Postby muhammad123 » January 8th, 2019, 3:08 pm

thank you and sorry madcow

MadCow2357
Division: C
State: RI

Re: Battery buggy B

Postby MadCow2357 » January 8th, 2019, 5:03 pm

thank you and sorry madcow
No problem, and I should be the one apologizing. Sciolyperson is right in the fact that overrreacted ;)
MadCow2357's Userpage
2020 Events: Boomilever, Machines, Wright Stuff, and hopefully Gravity Vehicle
Member of the Builder Cult and DMAH
Assassinator 134, 144
Gallagher Middle School '19
Barrington High School '23
God Bless Len Joeris (Balsa Man) - Don't cry because he is gone. Smile because he was here.

MadCow2357

Re: Battery Buggy B

Postby MadCow2357 » January 31st, 2019, 11:44 am

Probably not the place for this, but @retired1 and @Hopelessnewbie have you received my PMs about buggy? Just wanted to make sure that they went through, because they were sent a while ago.
nothing
nothing
MadCow2357's Userpage
Assassinator 134, 144
God Bless Len Joeris (Balsa Man) - Don't cry because he is gone. Smile because he was here.

ElGuapo

Postby ElGuapo » January 31st, 2019, 12:20 pm

What would be the ideal length of the vehicle? Mine is about 16" long and even then the smallest shift in the steering makes a big difference (btw...I am not using a caliper steering).
Do I need to make it a little longer? Did anyone max the allowed length?
Anyone willing to share how long their device is and if they are happy with the steering etc... Thanks!

MadCow2357

Postby MadCow2357 » January 31st, 2019, 4:10 pm

40 cm. Using caliper steering and having some problems with the gears meshing.
MadCow2357's Userpage
Assassinator 134, 144

ElGuapo

Postby ElGuapo » January 31st, 2019, 5:34 pm

Thanks for sharing madcow! Mine is about the same length too. Should I try making it a little bigger or you think it might hinder passing through the cans.
Thanks!

MadCow2357

Postby MadCow2357 » January 31st, 2019, 6:36 pm

Thanks for sharing madcow! Mine is about the same length too. Should I try making it a little bigger or you think it might hinder passing through the cans.
Thanks!
No need, not like it gives you any significant benefit in doing so. Passing through the cans is one thing, but increasing the length will also increase your weight which is not the best thing.
MadCow2357's Userpage
Assassinator 134, 144

sciolyperson1
State: NJ

Postby sciolyperson1 » January 31st, 2019, 6:56 pm

Thanks!
No need, not like it gives you any significant benefit in doing so. Passing through the cans is one thing, but increasing the length will also increase your weight which is not the best thing.
Of course there's a benefit of a longer buggy. A longer buggy means that you can more precisely measure the starting angle of the buggy, which makes the buggy a lot more accurate.
Increasing the length does increase the weight, but for many, weight doesn't matter much. Weight makes the car go slower, which in turn makes the car more consistent. Skid is also decreased.
WW-P HSN '22

Roller Coaster National Champion '19
Team (Nats) - 3rd '18, '19
Mystery - 3rd '19
Buggy - 4th '19, 5th '18
Mission - 3rd '17

'20: Gravity - Boomi - WIDI - PPP - Detector?
Vehicle event medalling streak - 13
Rate my tests!

ElGuapo

Postby ElGuapo » January 31st, 2019, 7:20 pm

Thanks!
Thank you!! Appreciate the input!!

ElGuapo

Postby ElGuapo » January 31st, 2019, 7:27 pm

Thanks!
Of course there's a benefit of a longer buggy. A longer buggy means that you can more precisely measure the starting angle of the buggy, which makes the buggy a lot more accurate.
Increasing the length does increase the weight, but for many, weight doesn't matter much. Weight makes the car go slower, which in turn makes the car more consistent. Skid is also decreased.
Thanks!! I see what you mean. I’m doing fine speed wise. So even if it slows a little I should be ok, I think. How long is your device? I believe there’s been a mention of the length twice on this forum and both devices (including MadCow’s) are 40 cms. Does anyone one have a longer buggy and hows it working out. One of my concerns is that a long buggy’s tail might touch a can while passing through, especially on a ‘sharper’ curve like 9 mts.

Return to “Battery Buggy B”