lumosityfan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: TX
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: New York 2019

Post by lumosityfan »

Anomaly wrote:@lumosityfan or anyone else, is there a division b prediction contest as well?
Your wish has been granted! Here is the link for the Division B Contest: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link. Remember that joke entries are subject to not being regarded in the contest and you must fill out all 10 teams in the Top 10 Prediction. Entries are due by 7:00 PM EDT April 5th, 2019. Good luck!
John P. Stevens Class of 2015 (Go Hawks!)
Columbia University Class of 2019 (Go Lions!)
GabeAtwa
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by GabeAtwa »

scioly2345 wrote:My NY Division B Predictions (descriptions for some)
1. Gelinas
From LISO and Rustin where they got just under Community MS becoming first highest NY team, and them sweeping their regionals. From them beating both Solon and Beckendorff at Cornell (getting second to Community MS AGAIN) and getting first highest NY team. They are very much on top of their game and I expect them to take New York State again.
2. Bay Academy
Bay has been on top of their game this year. They swept their regionals and without that penalty they would’ve gotten 52 points at their regionals. At LISO and Rustin they took 4th overall and getting 2nd best NY team. I think they have a very good chance at Nats this year. If they keep up their strongs and bring up their weaks, they definitely have a chance this year.
3. Eagle Hill
I definitely think after last years States, Eagle Hill is definitely trying to come back and prove that they can get to Nats. They swept their regionals by a pretty far margin, however I put them in third because of their thirteenth place at Cornell. Their balsa events were a bit low at Cornell. Hopefully they can lift those up.
4. Goff or RC Murphy
Now I would’ve definitely put Goff in 4th because of Murphy’s lack of invys, but they’re RC Murphy. Their past years results definitely show how much that they can and will prove a lot of us wrong when they don’t go to any invys. Goff however has the past years national drive that’ll push them far, and they are not gonna slack this year either. Murphys’s events like game on or mystery arch are what is gonna determine the success of their team at NYS.
5. Goff or RC Murphy
6. CJ Hooker
7. Weber
8. Port Jeff
9. South Woods
10 Calkins Road
LOL

The fact that you’re putting Murphy as 4/5 and not 2nd where they’re going to place is laughable. Bay Academy is most likely going to get 3rd, which is still good. This prediction makes me wonder what school you’re from...
DMAH Team B captain :wink:
kate!

Post by kate! »

GabeAtwa wrote:
LOL

The fact that you’re putting Murphy as 4/5 and not 2nd where they’re going to place is laughable. Bay Academy is most likely going to get 3rd, which is still good. This prediction makes me wonder what school you’re from...
Be respectful of other people's predictions; even though you may not agree with them, they're still entitled to their own opinion. Also, you can clearly see in their signature that this person is from Bro. Joseph Fox, don't accuse them of being biased.
8th grade: I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems!
9th grade: I knew stuff about amphibians, reptiles, freshwater, and experiments!
10th grade: I knew stuff about oceanography, saltwater, birds, and fossils!
11th grade: I knew stuff about birds and fossils!
Tailsfan101
Division: Grad
State: ID

Post by Tailsfan101 »

GabeAtwa wrote:
LOL

Also, Bay Academy has been widely predicted to get 2nd this year at state. R.C. Murphy is not a particularly popular pick for 2nd; while they still have a decent chance, I'd say it'll probably be either Bay Academy or Eagle Hill.
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MO

Post by dxu46 »

Tailsfan101 wrote:
GabeAtwa wrote:
LOL

Also, Bay Academy has been widely predicted to get 2nd this year at state. R.C. Murphy is not a particularly popular pick for 2nd; while they still have a decent chance, I'd say it'll probably be either Bay Academy or Eagle Hill.
We don't really know anything about RC Murphy so we can only use last year's results and this year's regional results (which aren't really that indicative). 4/5 IMO is kind of low, but then again I can't really say anything. I doubt it's going to be Eagle Hill either, just a gut feeling with no proof. But yeah, Bay's amazing performance at invitationals could mean that they have a chance at the bid.
sciolyperson1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ

Post by sciolyperson1 »

dxu46 wrote:
Tailsfan101 wrote:
GabeAtwa wrote:
LOL

We don't really know anything about RC Murphy so we can only use last year's results and this year's regional results (which aren't really that indicative). 4/5 IMO is kind of low, but then again I can't really say anything. I doubt it's going to be Eagle Hill either, just a gut feeling with no proof. But yeah, Bay's amazing performance at invitationals could mean that they have a chance at the bid.

I wouldn't go as far to say that their invitational performance is amazing, rather, I would say that they've been improving a lot since last year. They definitely have a lot of room for improvement, but really, don't all teams have a lot of room for improvement?
SoCal Planning Team & BirdSO Tournament Director
WW-P HSN '22, Community MS '18
Sciolyperson1's Userpage
Crimesolver
State: CA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by Crimesolver »

kate! wrote: 1. C.J. Hooker A (23)
WOW! first place in every event!
Keep on going :)
wzhang5460
Division: B

Post by wzhang5460 »

Crimesolver wrote:
kate! wrote: 1. C.J. Hooker A (23)
WOW! first place in every event!
Not all events were run at their regionals
Circuit Lab NY State Champion with legendary circuitologist Eric Wang
LONGEST DEFENDING ROCKS AND MINERALS REGIONAL CHAMPION OF EASTERN LONG ISLAND IN HISTORY ~4 YEARS AND COUNTING
GabeAtwa
Been thanked: 0

Post by GabeAtwa »

kate! wrote:
GabeAtwa wrote:
LOL

Be respectful of other people's predictions; even though you may not agree with them, they're still entitled to their own opinion. Also, you can clearly see in their signature that this person is from Bro. Joseph Fox, don't accuse them of being biased.

Chill Kate I didn’t see their school smh. And when did I ever accuse them of being biased? I just said it made me wonder what school they’re from. Don’t take my words out of contexts. Ever. Again.
DMAH Team B captain :wink:
kate!

Post by kate! »

GabeAtwa wrote:
kate! wrote:
GabeAtwa wrote:
LOL

Chill Kate I didn’t see their school smh. And when did I ever accuse them of being biased? I just said it made me wonder what school they’re from. Don’t take my words out of contexts. Ever. Again.
Sorry for being a bit rude. I thought the ellipse at the end was implying that you thought the person was from one of the schools listed in the top 5 and therefore they put themselves high on purpose. Clearly we were not on the same page.
8th grade: I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems!
9th grade: I knew stuff about amphibians, reptiles, freshwater, and experiments!
10th grade: I knew stuff about oceanography, saltwater, birds, and fossils!
11th grade: I knew stuff about birds and fossils!

Return to “2019 Regionals & States”