location: VHS
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by Bread » January 18th, 2019, 12:22 pm

Unome wrote:
pikachu4919 wrote:I would have to disagree on Unome on that, I would put TJ as the team making it out (unless some huge upset occurs at State this year), and I would put them somewhere in the range of....17-23, personally, given how dominant they've been in Indiana over their probably around 30-year history. And correct me if I'm wrong, you've also started going to invites this year? (people have predicted other teams to win over TJ within IN simply because of lack of invitational data on TJ, but they've always gotten proved wrong at State). I would say the same range of predictions with Carmel, if they can get through state and get their game on for nats. I thought last year might have been an off-year (or even just a single off-day) for them, despite their really good performance at the state tournament (much better than when my year broke our 10+ year drought). I can't say for sure until I've seen how they stack up at UMich Invitational. However, they do look pretty strong this year, given the handful of results we have for them so far in comparison to teams like Lake Central, Bloomington South, and John Adams (we won't find out about comparison to Munster until UMich and we won't find out about comparison to Bloomington North until Regionals). They sent underclassmen teams to Whiting and got 1st and 2nd (and tied scores), which is really impressive and has never happened before this year ever since I started at Carmel, which was ...now 6.5 years ago (time flies, eh?). I'm pretty sure that they have a good chance of making it out of Indiana this year, and if they do, I'm sure they can probably move up more than one place from their 24th place finish last year.
Ah, that was who my second Bedford was supposed to be...
I mean I guess you could say we started going to invites. we went to VU in 16, don't know how we placed their, we went in 17 and got like 10th because half out team was gone, and we didn't go last year because our builds weren't ready. We went again this year though and won, though we don't know by how much because they still haven't released the scores. If we were to make it to nats (That would be 30 years in a row!!!) I would say we would place around the low 20s. Our team is a bit weaker than last year, but definitely good enough to make it out of state (Though, Raymond is a little spooky looking at how they did at centerville).
VHS '22
2017
VU/Reg/State/Nats
Rocks:10/2/3/21
Dynamic:3/2/11/46

2018
Reg/State/Nats
Rocks:1/1/15
Thermo:1/6/29
Roller:3/10/20

2019
VU/Reg/State/Nats
Fossils <3 :1/1/1/2 :D 
Dynamic:4/1/2/26
Thermo:2/1/1/5 :D 
Roller:9/-/1/51 (tier)
Rip maybe next year

Pettywap
Member
Member
Posts: 109
Joined: November 4th, 2017, 11:15 am
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by Pettywap » January 18th, 2019, 1:21 pm

Div B:
1. Solon
2. Kennedy
3. Beckendorff
4. Daniel Wright
5. WW-P Community
6. Meads Mill
7. Piedmont
8. Gelinas
9. Kraemer
10. Springhouse
11. Longfellow
12. Highlands
13. Ladue
14. Shady Side
15.Tower Heights
16. Hamilton
17. Marie Murphy
18. Slauson/ MI team 2
19. Dodgen
20. Kealing
21. R.C Murphy
22. Bedford

I'll probably update this as the season goes on. This is just a start.
"Who's Fettywap?"

User avatar
Galahad
Member
Member
Posts: 265
Joined: January 22nd, 2018, 11:28 pm
Division: C
State: HI
Location: Somewhere in the Pacific Ocean
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by Galahad » January 18th, 2019, 5:06 pm

Pettywap wrote:Div B:
1. Solon
2. Kennedy
3. Beckendorff
4. Daniel Wright
5. WW-P Community
6. Meads Mill
7. Piedmont
8. Gelinas
9. Kraemer
10. Springhouse
11. Longfellow
12. Highlands
13. Ladue
14. Shady Side
15.Tower Heights
16. Hamilton
17. Marie Murphy
18. Slauson/ MI team 2
19. Dodgen
20. Kealing
21. R.C Murphy
22. Bedford

I'll probably update this as the season goes on. This is just a start.
oof highlands
Here we go again!

Highlands Intermediate School '16-'19
Pearl City High School '19-??
DMAH '18-??

https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Galahad

Locked

Return to “2019 Nationals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests