klastyioer
Division: C
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Re: Science Olympiad at Penn Invitational 2019

Post by klastyioer »

windu34 wrote:
Unome wrote:
antoine_ego wrote:I'm not buying that Harriton isn't still powerful. MIT was basically their builds failing, so I think they're being severely underestimated. A top 3 nationals team doesn't drop this quickly.
There was that time Centerville was top 4 at Nationals for 9 years in a row before placing 12th with no warning. But I generally agree, Harriton is probably a little underrated.
Idk, Ive heard that they lost their main builder(s) and all their tech/physics has gone down the hole
lmao where did you hear that from
i think the builds are making improvements
we will see what happens
but yes i agree hhs only failed widi and builds
that was pretty much the only thing bringing them down
it's not about the medals; go out there and have fun. make progress, learn a few things and have one heck of a time; that's all that matters.

Check out Klastyioer's Userpage!
Rossyspsce

Post by Rossyspsce »

antoine_ego wrote:My own spicy predicts:

1. Troy
2. Mason
3. Harriton
4. Boca Raton
5. LASA
6. WW-P North
7. New Trier
8. WW-P South
9. Lower Merion
10. Montgomery

I'm not buying that Harriton isn't still powerful. MIT was basically their builds failing, so I think they're being severely underestimated. A top 3 nationals team doesn't drop this quickly.
Wait so it's confirmed wwp north and south will be attending soup over Cornell or is the split teams thing allowed for invitationals?
pb5754
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by pb5754 »

Rossyspsce wrote:

1. Troy
2. Mason
3. Harriton
4. Boca Raton
5. LASA
6. WW-P North
7. New Trier
8. WW-P South
9. Lower Merion
10. Montgomery

I'm not buying that Harriton isn't still powerful. MIT was basically their builds failing, so I think they're being severely underestimated. A top 3 nationals team doesn't drop this quickly.
Wait so it's confirmed wwp north and south will be attending soup over Cornell or is the split teams thing allowed for invitationals?
South never signed up for Cornell, so they were always going to SOUP. North will be going to SOUP and not Cornell, I'm pretty sure, although a school is allowed to send teams to two different invitationals on the same day.
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South '21
2021 Nationals: Astronomy - 1st, Geologic Mapping - 1st, Team - 6th
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: PA

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

pb5754[] wrote: South never signed up for Cornell, so they were always going to SOUP. North will be going to SOUP and not Cornell, I'm pretty sure, although a school is allowed to send teams to two different invitationals on the same day.
Sending teams to two different invites on the same day is allowed and has been done before. I'm not sure if that's what North's plan is or not.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
builderguy135
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ

Post by builderguy135 »

EastStroudsburg13 wrote:
pb5754[] wrote: South never signed up for Cornell, so they were always going to SOUP. North will be going to SOUP and not Cornell, I'm pretty sure, although a school is allowed to send teams to two different invitationals on the same day.
Sending teams to two different invites on the same day is allowed and has been done before. I'm not sure if that's what North's plan is or not.
North is only going to soup iirc unstacked (2 teams). I also know of a few people going to other competitions (MUN and HMMT).
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North '22
BirdSO Co-Director
My Userpage
Rossyspsce

Post by Rossyspsce »

pb5754[] wrote:
Rossyspsce wrote:

1. Troy
2. Mason
3. Harriton
4. Boca Raton
5. LASA
6. WW-P North
7. New Trier
8. WW-P South
9. Lower Merion
10. Montgomery

South never signed up for Cornell, so they were always going to SOUP. North will be going to SOUP and not Cornell, I'm pretty sure, although a school is allowed to send teams to two different invitationals on the same day.
I thought they released something saying you can't send teams to multiple competitions on the same day? That's why Troy didn't attend GGSO, or did rule only apply to sending a team to a state competition like regionals/state and to an invitational?
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

Rossyspsce wrote:
pb5754[] wrote:
Rossyspsce wrote:
I thought they released something saying you can't send teams to multiple competitions on the same day? That's why Troy didn't attend GGSO, or did rule only apply to sending a team to a state competition like regionals/state and to an invitational?
That was a SoCal rule.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
primitivepolonium
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by primitivepolonium »

Unome wrote:
Rossyspsce wrote:
That was a SoCal rule.
A SoCal rule that really only got enforced after the first time Troy sent their A team to GGSO and their B team to regionals. And the state really only cracked down because everyone knew what happened; GGSO is a high profile invite, and quite a few people talked about Troy sending their B team to regionals. No one really cares about double-timing invites, anyway. It's not an invite's place to modulate that.

Until someone does the same thing to NJ, they won't care. And that's assuming the state finds out in the first place.
Div D! I really like chem, oceanography, and nail polish--not in that order.

Troy HS, co2016.

Feel free to PM me about SciOly or college or whatever! I really enjoy making online friends.
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

primitive_polonium wrote:Until someone does the same thing to NJ, they won't care. And that's assuming the state finds out in the first place.
And also assuming that the state actually wants to discourage it - they may not.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Raleway
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Has thanked: 0

Post by Raleway »

Anyone posting live sheet?
Sleep is for the week; one only needs it once a week :!: :geek: :roll: :?: :idea:

God bless Len Joeris | Balsaman

Return to “2019 Invitationals”