Dynamic Planet B/C

WangwithaTang

Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Post by WangwithaTang »

Also, were 2014 guidelines for dynamic planet the same as this years?
SciolyHarsh
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by SciolyHarsh »

WangwithaTang wrote:Also, were 2014 guidelines for dynamic planet the same as this years?
i. Ice cores as archives of past environments including gases, aerosols, and stable isotope composition
j. Sedimentary sequences produced in glacial environments in the marine and terrestrial realms
k. Milankovitch cycles’ role in producing climate cyclicity and role in dating
l. The Laurentide Ice Sheet retreat & melting history; impact on river drainage; and oceanic circulation
m. Modeling rates and size of ice sheet changes (e.g., marine ice sheet instability, ice shelf buttressing)
n. Methods of studying glaciers & what they tell you: Altimetry, radar, Landsat, seismology, and gravity
o. Recent records of cryospheric change: (e.g., Larsen B, Kilimanjaro, Amundsen Sea Embayment)

I believe that all of this is new to 2019.
2017-2018 Events: Chemistry Lab, Dynamic Planet, Microbe Mission, Experimental Design, Rocks and Minerals

2018-2019 Events: Dynamic Planet, Astronomy, Sounds of Music, Circuit Lab, Geologic Mapping
Snayhill
Division: C
State: OH

Post by Snayhill »

Do you guys know anything about glacial models and where to get info on them? I can't find anything about them online!
Snayhill
Division: C
State: OH

Post by Snayhill »

SciolyHarsh wrote:For your cheat sheets, is it worth putting a picture of each depositional and erosional landforms? I can identify most of them, but would it be much faster if I just stuff some pictures into my free space?
I personally have 4 pages of information and 4 pages of pictures, correlated with location. In other words, if erosional landforms were on the second page of info on the 4th column, then the correlating pictures would be in the second page of pictures in the same viscinity as the 4th column. It's not for everyone, but it works for me really well.
WangwithaTang

Post by WangwithaTang »

Snayhill wrote:Do you guys know anything about glacial models and where to get info on them? I can't find anything about them online!
What do you mean by models?
WangwithaTang

Post by WangwithaTang »

Has anybody approved of scioly using their dynamic planet tests? If not, do you guys know where I can find dynamic planet tests from this year?
SciolyHarsh

Post by SciolyHarsh »

WangwithaTang wrote:Has anybody approved of scioly using their dynamic planet tests? If not, do you guys know where I can find dynamic planet tests from this year?
You can use Scioly tests, but your team captains might have done some test exchanges and gotten tests.
2017-2018 Events: Chemistry Lab, Dynamic Planet, Microbe Mission, Experimental Design, Rocks and Minerals

2018-2019 Events: Dynamic Planet, Astronomy, Sounds of Music, Circuit Lab, Geologic Mapping
WangwithaTang

Post by WangwithaTang »

What does it mean by "Sedimentary sequences produced in glacial environments in the marine and terrestrial realms" on the guidelines?
Thanks!
jleremy

Post by jleremy »

Anyone know what "influence of bed (wet or dry, bare rock, and sediment), and relation of flow to elevation and gradient" in the rule sheet?
i am having trouble finding the correct answer for it but cant find it.
WangwithaTang

Post by WangwithaTang »

jleremy wrote:Anyone know what "influence of bed (wet or dry, bare rock, and sediment), and relation of flow to elevation and gradient" in the rule sheet?
i am having trouble finding the correct answer for it but cant find it.
Same here. I can't find that or part m with ice sheet modeling.

Return to “2019 Study Events”