Those moments you will never forget!

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
TheChiScientist
Division: Grad
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Those moments you will never forget!

Post by TheChiScientist »

DatSciolyBoi wrote:Here's a few of my memorable ones
When my partner glued her hand to our wright stuff plane.
When I got two medals at state.
When our boomilever A team somehow placed 12 places behind our B team.
When Everyone's getting 1st or 2nd's at regionals and one event gets 25th and drags us all to 3rd place :cry:
Haha. Gotta love using superglue... State medals are always the best. (Got 3 to date. All top 2 and gunning for the 4th :) ) Lmao I was on the B team and the A team was always quite a few places behind me... Our regionals almost went that way for us... All of these memorable moments are awfully familiar to mine...
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
DatSciolyBoi
Division: C
State: CA

Post by DatSciolyBoi »

TheChiScientist wrote:
DatSciolyBoi wrote:Here's a few of my memorable ones
When my partner glued her hand to our wright stuff plane.
When I got two medals at state.
When our boomilever A team somehow placed 12 places behind our B team.
When Everyone's getting 1st or 2nd's at regionals and one event gets 25th and drags us all to 3rd place :cry:
Haha. Gotta love using superglue... State medals are always the best. (Got 3 to date. All top 2 and gunning for the 4th :) ) Lmao I was on the B team and the A team was always quite a few places behind me... Our regionals almost went that way for us... All of these memorable moments are awfully familiar to mine...
Lmao i've only been to state once so far (2 2nd places). Man I HATED using superglue, especially trying to make last second repairs...
Chaparral Middle School -> Troy High School
Background in: Wright Stuff, Bottle Rocket, Mission Possible, Wind Power, Experimental Design, Elastic Launched Glider, Fossils, Mystery Architecture
Builder Cult Satanic Group .CO :twisted:
Co-Sassy of Game 138: Tanks and Turrets
BenW
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by BenW »

Mine is going to state as a B team (the teams I'm on are always small so we have just-under members) as a 5th grader and getting 5th in wheeled vehicle even though we didn't do anything for invitationals.
2014-15 first year, then 2018-2023 was my divC years.
I feel old now.
linzhiyan
State: MO

Post by linzhiyan »

Yesterday during CodeBusters, one of my partners thought that we were finished about 20 minutes in, and I just threw a couple sheets of paper at her and told her to check the back of those... turns out, we still had about 5 problems to do... whoops... and we ended up not finishing the test.
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
重要事情说三次
dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MO

Post by dxu46 »

Coming into geomapping regionals yesterday with nothing except road scholar knowledge and a stack of internet printouts, finishing the test in 20 minutes, and getting 4th.
JacobBeaver2004
Division: B
State: OH

Post by JacobBeaver2004 »

Placing 3rd in roller coaster at nationals :D
primitivepolonium

Post by primitivepolonium »

When I was a junior, I wanted to ask a boy out to a Sadies Hawkin dance (a girl's choice dance). He did XPD, so I thought, "What better than to do a XPD-themed ask?"

My friends put together an XPD exam from a fake invite named Idessa (anagram of Sadies). They then gave it to him, telling him they got it through test trading and that no one had heard of it before. His XPD partners were in on it, and so they convinced him to take it with them.

The premise of the XPD was that they were given a timer and a list of months. I have a month name, and my month was inconspicuously missing. The triad elected to do an experiment where you time how long it takes for different people to read through the months (or something like that). They eventually got to my month, or where it should have been if it wasn't missing.

One of my (future) date's partners said, "Where's *month*?"

And then I came out with the poster and asked.

Unfortunately, the boy thought the XPD was real. His partners knew it wasn't real, so they tried to get us to take a picture with the poster or something after he said "Yes".

He told them to get back so they could finish up the XPD.

(TBH, I've forgotten this moment for like 4 years LOL until I remembered I too was forced into doing XPD at some point.)
Div D! I really like chem, oceanography, and nail polish--not in that order.

Troy HS, co2016.

Feel free to PM me about SciOly or college or whatever! I really enjoy making online friends.
PeriodicPenguins82
Division: B
State: OH

Post by PeriodicPenguins82 »

TheChiScientist wrote:List your most memorable moment in Science Olympiad :D (funny partner fails, Event fails, etc)
Me and my partner were alternates for herpetology on team 2. We did not know anything about herpetology and did not even have a binder. We answered "oof" to every question we did not know, which was more than half. Our team 1, on the other hand, had the largest binder, already had 2 years of experience in that event, and spent their whole break studying and going over the animals on the list. When we got the scores back, my team: team 2, scored 5 places higher than team 1. Also, we scored in the top 10 at this regional competition!!!!!!
Crimesolver
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by Crimesolver »

PeriodicPenguins82 wrote:Me and my partner were alternates for herpetology on team 2. We did not know anything about herpetology and did not even have a binder. We answered "oof" to every question we did not know, which was more than half. Our team 1, on the other hand, had the largest binder, already had 2 years of experience in that event, and spent their whole break studying and going over the animals on the list. When we got the scores back, my team: team 2, scored 5 places higher than team 1. Also, we scored in the top 10 at this regional competition!!!!!!
How is that-
What kinda sorce-
Keep on going :)
JavaScriptCoder

Post by JavaScriptCoder »

At our regionals, I was on the Wright Stuff team. The plane had just broken both its wing and horizontal stabilizer, the primary propeller, and the tail (twice!) in the twenty-four hours before the competition. We tried to fix it with an excess of superglue, and it held together (at least for the competition). However, our run time was cut from ninety seconds plus to just twenty seconds. And everyone was clapping, so we thought they were "mocking us".

Team 2 comes up right after. We want to watch how the other team flies. Their plane literally FALLS OUT OF THEIR HANDS. Like a paper airplane could fly farther than their plane did, this is repeated at least twice before we have to leave for our next event. At the end, we somehow got first. Time for states now...
Here to help!~

IMSA Class of '22
Events: Astronomy, Protein Modeling, (formerly: Wright Stuff, Chem Lab, Circuit Lab, Thermodynamics)

Return to “General Chat”