Solar System B

AwersomeUser
Division: B
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Solar System B

Post by AwersomeUser »

Do I have to know stuff like the things I underlinedin red above? (Who discovered it, when, story behind it, etc?)

Also, does every test have matching or they are different? (I know I asked his before but I am just confirming.)
2018-2019: Fossils, Solar System, Sci Quiz Bowl (Trial)
2019-2020: Circuit Lab, Machines, Mission (Im)possible, Reach For The Stars
2020-2021: Anatomy & Physilogy (if no conflicts) Astronomy, Enviromental Chemistry, Machines <-- I want to do these...
isotelus
Division: Grad
State: TX

Post by isotelus »

AwersomeUser wrote:
[img]https://resizeimage.net/mypic/RvLwVvnVVVjRMf6T/M5vBb/98634297-e547-4f41-942a-037172.jpg[/img]
Do I have to know stuff like the things I underlinedin red above? (Who discovered it, when, story behind it, etc?)

Also, does every test have matching or they are different? (I know I asked his before but I am just confirming.)
Yes, you do need to know history (at least the basics). Some tests will have matching, but not all tests will - it's just a method of asking questions.
SLHS '23
AwersomeUser

Post by AwersomeUser »

isotelus wrote:
AwersomeUser wrote:
[img]https://resizeimage.net/mypic/RvLwVvnVVVjRMf6T/M5vBb/98634297-e547-4f41-942a-037172.jpg[/img]

Yes, you do need to know history (at least the basics). Some tests will have matching, but not all tests will - it's just a method of asking questions.
Not the history of the planet itself, but the history of discoverying it?
2020-2021: Anatomy & Physilogy (if no conflicts) Astronomy, Enviromental Chemistry, Machines <-- I want to do these...
AwersomeUser

Post by AwersomeUser »

Also,

Do I need to know any of these? (I just want to make sure). Do I only need to know the tempuratures and albedo (maybe)? What else do you suggest me to know?
isotelus
Division: Grad
State: TX

Post by isotelus »

AwersomeUser wrote:
isotelus wrote:
AwersomeUser wrote:

Not the history of the planet itself, but the history of discoverying it?
Both of those- the formation and evolution, and the discovery.
AwersomeUser wrote:Also,
[img]https://resizeimage.net/mypic/w451LjGHmdg0K5HW/YMDFy/26c450e6-4956-4766-8a9a-48205b.jpg[/img]

[img]https://resizeimage.net/mypic/L7460H0OpVzqeMXk/VJiMZ/eaa3c3a8-b718-4e51-bdf0-31238d.jpg[/img]

[img]https://resizeimage.net/mypic/BzTEuBzPRaWZsdhp/2MOEH/a45d6719-8e55-4256-a251-1df517.jpg[/img]
Do I need to know any of these? (I just want to make sure). Do I only need to know the tempuratures and albedo (maybe)? What else do you suggest me to know?
A lot of those seem important. I don't exactly know what could come up and could not, but what I would definitely try to have the following based off the list you gave me:
Aphelion, Perihelion, semi major axis, eccentricity, orbital period, inclination. average orbital speed (maybe?), mean radius, surface area, volume, mean density, surface gravity, escape velocity, axial tilt, albedo, surface temperature, apparent and absolute magnitude, surface pressure, and major components of it itself, it's atmosphere if it has one, and it's ring system if it has one.
SLHS '23
dntf88

Post by dntf88 »

AwersomeUser wrote:
dntf88 wrote:Has anyone purchase the CD/DVD that SO sells on its website? Is the material on that disk sufficient and relevant/updated for this year's specific areas to cover anything that will be tested?
I asked the same exact question a while ago but apparently no one here have brought one before. According to the website the CD is updated but I don't think it has all the information you will need as it is a CD for multiple events.
I asked this because I don’t know if I have the right CD content for this year as it does not have material specifically for this year's specific topics which is odd.
AwersomeUser

Post by AwersomeUser »

dntf88 wrote:
AwersomeUser wrote:
dntf88 wrote:Has anyone purchase the CD/DVD that SO sells on its website? Is the material on that disk sufficient and relevant/updated for this year's specific areas to cover anything that will be tested?
I asked the same exact question a while ago but apparently no one here have brought one before. According to the website the CD is updated but I don't think it has all the information you will need as it is a CD for multiple events.
I asked this because I don’t know if I have the right CD content for this year as it does not have material specifically for this year's specific topics which is odd.
Wait really? Which CD do you have?
dntf88

Post by dntf88 »

AwersomeUser wrote:
dntf88 wrote:
AwersomeUser wrote: I asked the same exact question a while ago but apparently no one here have brought one before. According to the website the CD is updated but I don't think it has all the information you will need as it is a CD for multiple events.
Wait really? Which CD do you have?
I don't know - I was given a bunch of files that were supposedly from the CD but I doubt they are from this year's based on the material that I got since they don't address this year's topics. I was hoping someone could confirm that is the case.
AwersomeUser

Post by AwersomeUser »

Hi! What is the difference between albedo, absolute magnitude or aparent magnitude ? Do you think I need to know these? Also, what’s the difference between Image

And

?

Why do they get different names once we switch the sides?
AwersomeUser

Post by AwersomeUser »

Hi again! What should I put in my cheat sheet? Help!!

Return to “2019 Study Events”