4Head
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by 4Head »

Unome wrote:
4Head wrote:
Crimesolver wrote: Oh welp, didn’t know that until now. Do they like stash away Team A until nationals or something?
Their regionals didn’t allow them to send a team elsewhere so their better team might have competed
Could have been either. In 2017 their B team won regionals with 70-something points, while this year I think they were somewhere in the 60s.
that's plausible considering they didn't win a lot of events
2019 Sounds of Music National Champion
Rossyspsce

Post by Rossyspsce »

Kyanite wrote:
Rossyspsce wrote:
Unome wrote:1. Troy
2. Solon (pending future results, might move them up)
3. Mounds View (pay attention)
4. Mason/Centerville (even odds on either in my opinion)
5. Acton-Boxborough
6. Harriton
7. Clements (2 places lower if Seven Lakes, 4 places lower if LASA)
8. Mira Loma
9. Boca Raton
10. Columbia
11. WW-P North
12. Enloe
13. Northville (seems similar strength as last year)
14. Camas
15. Stevenson
16. Grand Haven (9th-16th was really close for me)
17. Ward Melville
18. Bayard Rustin/Lower Merion (best bets on these two)
19. New Trier
20. Clark (hype)
21. Madison West (Hamilton is getting strong)
22. Pembroke Hill
23. Carmel
24. Chattahoochee
25. Brookwood
Placing Camas at 14th is interesting, due to the bombs they've had at the two invitationals they've had so far. Also, they got second to Bothell, who went to nationals as of 2016. Inglemoor also seems a strong competitor in the state of Washington. Not sure how much this carries, but Inglemoor also holds the 2015-17 ms state champions, who would now be juniors and seniors with nationals experience.

idk probably wrong but anyone else have thoughts?
Camas got second to Bothel due to the tiebreaker using first place medals, and the same tie occurred at Aviation last year except Camas won the tiebreaker, and well you saw how state went. Camas is often a late blooming team due to the time taken to refine their builds.
based off GGSO result, Bothell really stepped up their game, coming 7th overall. Also, looking at Camas, their builds bombed out on what I presume is their A team, black, while their other team, red, placed in all builds except for boom
jaggie34
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by jaggie34 »

Rossyspsce wrote:
Kyanite wrote:
Rossyspsce wrote:
Placing Camas at 14th is interesting, due to the bombs they've had at the two invitationals they've had so far. Also, they got second to Bothell, who went to nationals as of 2016. Inglemoor also seems a strong competitor in the state of Washington. Not sure how much this carries, but Inglemoor also holds the 2015-17 ms state champions, who would now be juniors and seniors with nationals experience.

idk probably wrong but anyone else have thoughts?
Camas got second to Bothel due to the tiebreaker using first place medals, and the same tie occurred at Aviation last year except Camas won the tiebreaker, and well you saw how state went. Camas is often a late blooming team due to the time taken to refine their builds.
based off GGSO result, Bothell really stepped up their game, coming 7th overall. Also, looking at Camas, their builds bombed out on what I presume is their A team, black, while their other team, red, placed in all builds except for boom
At GGSO, apparently Camas was missing 6 of their top team members so it's hard to accurately judge them from it.
Boca Raton High School -> Georgia Tech
It's About Time writer/co-writer: Golden Gate, Georgia States
Ping Pong Parachute co-ES: MIT
Florida Game On C and Fermi Questions C champion!
and Circuit Lab too I guess
Rossyspsce

Post by Rossyspsce »

jaggie34 wrote:
Rossyspsce wrote:
Kyanite wrote:
At GGSO, apparently Camas was missing 6 of their top team members so it's hard to accurately judge them from it.
from what I remember from Mira Loma, they still brought their A team builders, which is why I was focusing mostly on builds in my point due to the fact Kyanite was saying that was where Camas usually pulls a lot of their weight
Kyanite
State: WA

Post by Kyanite »

Rossyspsce wrote:
jaggie34 wrote:
Rossyspsce wrote:
from what I remember from Mira Loma, they still brought their A team builders, which is why I was focusing mostly on builds in my point due to the fact Kyanite was saying that was where Camas usually pulls a lot of their weight
That is true builds are our strong point a lot of times, the team lost a lot of the good build leads this past year, but this years build leaders are all talented and I am sure their builds will only improve as the year progresses. I cant speak to if their performance at GGSO was a reflection of the builds running at full potential or not, I know for my mission last year it was only about half built for GGSO.
Rossyspsce

Post by Rossyspsce »

Kyanite wrote:
Rossyspsce wrote:
jaggie34 wrote:
That is true builds are our strong point a lot of times, the team lost a lot of the good build leads this past year, but this years build leaders are all talented and I am sure their builds will only improve as the year progresses. I cant speak to if their performance at GGSO was a reflection of the builds running at full potential or not, I know for my mission last year it was only about half built for GGSO.
Understandable, but looking at their other team they had really outstanding builds, 3rd in mission, 1st mousetrap, 4th Wright stuff. Not sure if there is a single person on that second team doing builds, but I think Camas Black really bombed builds
Kyanite
State: WA

Post by Kyanite »

Rossyspsce wrote:
Kyanite wrote:
Rossyspsce wrote:
Understandable, but looking at their other team they had really outstanding builds, 3rd in mission, 1st mousetrap, 4th Wright stuff. Not sure if there is a single person on that second team doing builds, but I think Camas Black really bombed builds
Thats true, I am sure they would have liked to have done better.
Rossyspsce

Post by Rossyspsce »

Kyanite wrote:
Rossyspsce wrote:
Kyanite wrote:
Thats true, I am sure they would have liked to have done better.

I think seeing Bothell place higher than Camas Black overshadowed the real dark horse in Washington state scioly, that Camas Red is actually stepped up their builds more than Bothell has as a team, looking at growth from the last couple tournaments where both were in attendance
Last edited by Rossyspsce on February 19th, 2019, 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheChiScientist
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by TheChiScientist »

Given some major results, I'll put in my top 10...
Div C:
1. Troy
2. Mason
3. Solon
4. WW-P North
5. New Trier
6. Acton-Boxborough
7. Harriton
8. Mira Loma
9. LASA or 7 Lakes
10. Stevenson
Last edited by TheChiScientist on February 16th, 2019, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
Anomaly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by Anomaly »

TheChiScientist wrote:Given some major results, I'll put in my top 10...
Div C:
1. Troy
2. Mason
3. Solon
4. WW-P North
5. New Trier
6. Acton-Boxborough
7. Harriton
8. Mira Loma
9. Mounds View
10. Camas
wow totally discounting NY teams here