Dynamic Planet B/C

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: PA

Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Post by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F »

WangwithaTang wrote:I'm looking at the stuff on the 2014 dynamic planet test and I'm getting a bunch of stuff not on this year's test. Is the specific material different? (Excluding the bottom half from i - o)
The rules are most likely different.
WangwithaTang

Post by WangwithaTang »

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F wrote:
WangwithaTang wrote:I'm looking at the stuff on the 2014 dynamic planet test and I'm getting a bunch of stuff not on this year's test. Is the specific material different? (Excluding the bottom half from i - o)
Okay, thanks. Like, do you need to know what rogen moraines and H,N, and R channels?
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: PA

Post by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F »

WangwithaTang wrote:
Okay, thanks. Like, do you need to know what rogen moraines and H,N, and R channels?
I would learn about them
WangwithaTang

Post by WangwithaTang »

WangwithaTang wrote:
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F wrote: The rules are most likely different.
I would learn about them
Alright, thank you!
l0lit
State: FL
Has thanked: 0

Post by l0lit »

Everything from 2014 carries over except periglacial environments (aka permafrost and all that stuff). Unfortunately, some Dynamic Planet tests step a little outside of the bounds set by the rules.
Any opinions stated on this site are not official, the only official information can be found at soinc.org

University of South Florida '25
Carmel SciOly Alumni, Captain 2019-21
Tests written
WangwithaTang

Post by WangwithaTang »

l0lit wrote:
Everything from 2014 carries over except periglacial environments (aka permafrost and all that stuff). Unfortunately, some Dynamic Planet tests step a little outside of the bounds set by the rules.
Okay, thank you!
WangwithaTang

Post by WangwithaTang »

Will we need to know the glacial stages (wisconsinian, illionoian)?
dish123
Been thanked: 0

Post by dish123 »

1. Regarding only using 4 sheets, What does no annotations affixed mean? The instructions are vague, I don't understand if we can add our own things like pop-outs/glue-on?
2. Why do we need calculators?

Thanks,
dish123
kelei
State: NC
Been thanked: 0

Post by kelei »

jleremy wrote:
WangwithaTang wrote:
jleremy wrote:Anyone know what "influence of bed (wet or dry, bare rock, and sediment), and relation of flow to elevation and gradient" in the rule sheet?
i am having trouble finding the correct answer for it but cant find it.
Same here. I can't find that or part m with ice sheet modeling.
I think it means "does wet(wet,dry,bare rock and sediment) bed rock help lubricate the glacier?" which is true. but i am still unsure about the
I just found this on Wikipedia's Ice stream page:
"Most ice streams have some water at their base, which lubricates the flow. The type of bedrock also is significant. Soft, deformable sediments result in faster flow than hard rock."
And that's all it had, but it may be a start.
Gneiss to meet you.

[2019] Disease, Fossils, Dynamic [2018] Disease, Rocks, Herp, Dynamic [2017] Disease, Rocks [2016] Disease, Dynamic [2015] Disease, Dynamic, WIDI [2014] Disease, Dynamic, Water Quality
WangwithaTang

Post by WangwithaTang »

kelei wrote:
jleremy wrote:
WangwithaTang wrote: Same here. I can't find that or part m with ice sheet modeling.
I think it means "does wet(wet,dry,bare rock and sediment) bed rock help lubricate the glacier?" which is true. but i am still unsure about the
I just found this on Wikipedia's Ice stream page:
"Most ice streams have some water at their base, which lubricates the flow. The type of bedrock also is significant. Soft, deformable sediments result in faster flow than hard rock."
And that's all it had, but it may be a start.
Okay, thanks

Return to “2019 Study Events”