challis3
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: End Task

Post by challis3 »

windu34 wrote:
ScottMaurer19 wrote:
bearasauras wrote:
I'm trying to find that, do you know which rule states that it would be placed in a lower tier?
Last year it did, but this year the rules do not state that tiering is a consequence of not following construction parameters as far as I can tell. Instead I think you would just get 0 points for all of your actions
This is by no means official nor does it represent the opinion of any of the organizations that I represent. That said:
I am not so sure these interpretations are correct. 3.c. is stating that "Any action in the device not designed to contribute to the completion of the Final Action will not count for points". I would argue that as long as the team intends to complete the Final Action as shown by the ASL, then they would earn points for all the tasks even if the final task didn't work for some reason. However, if they didnt even "attempt" the final task in their device, then I can see how the argument could be made to not award any points for any of the preceding tasks.
Last year our machine messed up the last action but we still placed at states so I assume that we weren't tiered
JohnsonLuu

Post by JohnsonLuu »

Anyone have an easy mechanical solution I can implement? I have the start task dropping a golf ball about 15 cm. How would I connect this to my end task. Thanks (:
JohnsonLuu

Post by JohnsonLuu »

I found one using pulleys, however, what the requirements of the wood exactly?
Dreamz
Division: Grad
State: OH

Post by Dreamz »

JohnsonLuu wrote:I found one using pulleys, however, what the requirements of the wood exactly?
Scissors jack isn't that bad.
JohnsonLuu

Post by JohnsonLuu »

Dreamz wrote:
JohnsonLuu wrote:I found one using pulleys, however, what the requirements of the wood exactly?
How would I implement this?
Dreamz
State: OH

Post by Dreamz »

JohnsonLuu wrote:
Dreamz wrote:
Scissors jack requires either something pushing the platform up, or something squeezing the X-shaped "legs" together. Gas expanding a syringe might work. Same with a falling weight (although be careful to control speed).
JohnsonLuu

Post by JohnsonLuu »

Dreamz wrote:
JohnsonLuu wrote:
Dreamz wrote:
Scissors jack requires either something pushing the platform up, or something squeezing the X-shaped "legs" together. Gas expanding a syringe might work. Same with a falling weight (although be careful to control speed).
Well for everyone's information, my start task worked and my end task was a catapult that did not work.
PM2017
State: CA

Post by PM2017 »

JohnsonLuu wrote:
Dreamz wrote:
JohnsonLuu wrote: How would I implement this?
Well for everyone's information, my start task worked and my end task was a catapult that did not work.
how would you use a catapult?
West High '19
UC Berkeley '23

Go Bears!
nmurali2002

Post by nmurali2002 »

Curious about what you guys think regarding the phrasing of "movement stops". In my last competition, the ES had no problems with us calling time and flicking our switch after our motor stalled the platform at its final position. Our motor was still wiggling a bit, but the platform had stopped. Is this consistent with what you guys have seen?
TheSquaad

Post by TheSquaad »

nmurali2002 wrote:Curious about what you guys think regarding the phrasing of "movement stops". In my last competition, the ES had no problems with us calling time and flicking our switch after our motor stalled the platform at its final position. Our motor was still wiggling a bit, but the platform had stopped. Is this consistent with what you guys have seen?
As long as the platform itself has no visible movement, it should be perfectly fine.

Return to “Mission Possible C”