Mission Possible C

nicholasmaurer
Coach
Coach
Division: Grad
State: OH

Re: Mission Possible C

Post by nicholasmaurer »

Vortexx wrote:So it says that timing stops when the final task stops moving. However, if it never moves, but yet it was intended to, would the timing then be stopped?
If it never moves, then timing would stop at 180.0 seconds per 4.f.
Assistant Coach and Alumnus ('14) - Solon High School Science Olympiad
Tournament Director - Northeast Ohio Regional Tournament
Tournament Director - Solon High School Science Olympiad Invitational

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
saathvik02
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by saathvik02 »

How are you all planning on dropping the tablets into the water for the effervescence task? I was thinking about using a magnet but wanted to see if there were any suggestions.
TheSquaad

Post by TheSquaad »

saathvik02 wrote:How are you all planning on dropping the tablets into the water for the effervescence task? I was thinking about using a magnet but wanted to see if there were any suggestions.
Magnets are definitely your best bet.
saathvik02

Post by saathvik02 »

Do you think it would be considered electrically powered if electricity was used to drop a weight(not powered directly) that turned a screw or activated any non-electrical tasks?
CookiePie1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by CookiePie1 »

saathvik02 wrote:Do you think it would be considered electrically powered if electricity was used to drop a weight(not powered directly) that turned a screw or activated any non-electrical tasks?
It depends on which task came before that one. If an electrical task was used prior to this, you may be able to get away with it by wording your ASL carefully. However, you can't use this as the scorable magnet task because you used electricity.
South Brunswick High School Captain '22
2020 Events: Protein Modeling, Ping Pong Parachute, Wright Stuff, Sounds of Music
2021 Events: Protein Modeling, Sounds of Music, Ornithology
2022 Events: TBD

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
teamblueorange

Post by teamblueorange »

Can we use an EV3 brick in our project and some of its sensors to help carry out our overall project?
jinhusong
State: CA

Post by jinhusong »

teamblueorange wrote:Can we use an EV3 brick in our project and some of its sensors to help carry out our overall project?

I am pretty sure it is banned. Nothing programmable.

Jinhu
absolutezerok3
State: MI

Post by absolutezerok3 »

So far through the season, I have been using a 9v battery to power my entire apparatus. However, I noticed that the rules never state that you cannot have more than 9v in total of batteries on your device. It only states, as I interpret, that each individual battery cannot be more than 9v and that the voltage across any two points may not exceed 9v. Does this mean you can have multiple 9v batteries powering different curcuits and multiple 9v batteries in parallel?
1|states MTV
[i]Disease Detectives[/i][b]| Mousetrap Vehicle |[/b][u] Circuit Lab [/u][b]| Mission Possible |[/b]Boomilever.
5 years and counting!!
Vortexx
State: IN

Post by Vortexx »

absolutezerok3 wrote:So far through the season, I have been using a 9v battery to power my entire apparatus. However, I noticed that the rules never state that you cannot have more than 9v in total of batteries on your device. It only states, as I interpret, that each individual battery cannot be more than 9v and that the voltage across any two points may not exceed 9v. Does this mean you can have multiple 9v batteries powering different curcuits and multiple 9v batteries in parallel?
Pretty sure that you can have multiple circuits that each have their own battery, but the voltage in each individual circuit cannot surpass 9V.
[hide]Events|2017-Mission, Hovercraft
2018- Mission, Hover, Codebusters, Source Code
ScottMaurer19
State: OH

Post by ScottMaurer19 »

Vortexx wrote:
absolutezerok3 wrote:So far through the season, I have been using a 9v battery to power my entire apparatus. However, I noticed that the rules never state that you cannot have more than 9v in total of batteries on your device. It only states, as I interpret, that each individual battery cannot be more than 9v and that the voltage across any two points may not exceed 9v. Does this mean you can have multiple 9v batteries powering different curcuits and multiple 9v batteries in parallel?
Pretty sure that you can have multiple circuits that each have their own battery, but the voltage in each individual circuit cannot surpass 9V.
My device has multiple circuits each powered by its own 9v battery.
Solon '19 Captain, CWRU '23
2017 (r/s/n):
Hydro: 3/5/18
Robot Arm: na/1/1
Rocks: 1/1/1

2018 (r/s/n):
Heli: 2/1/7 
Herp: 1/4/4
Mission: 1/1/6
Rocks: 1/1/1
Eco: 6/3/9

2019 (r/s/n):