UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: PA

Re: Fossils B/C

Post by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F »

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F wrote:
AwersomeUser wrote:Also I am struggling to decide the right formating system...
Should it be a legnthy paragraph format...
Or a bit shorter paragraph format...
Or like this...

Please help I was trying to redo the binder in the format of the 3rd image... If I do that should I attempt to break everything down into bullet points (when I am just sepeating sentences...) like distrigushing features for the 3rd image?

And also (about) how much harder is states?
Whichever one you can read most easily and locate info in is best. Your decision. States is around the same as regionals for Pennsylvania, but states and regionals tournaments are generally independent so your results may vary.
Oh and 1st and 2nd are the same image?
RockRoll92
Division: B
State: RI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by RockRoll92 »

Or like this...

Please help I was trying to redo the binder in the format of the 3rd image... If I do that should I attempt to break everything down into bullet points (when I am just sepeating sentences...) like distrigushing features for the 3rd image?

Are... are you making these on your phone/ tablet? I hope you are using a laptop or computer
2018-2019 Fossils, Thermo, WIDI, RollerCoaster, Density Lab
RockRoll92's Userpage
AwersomeUser

Post by AwersomeUser »

Rock&Roll92 wrote:
Or like this...

Are... are you making these on your phone/ tablet? I hope you are using a laptop or computer
Yes... But I am working on a laptop now after seeing this...
2018-2019: Fossils, Solar System, Sci Quiz Bowl (Trial)
2019-2020: Circuit Lab, Machines, Mission (Im)possible, Reach For The Stars
2020-2021: Anatomy & Physilogy (if no conflicts) Astronomy, Enviromental Chemistry, Machines <-- I want to do these...
GurtYo
State: IL

Post by GurtYo »

When finding your information, do you write down information about the living version as well as the fossilized version? For example, could I just use Wikipedia, even though it talks about the living version? I know that a lot of the genera on the list are extinct, but some *such as Carcharodon* are still living.
“Life is short.
Smile while you still have teeth.”

― Mallory Hopkins
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

GurtYo wrote:When finding your information, do you write down information about the living version as well as the fossilized version? For example, could I just use Wikipedia, even though it talks about the living version? I know that a lot of the genera on the list are extinct, but some *such as Carcharodon* are still living.
They should be the same organism, but some things you can write about the fossils are the distribution, commonly found fossils, etc.
GurtYo
State: IL

Post by GurtYo »

GurtYo wrote:When finding your information, do you write down information about the living version as well as the fossilized version? For example, could I just use Wikipedia, even though it talks about the living version? I know that a lot of the genera on the list are extinct, but some *such as Carcharodon* are still living.
They should be the same organism, but some things you can write about the fossils are the distribution, commonly found fossils, etc.
So I don't write about how it lived, ate, etc?
“Life is short.
Smile while you still have teeth.”

― Mallory Hopkins
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

GurtYo wrote:
So I don't write about how it lived, ate, etc?
Do write about those. It's probably similar to its current lifestyle though.
jennarholt
State: NC
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by jennarholt »

Okay, so I need a reply ASAP (we've got a week to comp. and we have to cram to finish our notes because my partner and I are stupid). When identifying the taxa, do they need to be down to the level as in like KPCOFGS? or just what's on the list, like KPOG?
2023: Rocks and Minerals, Dynamic Planet, Cell Biology
2022: Rocks and Minerals (R.2nd, St. 3rd)
>2021: Fossils was the love of my life. Some days I can still hear its call...
AWildMudkip
Division: Grad
State: TX

Post by AWildMudkip »

jennarholt wrote:Okay, so I need a reply ASAP (we've got a week to comp. and we have to cram to finish our notes because my partner and I are stupid). When identifying the taxa, do they need to be down to the level as in like KPCOFGS? or just what's on the list, like KPOG?
You only need to ID the most specific taxonomic level possible as indicated by the numbering on the list (unless otherwise specified by the test writer)
William P. Clements High School Class of 2018

Earth Science Director of Princeton University SO (2019)
PUSO Director (2020)
[email protected]
jennarholt
State: NC
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by jennarholt »

AWildMudkip wrote:
jennarholt wrote:Okay, so I need a reply ASAP (we've got a week to comp. and we have to cram to finish our notes because my partner and I are stupid). When identifying the taxa, do they need to be down to the level as in like KPCOFGS? or just what's on the list, like KPOG?
You only need to ID the most specific taxonomic level possible as indicated by the numbering on the list (unless otherwise specified by the test writer)
Alright! Thank you!
2023: Rocks and Minerals, Dynamic Planet, Cell Biology
2022: Rocks and Minerals (R.2nd, St. 3rd)
>2021: Fossils was the love of my life. Some days I can still hear its call...

Return to “2019 Study Events”