Nosediving FF Kit

Flyingfish
Division: C
State: PA
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nosediving FF Kit

Post by Flyingfish »

Thanks everyone for your help! I've tried adjusting the wing and stab posts so the wing is higher in the front and the horizontal stab is lower in the front. I've also double checked the washin.

In my last trim session, the plane is no longer nosediving as seriously as it was. It flies in a circle, but it only flies in a descending circle. It doesn't go up of its own accord. I'm confused as to why this happens. If someone could give me some advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
coachchuckaahs
Coach
Coach
Division: B
State: NM

Post by coachchuckaahs »

Can you take a video and post a link?

It sounds possible at this point that you have insufficient power. Please let us know what prop you are using, what the pitch is, what rubber (width, preferably in grams/inch, length or mass), and how it is wound (winds, max torque, unwinds, launch torque, stretch). Also, a photo or two of the current plane configuration, measurements of the relative incidence (measure leading edge and trailing edge of the wing and stab height to a datum, usually top of the motor stick, usually to bottom of LE and TE), the CG location, and the mass of the plane (with propeller, without rubber).

Coach Chuck
Coach, Albuquerque Area Home Schoolers Flying Events
Nationals Results:
2016 C WS 8th place
2018 B WS 2nd place
2018 C Heli Champion
2019 B ELG 3rd place
2019 C WS Champion
AMA Results: 3 AAHS members qualify for US Jr Team in F1D, 4 new youth senior records
jinhusong
State: CA

Post by jinhusong »

Here are some setting from our setup. It was like yours, just going down when we started with default setup from the instruction. After adjust, it flies so good that we do not want to optimize it.

Wing +4.18 degree, Stab: + 1.2 degree. CG: way back, 3.49 inch (not sure, must be more than 3.0, if you need, I can give you tonight when I have access to the airplane) from TE of wing.

Prop: normal with 30 degree pitch angle.
Rubber: medium from the kit. 2.0g, about 18 inch loop.
Nose to wing: 0.75 inch (default)
Wing to Stab: 14.76 inch.

Winding: ~110 (torque 0.5), then back ~10 to torque 0.3.
Flyingfish
State: PA
Been thanked: 0

Post by Flyingfish »

Thanks so much for the help! I just continued to adjust the posts, and it started going up. I wasn't aware of how much of an impact a tiny difference makes.

Sorry for having so many questions! This event is just really confusing for me. The plane seems sort of unstable and is doing something of a roll? It's shaky horizontally, like it is shaking along the plane of the wings. What's the most likely reason for this?

Thanks!
jinhusong
State: CA

Post by jinhusong »

Flyingfish wrote:Thanks so much for the help! I just continued to adjust the posts, and it started going up. I wasn't aware of how much of an impact a tiny difference makes.

Sorry for having so many questions! This event is just really confusing for me. The plane seems sort of unstable and is doing something of a roll? It's shaky horizontally, like it is shaking along the plane of the wings. What's the most likely reason for this?

Thanks!
You need to give your angles and CG for the coaches to help you. Maybe the Stab angle is too big now.

Have you moved CG forward when you raise the wing LE post?

Return to “Wright Stuff C”