Scores Discussion

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4209
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse

Re: Scores Discussion

Post by Unome » November 19th, 2018, 6:29 pm

DrDaveV wrote:Any idea what invitational scores will be like by December and early January in NY, PA, and NJ?
By early January, top scores in those areas will probably be in the range of 1000-1200.
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

Vortexx
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: November 19th, 2018, 8:35 am
State: IN

Re: Scores Discussion

Post by Vortexx » December 7th, 2018, 11:02 am

windu34 wrote:Nationals Score Predictions
1.) 1550
6.) 1350
20.) 1000

I tried to be conservative, I would not be surprised to see my predictions exceeded.
Is this with a target time of 120 seconds?
[hide]Events|2017-Mission, Hovercraft
2018- Mission, Hover, Codebusters, Source Code

User avatar
windu34
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1354
Joined: April 19th, 2015, 6:37 pm
Division: Grad
State: FL
Location: Gainesville, Florida

Re: Scores Discussion

Post by windu34 » February 16th, 2019, 7:31 am

Vortexx wrote:
windu34 wrote:Nationals Score Predictions
1.) 1550
6.) 1350
20.) 1000

I tried to be conservative, I would not be surprised to see my predictions exceeded.
Is this with a target time of 120 seconds?
I made these with a target time of 105 in mind.
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
Florida State Tournament Director 2020
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Member
kevin@floridascienceolympiad.org || windu34's Userpage

Circuit Lab Event Supervisor for 2020: UT Austin (B/C), MIT (C), Solon (C), Princeton (C), Golden Gate (C), Nationals (C)

User avatar
nateDC
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: November 30th, 2018, 4:13 pm
Division: C
State: MD
Location: Right where I am

Re: Scores Discussion

Post by nateDC » March 2nd, 2019, 12:14 pm

windu34 wrote:
Vortexx wrote:
windu34 wrote:Nationals Score Predictions
1.) 1550
6.) 1350
20.) 1000

I tried to be conservative, I would not be surprised to see my predictions exceeded.
Is this with a target time of 120 seconds?
I made these with a target time of 105 in mind.
How big are you assuming the box to be?
I can't think of anything else to put here, so I just wrote this...

Airco2020
Member
Member
Posts: 103
Joined: February 11th, 2019, 12:43 pm

Re: Scores Discussion

Post by Airco2020 » March 4th, 2019, 7:27 am

1205 won our regional competition Saturday. 60 sec target time.

User avatar
ET2020
Member
Member
Posts: 53
Joined: April 16th, 2018, 11:35 am
Division: C
State: NY
Location: FM

Re: Scores Discussion

Post by ET2020 » March 16th, 2019, 4:28 pm

1348 won New York State with an 85 second target. We had 9 tasks but no touches.
Fayetteville Manlius High School
2020 Events: Astronomy, Code, Dynamic, PPP

User avatar
cuber
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: March 25th, 2017, 7:26 am
Division: C
State: NY

Re: Scores Discussion

Post by cuber » March 17th, 2019, 12:38 pm

ET2020 wrote:1348 won New York State with an 85 second target. We had 9 tasks but no touches.
I saw your device, it looked excellent! Incredibly compact.

We placed 4th with a score of ~1100. 11 actions, 2 touches (one scoreable and one non scoreable) and our timer ran over. We ended up extending the height of our device with cardboard after misreading rule 4c :D

LIPX3
Member
Member
Posts: 88
Joined: January 10th, 2016, 8:41 am
Division: C

Re: Scores Discussion

Post by LIPX3 » March 17th, 2019, 2:10 pm

Marquette won in Wisconsin with a score of ~1400.

erico.vert
Member
Member
Posts: 18
Joined: March 20th, 2018, 5:17 pm
Division: C
State: MD

Re: Scores Discussion

Post by erico.vert » March 18th, 2019, 6:41 pm

cuber wrote:
ET2020 wrote:1348 won New York State with an 85 second target. We had 9 tasks but no touches.
I saw your device, it looked excellent! Incredibly compact.

We placed 4th with a score of ~1100. 11 actions, 2 touches (one scoreable and one non scoreable) and our timer ran over. We ended up extending the height of our device with cardboard after misreading rule 4c :D
I'm curious what task you didn't attempt

User avatar
cuber
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: March 25th, 2017, 7:26 am
Division: C
State: NY

Re: Scores Discussion

Post by cuber » March 18th, 2019, 7:48 pm

erico.vert wrote: I'm curious what task you didn't attempt
Peltier cells never arrived from amazon :cry: , so no endothermic.

Locked

Return to “Mission Possible C”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests