Best Possible Team Score

For anything Science Olympiad-related that might not fall under a specific event or competition.
User avatar
MoMoney$$$;)0)
Member
Member
Posts: 154
Joined: January 14th, 2019, 6:38 pm
Division: C
State: OH
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: In Cleveland Somewhere
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Best Possible Team Score

Post by MoMoney$$$;)0) » February 17th, 2019, 2:09 pm

I was wondering what the best possible team score heard of is?
Division C - Northeast Ohio
Gravity Vehicle
Machines
Detector Building
Circuit Lab
Protein Modeling


2019-2020 Medal Count: 5 :cry:
"Don't be upset by the results you didn't get from the work you didn't do'
Memberships: Builder Cult

User avatar
Galahad
Member
Member
Posts: 263
Joined: January 22nd, 2018, 11:28 pm
Division: C
State: HI
Location: Somewhere in the Pacific Ocean
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Best Possible Team Score

Post by Galahad » February 17th, 2019, 2:43 pm

I have no idea what the best team score ever was, but I'm pretty sure none has surpassed 90's.

The best possible team score ever, having 1st places in all 23 events, is well, 23.
Here we go again!

Highlands Intermediate School '16-'19
Pearl City High School '19-??
DMAH '18-??

https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Galahad

User avatar
TheChiScientist
Member
Member
Posts: 730
Joined: March 11th, 2018, 11:25 am
Division: Grad
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: Contemplating yeeting myself off a cliff...
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Best Possible Team Score

Post by TheChiScientist » February 17th, 2019, 3:48 pm

Galahad wrote:I have no idea what the best team score ever was, but I'm pretty sure none has surpassed 90's.

The best possible team score ever, having 1st places in all 23 events, is well, 23.
Mound Views had a score of 23 at MN state if I recall correctly. (Within the past 5 years?)
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me

User avatar
John Richardsim
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Posts: 736
Joined: February 26th, 2014, 10:54 am
Division: Grad
State: MI
Location: Robinson Twp.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Best Possible Team Score

Post by John Richardsim » February 17th, 2019, 4:31 pm

TheChiScientist wrote: Mound Views had a score of 23 at MN state if I recall correctly. (Within the past 5 years?)
Looking through the scoresheets, it looks like the lowest was last year with a 27 (29 if you include the dropped event).
Si Quaeris Peninsulam Amoenam Circumspice

User avatar
Galahad
Member
Member
Posts: 263
Joined: January 22nd, 2018, 11:28 pm
Division: C
State: HI
Location: Somewhere in the Pacific Ocean
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Best Possible Team Score

Post by Galahad » February 17th, 2019, 5:50 pm

none has surpassed 90 at nationals
Here we go again!

Highlands Intermediate School '16-'19
Pearl City High School '19-??
DMAH '18-??

https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Galahad

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4265
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Has thanked: 142 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: Best Possible Team Score

Post by Unome » February 17th, 2019, 6:24 pm

John Richardsim wrote:
TheChiScientist wrote: Mound Views had a score of 23 at MN state if I recall correctly. (Within the past 5 years?)
Looking through the scoresheets, it looks like the lowest was last year with a 27 (29 if you include the dropped event).
Can confirm Mounds View's state score last year was the lowest I'm aware of on a reasonably comparable event slate.
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

pb5754
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 490
Joined: March 5th, 2017, 7:49 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 62 times

Re: Best Possible Team Score

Post by pb5754 » February 18th, 2019, 6:51 pm

Hmmmm what would happen if Troy sent their A Team to regionals instead of their B Team? :o
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South '21

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 1572
Joined: January 18th, 2015, 7:42 am
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Best Possible Team Score

Post by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F » February 18th, 2019, 6:52 pm

pb5754[] wrote:Hmmmm what would happen if Troy sent their A Team to regionals instead of their B Team? :o
Dang that's their B team?

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4265
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Has thanked: 142 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: Best Possible Team Score

Post by Unome » February 18th, 2019, 7:51 pm

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F wrote:
pb5754[] wrote:Hmmmm what would happen if Troy sent their A Team to regionals instead of their B Team? :o
Dang that's their B team?
We don't know for sure but it seems plausible to me, given how their B team performed at regionals in 2017 (roughly in line with this year's performance).

Getting a record-level low score relies far more on other teams being weak than on the top team being strong. A single team that's somewhat competitive with Troy's B team would probably be enough to prevent them from attaining a sub-35 score.
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

primitivepolonium
Member
Member
Posts: 52
Joined: August 3rd, 2013, 9:00 am
Division: Grad
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Best Possible Team Score

Post by primitivepolonium » February 18th, 2019, 8:50 pm

Unome wrote:
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F wrote:
pb5754[] wrote:Hmmmm what would happen if Troy sent their A Team to regionals instead of their B Team? :o
Dang that's their B team?
We don't know for sure but it seems plausible to me, given how their B team performed at regionals in 2017 (roughly in line with this year's performance).

Getting a record-level low score relies far more on other teams being weak than on the top team being strong. A single team that's somewhat competitive with Troy's B team would probably be enough to prevent them from attaining a sub-35 score.
98% sure that this year's regionals saw their A team (although 1 or 2 people may be swapped depending on the scioly gods).

Also yeah, Troy has had some pretty bad years at regionals just bc of bad events and other good teams.
Div D! I really like chem, oceanography, and nail polish--not in that order.

Troy HS, co2016.

Feel free to PM me about SciOly or college or whatever! I really enjoy making online friends.

Post Reply

Return to “General Competition”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests